SportsWrath

Pedict the Giants 2011 Season Record

JackStroud

Giants 2011 Record?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think our record will be this yesr?

• 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • better than 12-4
    • worse then 6-10

Personaly I cannot go into a season with a roster like this and not predict 12-4 or better

Why? Our strength in the trenches on both sides of the ball is 80% of my reasoning

I don't care if we are playing the 61 Packerss and 85 Bears every week- 12-4 is my guess

I will be very happy if we win 4 in particular though- The Eagles twice, the Jets, and the Pats

16-0

do you really want that? ............ too much pressure,,,,,,,,,,,,,last time a team did that they shit thier pants in the SB

Plus I like the Don Shula Champagne celebration every year.........I'd miss that

You know if you look at this poll so far , you would think Giant Fans are totally delusional, or every sports writer other than Amani Toomer is a nut case LOL

I expect the Redskins to put up the best fight of all these opponents BTW............they will lose but they will fight like heck

I hope the Giants give Andy Reid a return lesson on trick plays this year...........with our ball control team, we can afford to roll the dice a few times

I hear you Nas but thats asking perhaps a bit too much thus I put 12-4 or better

some nameless guy snuck in here and posted 7-9 just now............BadEgg must be monitoring this board and not posting

I am anxious to see if a Jets fan finds his way to this board.........if they do lets be nice to them......to be honest that game scares me the most......Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach.......he could go 10-6 with the Buffalo Bills

You guys are nuts. 7-9 at best.

What do you base that on?.......What don't you like about the team- the TE's, the slot back, CB's?

we esentially have the same team back from last year plus a good youth infusion, that team was snakebit but still went 10-6

I dont think its a lot to ask for 1-2 more victories in 2011

The Boys and Skins are ok but not in our class.............the Eagles have a bunch of shmoes on the O line so they could sign 42 corner backs...........wont help much against the Giants

We are a running team and CBs are not much good at stopping Brandon Jabobs and company.......as a matter of fact they will be reduced to 1-2 healthy corners if they even try to stop him head on :rolleyes:

whats hilarious here is all the "experts" are saying is we will go 9-7...........no one has picked 9-7 here

10-6. Oddly enough, I think this is a better team than last year's 10-6 team. But it's a tougher schedule, and there are plenty of "ifs" that could go sour. Add in that I still think we rely too heavily on the defensive line, and I expect a tail-off at the end of the season.

8-8 if everything breaks right..... which could be 4-12 if things go south

way too many holes for a team that 1) arguably hasn't improved at all as a back to back non-playoff team & 2) has too many good teams ahead of them in the conference: GB, Saints, Eagles, & the poop from NFC West that is guaranteed a playoff spot.

secondary is now paper thin, DTs are unproven, OL needs time to gel, WR now appears thin, QB is INT & fumble happy, Coach/OC playcalling is suspect, ST are meh, no TEs, can the D cover ANY running backs coming out of the backfield?, can the D come up with any big stops instead of coming up small?.... just too many ?s

8-8 if everything breaks right..... which could be 4-12 if things go south

way too many holes for a team that 1) arguably hasn't improved at all as a back to back non-playoff team & 2) has too many good teams ahead of them in the conference: GB, Saints, Eagles, & the poop from NFC West that is guaranteed a playoff spot.

secondary is now paper thin, DTs are unproven, OL needs time to gel, WR now appears thin, QB is INT & fumble happy, Coach/OC playcalling is suspect, ST are meh, no TEs, can the D cover ANY running backs coming out of the backfield?, can the D come up with any big stops instead of coming up small?.... just too many ?s

Jesus Echo why don't you tell us how you really feel :)

ok. i could care less about this season after the lockout. i'm happier than a pig in shit that hockey starts next week. it wouldn't shock me if i totally forgot about the game next sunday and miss it

Youd miss it for HOCKEY???/ :blink:

I cant stand hockey.

Everybodies right cause no one knows at this point what will happen

Thats what makes the NFL fun where eveery year a team goes from 1st to last, and another from last to first

I would disagree withthe pesimists because the core of our team is intact, and the new guys very intriquing

90% of the NFL cities would trade their entire roster for ours

The Media has gotten in some of your heads.......the Medias NFL pre-season prediction record is Abysmal

You can tear apart our team, but you could do worse to the Eagles............they have only one or two dependable returnees on either front line.............Vick almost got killed by Cleveland............Cleaveland?????

If they cannot stop cleveland what will happen to them when they face the Giants, Jets, and New England????

I'n my opinion the Eagles are headed to a 8-8 or 9-7 season...........or worse........I dont know who backs up Vick but by the 3rd or 4th game he will likely be their starter.......oh yeah Vince Young......Hopefully Vince does not have a nervous breakdown int he halftime locker room one of those games.

The Media likes the 6-10 Cowboys WHY???????????? because they wear the Star?........i predict he Jets will give the "Stars" a good old fashioned Axx whipping this coming Sunday night.

ok. i could care less about this season after the lockout. i'm happier than a pig in shit that hockey starts next week. it wouldn't shock me if i totally forgot about the game next sunday and miss it

:mellow::unsure:

(I'm no fan of hockey... can't stand baseball... hated basketball since the knicks started sucking balls... Golf is NOT a sport and neither is NASCAR... All i got is football :cwy: )

You can tear apart our team, but you could do worse to the Eagles............they have only one or two dependable returnees on either front line.............Vick almost got killed by Cleveland............Cleaveland?????

If they cannot stop cleveland what will happen to them when they face the Giants, Jets, and New England????

I'n my opinion the Eagles are headed to a 8-8 or 9-7 season...........or worse........I dont know who backs up Vick but by the 3rd or 4th game he will likely be their starter.......oh yeah Vince Young......Hopefully Vince does not have a nervous breakdown int he halftime locker room one of those games.

The Media likes the 6-10 Cowboys WHY???????????? because they wear the Star?........i predict he Jets will give the "Stars" a good old fashioned Axx whipping this coming Sunday night.

Brace yourself--I agree with you here. Yes, the Eagles have an excellent secondary. But that front 7? Ewwwwwwwwwwww... Lots of fresh bodies on the line, but nothing gelled yet. Their linebackers are now worse than ours. The oline is a mess. Their defense has been mediocre over the last couple of years, and has not been a factor in our defeats. I don't know about 8-8 or 9-7 for them, but they damn sure aren't taking the division in a walk.

Dallas? They did worse than nothing in FA, in part due to their cap. Their oline might have improved, but they're still mediocre at best. Their skill players are ok, but Jones and Choice usually don't survive 16 games, which could force them to be completely one-dimensional at the end of the season. Think Romo is looking forward to a pass-first offense in wk 10 behind that line? I don't. The defense is flat-out weak.

We lower the turnovers (both in passing and running game--Bradshaw fumbled like crazy last year as well), and win the right games, 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.