SportsWrath

The Cut List (update as necessary)

BleedinBlue

I really don't get the Rosenfels move - from player or team perspective. The guy is 33, basically an 11 year journeyman. Why would the Giants want to stash him away for a year? And they wouldn't do that to an 11 year vet unless he was cool with the idea and you have to wonder why he'd agree to that when he could be an active backup for any number of teams. He must really like the organization and the north Jersey area.

That said, maybe he has an injury we don't know about. Because as Tree said, IR - give up the season before it starts - for strep? I don't get it.

Dude.

He gets paid no matter what on IR. And he doesn't have to do jackshit. That's win-win. At least for Rosenfels.

For the Giants, I agree, it makes zero sense.

Dude.

He gets paid no matter what on IR. And he doesn't have to do jackshit. That's win-win. At least for Rosenfels.

For the Giants, I agree, it makes zero sense.

Yeah, I get that.....but does his full salary counts against the cap? They're really THAT sure they want/need him next year?

Do IR'd players count against the cap? I didn't think they did or you'd never be able to field a full team after 3-4 starters go down. I don't see the sense in keeping him in any case.

I'm not sure. I believe the cap is against the sum of the salaries of the top 51 players. Chances are that if a stud type (Osi, Tuck, Eli) went on IR, their replacement would already be on the team and a minimum type salary player from the PS would step up to the big boy team. I believe the last 5 or 6 players on the 53 man team are probably at NFL min.

Don't really know because even Google can't find the exact rules and guidelines for the NFL cap. It's like it's a big secret that only the owners can know.