SportsWrath

Per Ralph V

Allstarjim

Snee (again), Rolle, and Webster are re-working their contracts to add some flexibility to the Giants cap. They are converting some salary into bonus money.

YES! More re-worked contracts so the Front Office can let more of last years starters walk away without a contract.....

Who could we possibly want from Chicago....?

Lance Briggs has been wanting out of Chicago for quite awhile now and has an Osi like attitude in which he wants more money every year even though he's highly paid. He's been playing an outside linebacker position in the last few years, but played the MIKE for 7 years. He's one of the top LB'rs in the NFL, but his annual bitching about pay would get old fast.

He's also a six time pro-bowler because he is a top player and maybe the top LB'r in the league.

Lance Briggs has been wanting out of Chicago for quite awhile now and has an Osi like attitude in which he wants more money every year even though he's highly paid. He's been playing an outside linebacker position in the last few years, but played the MIKE for 7 years. He's one of the top LB'rs in the NFL, but his annual bitching about pay would get old fast.

Yep... I can't think of any other scenario... we have JPP so Osi is expendable... and ... grrr do I really need to bring up our LB situation?

Isn't Lance Briggs in his 30's?

He's 30 years old and will turn 31 later this year. He's got a few good years left in him.

If we got him, I'd backload the shit out of the contract. He would be great for the young LB'rs coming up as a mentor. If they could pick up the little tricks that have made him a star and get it ingrained in the Jones, Herzlich, and Jacquian Williams (heck, and Paysinger too)....it'd be worth every penny. Might even be the perfect LB'r coach in the future.

I say go with the Legend,and let Boley make the calls..........Fkkkk Lance Briggs

this^ I have no problems with our current LB's, maybe a little too soon for Legend but he can play, he was a four year starter at Michigan State. At worst Goff comes back next year and moves to the Strongside. Paysinger is the future replacement for Boley. We are fine.

this^ I have no problems with our current LB's, maybe a little too soon for Legend but he can play, he was a four year starter at Michigan State. At worst Goff comes back next year and moves to the Strongside. Paysinger is the future replacement for Boley. We are fine.

IMO Paysinger is trash and Jaquain Williams is Boleys replacement by 2013.

Paysinger may turn out to be a serviceable backup and STer though.

He's also a six time pro-bowler because he is a top player and maybe the top LB'r in the league.

Um.... wouldn't Urlacher have had something to say about that?

But if Briggs can play the middle well enough to justify his salary (demands)... hell yeah, bring him in.