SportsWrath

Which cut players do you think would be a good fit?

Sephiroth

eagals cut Donald Lee (TE)

not a world beater but a huge upgrade over what is here

Certainly worth kicking the tires. He turned 31 4 days ago so he's getting a little long in the tooth, but he played with Green Bay for 4 years and can catch a ball across the middle. Don't know much about him as a blocker.

San Fran cut TE Konrad Reuland (an UDFA out of Stanford) and the book on him is, " he drew comparisons to Jay Novacek in training camp for his receiving skills, but he can't block a lick". The 49'rs are hoping he doesn't get picked up and want him on the practice squad to develop.

I hear you, but Harris has looked poor of late and our starting DTs are set in stone.

I dunno, Osi. Canty is your starter day 1....but who's got that position next to him? Bernard or Joseph? Neither are stellar. Joseph has proved nothing in his short career, which isn't to say that he can't. I will always think Rocky Bernard is garbage even if he makes the Pro Bowl this year..... lol.

Tommie Harris is twice the player Jimmy Kennedy is, at the least. He's worth bringing in just for the fact that he's better than most of our second string......and he's not going to command a lot of money...he's been cut twice this year (Bears and Dolphins, which is also a warning sign, I guess).....

I just don't see how you could pass up first round talent, and a player that has succeeded as a starter for several years. Hell, Tommie Harris was the best DT in the league 3 -4years ago.....

I dunno, Osi. Canty is your starter day 1....but who's got that position next to him? Bernard or Joseph? Neither are stellar. Joseph has proved nothing in his short career, which isn't to say that he can't. I will always think Rocky Bernard is garbage even if he makes the Pro Bowl this year..... lol.

Tommie Harris is twice the player Jimmy Kennedy is, at the least. He's worth bringing in just for the fact that he's better than most of our second string......and he's not going to command a lot of money...he's been cut twice this year (Bears and Dolphins, which is also a warning sign, I guess).....

I just don't see how you could pass up first round talent, and a player that has succeeded as a starter for several years. Hell, Tommie Harris was the best DT in the league 3 -4years ago.....

I hear your point and I guess it wouldn't hurt, although I wouldn't have called him " the beat dt in the league 3-4 years ago" I'd give that to

Kevin Williams or maybe Fat Albert. If were talking pass rushing DT 3-4 years ago then yea I'd say he was the best.

Hes not old either, so it really is a mystery as to why he's fallen off ao

Bad.

I'd give him a vet minimum deal no doubt I suppose if he were to check out physically.

Linval is the real deal though.

Will Allen is a guy I'd look at since it obviously addresses a position of need and I also think Allens speed would be a nice fit for us and Fewell. He's 33 but we know the guy could run, cover, tackle a little, but couldnt catch a football to save the world.

I honestly want Pascoe

Off the team after getting butch slapped by Pat 3rd teamers.

Get me ANY TE.

I hear your point and I guess it wouldn't hurt, although I wouldn't have called him " the beat dt in the league 3-4 years ago" I'd give that to

Kevin Williams or maybe Fat Albert. If were talking pass rushing DT 3-4 years ago then yea I'd say he was the best.

Hes not old either, so it really is a mystery as to why he's fallen off ao

Bad.

I'd give him a vet minimum deal no doubt I suppose if he were to check out physically.

Linval is the real deal though.

Will Allen is a guy I'd look at since it obviously addresses a position of need and I also think Allens speed would be a nice fit for us and Fewell. He's 33 but we know the guy could run, cover, tackle a little, but couldnt catch a football to save the world.

I honestly want Pascoe

Off the team after getting butch slapped by Pat 3rd teamers.

Get me ANY TE.

Check out his 2007 stats in 13 games, man. He definitely had a better season than the Williams or Haynesworth....he had like 8 sacks from DT in 13 games.....I think he's been getting a bad rep because he also had a knee injury that knocked him out in 2008....

At this point, there's no drop off in talent between Will Allen and Brian Williams.

Yes and Howard Cross would have started ahead of every TE currently on our roster.

We don't have a single TE that can function as an adequate in line blocker.

But we need a tight end that can and go over the middle and actually provide an option in the passing game....

But we need a tight end that can and go over the middle and actually provide an option in the passing game....

I Agree.

But given the choice between a TE who can Block and a TE who can't block or catch, I would upgrade to the dude who can block.

Our TE situation right now is really bad. If we can drop Beckum for someone who can block we could move up to being just plain bad.

I Agree.

But given the choice between a TE who can Block and a TE who can't block or catch, I would upgrade to the dude who can block.

Our TE situation right now is really bad. If we can drop Beckum for someone who can block we could move up to being just plain bad.

TRAVIS BECKUM