SportsWrath

The Idiotic Twitter Messages During the Game

Zelmo

Outside of Jernigan not being able to catch the ball and Eli's head-scratchers, this annoyed me the most about last night's game.

I mean seriously??? Why the heck is a chunk of my screen being taken up by completely pointless tweets from what seems like 16 year old girls? I think the whole idea is stupid, I think it'd be salvageable if they got someone knowledgeable and fascinating, like Jon Gruden, to tweet in. That would be salavageable, and still stupid and unnecessary. But random tweets from people saying the most dumb and generic things? Seriously who thought this up?

(I'm not sure if this is in the wrong forum, if it is my bad.)

-Z

Outside of Jernigan not being able to catch the ball and Eli's head-scratchers, this annoyed me the most about last night's game.

I mean seriously??? Why the heck is a chunk of my screen being taken up by completely pointless tweets from what seems like 16 year old girls? I think the whole idea is stupid, I think it'd be salvageable if they got someone knowledgeable and fascinating, like Jon Gruden, to tweet in. That would be salavageable, and still stupid and unnecessary. But random tweets from people saying the most dumb and generic things? Seriously who thought this up?

-Z

Not even... I want to see the game.. I don't want a chunk of my screen taken out because some jerk wants to voice his opinion... Gruden can be an announcer... I could hear him.. I don't have to lose a chunk of my screen for some bs.

-Z

I thought I was the only one that noticed that last night. Apparantly not. We are definitely on the same page. I get sick of the stupid crawlers across the bottom as well. I'm trying to watch a game, not keep track of everything going on in the world. If there's another 9/11 or an assassination of a political heavy weight.....sure. But I don't give a crap about the Dodgers getting beat by the Padres or a trial going on in Chicago. And the dumb ass tweets were as stupid as anything I've seen to impede my view of the game. Really, really irritating.

A lot of irritating things about Football nowadays.

1. Those stupid sideline reporters that give interviews while a games going on. For some reason they are all woman as well. Don't get what the reasoning is.

2. Celebrities in the broadcasting booth pitching their movie's or whatever and giving horrible insights into the game. I remember one Philly/Redskins game where they had Charles Barkley up there for something like 2 whole quarters. He talked about basketball and really bad football observations. Everything but the game that was being played.

3. Putting crap up on the screen while plays are going on and making the play really small so you can barely see it.

4. Too much statistics crap on the screen during the game. Hopefully they'll do that as a separate feed at some point so you can choose what to see and what not to see on the screen. Seems completely possible.

The game doesn't need stupid crap to draw in viewers. The game sells itself.