SportsWrath

The Cut List (update as necessary)

BleedinBlue

transfer the list to this page:

1. DE Ayanga Okpokowuruk, the NY Daily News reported

2. OL Ike Ndukwe, the Star-Ledger reported

3. OL Jim Cordle, the NY Daily News reported

4. WR/KR Darius Reynaud, the NY Daily News reported

5. K Rhys Lloyd, via his Twitter account (meaning, as Lawrewnce Tynes told reporters yesterday, he will be ready for the opener Sept. 11 vs. the Redskins)

6. S Jerrard Tarrant, via his Twitter account

7. LB Adrian Tracy, the Star-Ledger reported

8. DE Craig Marshall, the Star-Ledger reported

9.TE Christian Hopkins, the NY Daily News reported

10.DT Gave Watson, according to Aaron Wilson, who covers the Ravens for the Carroll County Times, Annapolis Capital and NFL for FOX Sports/Scout.com

11.DE Alex Hall, the Star-Ledger reported

12.TE Daniel Coats, the NY Daily News reported

13. P Matt Dodge, via Tweet from Steve Weatherford’s agent (edit: Dodge lost the punting competition, but the Giants are shopping him for a trade. He may not get officially cut) ((Weatherford’s agent tweeted that his client has made Giants roster)

14. RB Charles Scott, the NY Daily News reported

15. DE Justin Trattou, the NY Daily News reported (he could end up on the practice squad

16. S David Sims, the Star-Ledger reported

17. DT Ibrahim Abdulai, the Star-Ledger reported

18.CB/S Brian Jackson, (put on Injured Reserve) the Star-Ledger reported

19. DT Dwayne Hendricks, the Star-Ledger reported

20. RB Andre Brown, the Star-Ledger reported

21. DB Joe Burnett, Lughead reported

22. QB Ryan Perrilloux,

23. T Jamon Meredith,

24. T Jarriel King,

25. WR Michael Clayton,

26. C Chris White

27. LB Phillip Dillard

(6 cuts to go)

I think Dallas should cut Witten, then Garrett can go to his dream Chan Gailey offense. Three catching RB set.

That'll be the day. Without Witten, Romo would be the worst rated QB in the NFL. Witten bails out Romo time after time and more than once, has single handedly beat the Giants.

Witten IS key to their offense and Ware is key to their defense.

DE Ayanga Okpokowuruk, the NY Daily News reported

this really upset me... i was hoping for this guy to be a monster because of his cool name.. rocking a jersey with his name on the back.. just think about it.. a name starts with " O.K " and "Poko".. damn..

I know i'll get flame for this. but if you give Matt Dodge enough time to play, i think he'll be a great punter... too bad.

I thought the Giants and Jets got an extension because they played 2 games in 4 days due to Irene. Not sure of how long an extension, but it's later that 6:00pm.

The list is now complete....scroll up to the updated list. Dodge is either cut or being traded or something. That's the only loose end as I see it.

Mike Garafolo:

LB Phillip Dillard, the team's fourth-round pick last year, was waived. Good call to those of you who projected that

Seriously, who DIDN'T predict that one. The guy looked awful and his scouting report sucked. The guy probably would have went undrafted but we inexplicably drafted him in the 4th. :rolleyes:

I really don't get the Rosenfels move - from player or team perspective. The guy is 33, basically an 11 year journeyman. Why would the Giants want to stash him away for a year? And they wouldn't do that to an 11 year vet unless he was cool with the idea and you have to wonder why he'd agree to that when he could be an active backup for any number of teams. He must really like the organization and the north Jersey area.

That said, maybe he has an injury we don't know about. Because as Tree said, IR - give up the season before it starts - for strep? I don't get it.