SportsWrath

Official LaVar Arrington Thread ... 4/21/06

jerseygiantfan

What I want to know is why you guys even respond to them at this point, They were garbage at GMB, And they followed us here.

Granted some of there post are humerous in the same way as watching a retard eat paste but still.

OMG, thats a hilarious mental image, a retard eating pasta. :LMAO:

Just wait for the "EA and the Giants FO have offically lost it. The Fab 4 have been instructing GMs and those GMs have made fabulous signings and draft choices, all because of the Fab 4's help. Clearly, EA needs to be replaced and the Fab 4 needs to train the Giants GM" post.

You know it's coming.

ADDED

they will have to go to BBI and/or Giant 101 to get their NFL and Giant knowledge - they have none of their own.

I'll start - Hey, how about Gimpy Arrington again being told to hit the road by the Giants - EA is beginning to make the right decisions finally.

Quite the opposite..........the signing of Short will finally put an end to the nonsense about Lavar.

how quickly the tunes change after the FAB 4 brought you the "skinny" on this entire circus ordeal weeks, possibly months ago, that Lavar would not sign here in NY, still the ignorant refused to accept this and thought of every avenue to prove that he would...

do yourself a favor from here on in and save yourself alot of drama...listen to the FAB 4

I can hear Lavar now in Green Bay stating how much he would love to play in the midwest and profess his love of cheese - I hope LemmingsLad saves this post!
(Its funny cause I did)

as usual a FAB 4 memeber right on the mark - Arrington isn't and will never be a Giant - why is this post in the Giant section?

we as the FAB 4 are here to bring reality and levity to each and every situation...for some reason, the ignoramous continue to post "news" and "updates" concerning this soon to be criminal as if it is relevant to the NYG's of 2006...

let me repeat by saying, Arrington will not be a NYG

Just saw Lavar on ESPN - he says he likes Green Bay, he likes Brett Favre, he likes the Packers - you dummies seea pattern yet? Luckily for you, the FAB 4 was here weeks ago telling you of his subtefuge. Most of you disagreed, and were wrong to do so!

EDIT

The Giants aren't interested in any player who wears number 56.

I am not defending the fab 4 here, but why does their opinion that this team does not need Arrington warrant such comments as them being "frauds". There is reasonable rationale thinking and valid points as to why someone might not want Arrington on the Giants. I find myself going back and forth on the subject myself.

Arthur Staple

The Giants and LaVar Arrington have been in serious contract discussions for the past 24 hours and are very close to completing a deal, according to a person with knowledge of the talks. Arrington could be a Giant in a matter of hours.

Arrington, 27, made his second visit to the New York area on Thursday to take a physical, something he declined to do when he visited March 11. There had been only an exchange of proposals a month ago and the Giants were not interested in meeting Arrington's price -- reportedly he asked for $18 million in guaranteed money, close to $18.5 million that linebacker Julian Peterson got from the Seattle Seahawks in a seven-year, $54-million deal last month.

But Arrington found no other takers around the league and agreed to the physical, which he passed. His agents, Kevin and Carl Poston, opened further talks with the Giants on Thursday night and they went into Friday evening.

The Washington Redskins selected Arrington, who atteneded Penn State, with the second overall pick in 2000, He has had injuries and clashes with the coaching staff, however, during the last two seasons.

Subscribe to Newsday home delivery | Article licensing and reprint options

I think we will get him...but I'm yet to believe it will be worth it, or work out in the end... EA needs to think long about this

He's been thinking about it for over a month. I trust him and the coaching staff and now that we have a WILL (if he signs), it gives us some great flexibility in the draft.

Guest Nutty Sack
What I want to know is why you guys even respond to them at this point, They were garbage at GMB, And they followed us here.

Granted some of there post are humerous in the same way as watching a retard eat paste but still.

Look at this !! An individual obviously mentally challenged who's reputation is one of a leper from many a board including himself in a group............."followed us". Ha !!! From what I've read over the years you are about as welcome as a case of hershey squirts with no facility within 60 miles,

Guest Carbo

Would you fools stop the insanity! Lavar Arrington is not a Giant, nor will he be a Giant. As lost ands stunned as EA has been since the Manning debacle, even he realizes that Arrington is just another over-hyped name. And in this case, an over-hyped name with a bum wheel and a bad attitude, to boot.

Lavar Arrington is not a Giant, nor will he be a Giant.

Would you fools stop the insanity! Lavar Arrington is not a Giant, nor will he be a Giant. As lost ands stunned as EA has been since the Manning debacle, even he realizes that Arrington is just another over-hyped name. And in this case, an over-hyped name with a bum wheel and a bad attitude, to boot.

:LMAO:

I never understodd why they even considered him, they should be able to draft AJ Hawk.

Good point, but landing Arrington would allow them to target Mario Williams (which would involve moving up a spot or two).

It's official ...

This is an Exclusive Email for Draft Insiders.com fans. It will be an exclusive service to full subscribers of Draft Insiders.com thru the NFL Draft ‘06.

Draft Insiders.com has learned today that the Giants signed former Washington Redskin linebacker Lavar Arrington to a long term contract. The contract was sent to the NFL league office Friday for approval before an official announcement is made by the club. The official announcement may wait until Monday before the media reports it, but Arrington will play for the G Men after signing a long term deal. Arrington was back in New Jersey on Thursday for a physical that cleared him to sign with the G Men. It was Arrington’s second visit with the Giants after previously speaking to them in early March. The Giants had balked after the initial interview when Arrington refused to take a physical with concerns about the condition of his surgically repaired right knee. With the physical on Thursday, Arrington eliminated any health concerns the Giants had over a long term deal. Arrington wanted to sign a contract before the NFL Draft ‘06 next weekend. He had limited options other than the Giants with only the Packers and possibly the Dolphins interested at this time. The terms of the contract will not be announced until the league approves it but it is not the asking price of seven years, $54 million dollar deal with an eight figure signing bonus. With the Giants, he is re-united with former Redskins teammate Antonio Pierce and former Penn St teammate Brandon Short who resigned with the Giants earlier this week. Short signed only a one year deal and was originally drafted by the Giants but spent the past two seasons with the Panthers. The Giants hold the 25th pick in the ‘06 draft and can address several needs with the OLB position now at their highest priority.

Arrington’s agent is the same agent as linebacker Julian Peterson's agent, Kevin Poston who had signed a seven-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks in March. He played his entire career with the San Fran 49ers.

DraftInsiders.com “The Publication NFL Scouts Buy”

“ The Leader in NFL and College Scouting”

April 22, 2006 -- News that the Giants were closing in on a deal with LaVar Arrington was music to the ears of Antonio Pierce.

"I know the impact he can have on our team as far as the attitude, the kind of player he is, and he's got a chip on his shoulder now," Pierce, the Giants middle linebacker and former teammate of Arrington with the Redskins, told The Post yesterday.

"Right now a lot of people are dogging him and kind of questioning his ability. With a guy with that kind of athletic supremacy, and he puts that attitude with it, it's a dangerous guy."

Pierce helped sell Arrington on the Giants and also tried to sell the Giants on Arrington.

"From day one I just tried to give them my insight on him, his personality, and let them know he's not the type of person he's being portrayed as," Pierce said.

As for Arrington's addition to the Giants, Pierce said, "We just got a lot better." LA's good friend saying the Giants got better...Yeah its official LA is A GIANT!!!! Your contacts are wrong once again :rock:

I am not defending the fab 4 here, but why does their opinion that this team does not need Arrington warrant such comments as them being "frauds". There is reasonable rationale thinking and valid points as to why someone might not want Arrington on the Giants. I find myself going back and forth on the subject myself.

Well they say they have the ear of the FO....They said the Giants dont want LA and that he wasnt even in thier sights....Once again we have proven they have no Contacts and they do nothing but lie and make shit up :rock: