SportsWrath

Cut Down Day

hlb37

Some early roster moves:

The Giants waived four players: CB Darnell Burks, DT Ibrahim Abdulai, G Brant Clouser and WR Todd Watkins. They also put LB Clint Sintim (knee) on injured reserve. As feared Sintim's right knee injury was the worst possible scenario: Torn ACL in addition to ruptured patella tendon.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/young_linebacker_awaiting_word_on_jQkbOuvkXq81NtxNB9m1JJ#ixzz1Wstn7BLk

Twill be a sad day for many.

I think a surprise cut today will be Bear Pascoe. He's not shown much in pre-season....almost as if he wasn't there. Also, I think the Giants will likely sign a TE after seeing what shakes out in the cuts and will need the room, so that is also why I think Bear may have played his last game in blue. I like Bear....he just needed to really step up and impress like last year if he wanted to go on. Of course, this is just a hunch - I could be completely out to lunch. Holy crap....I'm a poet and didn't even realize it.

Most interesting will be to find out which kickers we decide to keep.

They need Bear. He plays fullback AND tight end, and he's a blocker. If there's a surprise cut at TE, it will be Jake Ballard, but I'm guessing he's safe. I'm hoping for a trade of Rosenfels today.

Agreed. I would put Travis Beckum last in this group. He is utterly useless as an inline blocker, his route running sucks and he can't catch. Oh and he sucks on special teams too.

Agreed. I would put Travis Beckum last in this group. He is utterly useless as an inline blocker, his route running sucks and he can't catch. Oh and he sucks on special teams too.

...he can't tie his own shoes, he chews with his mouth open and he always leaves piss on the toilet seat!

This could get interesting as the Giants really need a decent TE and have a surplus in QB, RB's and kickers.

Some low-level trades could be coming today

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2011, 9:19 AM EDT

As teams continue to move from 80 to 53 players, one dynamic that possibly will play out entails trades of bottom-of-the-roster players for other bottom-of-the-roster players, or possibly low-round draft picks.

A league source with knowledge of the way the wind is blowing explains that teams with a surplus of talent at certain positions will try to move the players before cutting them.

It’s not an unprecedented phenomenon, but the upside-down nature of the 2011 offseason/preseason has left some teams with greater needs than usual at certain positions, making them more willing to make a deal than to roll the dice and wait for the opportunity to scan the waiver wire.

Twill be a sad day for many.

I think a surprise cut today will be Bear Pascoe. He's not shown much in pre-season....almost as if he wasn't there. Also, I think the Giants will likely sign a TE after seeing what shakes out in the cuts and will need the room, so that is also why I think Bear may have played his last game in blue. I like Bear....he just needed to really step up and impress like last year if he wanted to go on. Of course, this is just a hunch - I could be completely out to lunch. Holy crap....I'm a poet and didn't even realize it.

Most interesting will be to find out which kickers we decide to keep.

Rhys cut

1. LB/DE Adrian Tracy

2. OL Jim Cordle

3. OL Ike Ndukw

4. DE Ayanga Okpokowuruk

5. DE Craig Marshall

6. WR Darius Reynaud

7. S Jarrard Tarrant

8. K Rhys Lloyd

9. TE Christian Hopkins

10. DT Gabe Watson

11. DE Alex Hall

Note: 27 cuts need to be made to get to 53.