Tight Ends of interest

Lughead

1. Donald Lee

2. Desmond Clark,

3 .Donte Rosario,

4. Fendi Onobun,

5.Dan Gronkowski

6. Michael Matthews (former Giant TE)

We have to look at Lee no doubt in my mind. Although he is 31 years old he may be a stop gap until the next draft.

I wouldn't mind Desmond Clark. Also, Shawn Nelson was cut in Buffalo. He is still young and let's face it, nobody does much in Buffalo, I liked Nelson in college, think we should give him a shot

Nelson would be another solid option. Probably one of the best options.

Signing Donald Lee wouldn't help us at all. Ballard and Pascoe are about on the same level (or even above that level) as Donald Lee. He's not a pass catching tight end. He's a mediocre at best blocking tight end with SOME talent as a receiver. He's Howard Cross-Light.

I would seriously question Jerry Reese if he thought it fit to sign Donald Lee, a carbon copy of what we already have. The man didn't even play in 2010 or 2011.....give me some of the shit some of you guys are smoking.

Personally, I don't think any TE is out there that is any better than what we already have. There's certainly no Bavaro out there waiting for a job. And what we have alreade are guys that have been in Fewell's system long enough to know what's expected of them. Ballard is young (23) and 6'6" and has shown flashes and Pascoe (25) is 6'5" with a big heart. Beckum (24) is not the iedal size for a TE at 6'3", but he put up good numbers as a pass catching TE in college, but has not adapted to the NFL very well.

Regardless, all the TE's I see out there are either undersized or one-dimensional. I don't see a perfect fit sitting out there that is any better than what we have. Let's hope Ballard steps up his game and develops into a stud or that Pascoe or Beckum dig down and find some greatness in them.

Also.....here's a blip from another message board that makes perfect sense and explains why the Giants will probably do nothing until after the first game is over:

"Signing players who were cut today, either by claiming them off of waivers after at least 24 hours have passed or signing free agents with over 4 years of experience, is not necessarily a slam dunk process because of salary cap implications.

Teams that sign free agents or claim players off of waivers before week 1 games will be responsible for their salaries for the entire year. This is why we'll see some of the bigger names released linger on the market before the first game. This hasn't been an issue in two years since last year was an uncapped year, but this year the league is back to business as it was before that.

What is likely to happen for teams who feel that they can get through week 1 without players that are available who they're interested in picking up is that they'll hold off on signing them until AFTER week 1. Unless teams are desperate enough and willing to risk being on the hook for a given player's salary for the whole year, we probably won't see as many of the veteran name players picked up right away as we may expect.

In the case of the Giants, it would be better for them capwise to wait and sign the Donald Lees and the Will Allens out there the day following the first game against Washington. The Giants would have no dead money count against their salary cap if they cut these players later in the season after signing them since their would be categorized as being week-to-week rather than counting against the cap for the whole year. Just keep this in mind in case the Giants or other teams don't make moves that you think they should be making, or that seem obvious. Rosters won't be complete until the first or second day after each team's first game."

Nelson would be another solid option. Probably one of the best options.

Signing Donald Lee wouldn't help us at all. Ballard and Pascoe are about on the same level (or even above that level) as Donald Lee. He's not a pass catching tight end. He's a mediocre at best blocking tight end with SOME talent as a receiver. He's Howard Cross-Light.

I would seriously question Jerry Reese if he thought it fit to sign Donald Lee, a carbon copy of what we already have. The man didn't even play in 2010 or 2011.....give me some of the shit some of you guys are smoking.

I agree on Lee, he has been released by two teams in the past six months. Nelson would be solid, Gailey does not use a TE, Nelson was also in his doghouse and never really got a chance. He is only 25 too, bring him in.