SportsWrath

Next up: Idiot Bowl

JMFP

This game features the Giants a team that doesn't have the intelligence to understand what "preseason" means, against a team that doesn't have the intelligence to understand what "preseason" means.

Wish we could just forfeit this.

Fixed it for you, Joe. :angry:

Fixed it for you, Joe. :angry:

Sad but true.

Having T2 coming in on a blitz, Witherspoon returning punts.......big difference between working players into footbally shape and placing players in dumb situations.

I blame the lockout for alot of this, too. Fucking owners are to blame for alot of the rust involved. Should have just scrapped preseason in favor of conditioning drills and scrimmages.

I cannot fathom why the Giants play these inbreds every frickin preseason. it's the stepchildrens SuperBowl every year and we always get injuries out of it. honestly, i'd rather see the Giants forfeit the game and play a 2 hand touch intra squad scrimmage.

I cannot fathom why the Giants play these inbreds every frickin preseason. it's the stepchildrens SuperBowl every year and we always get injuries out of it. honestly, i'd rather see the Giants forfeit the game and play a 2 hand touch intra squad scrimmage.

With the luck the Giants have, Eli will tear every muscle in his shoulder, Bradshaw will tear both knee ligaments and Tuck will break something in a touch game.

Sad but true.

Having T2 coming in on a blitz, Witherspoon returning punts.......big difference between working players into footbally shape and placing players in dumb situations.

I blame the lockout for alot of this, too. Fucking owners are to blame for alot of the rust involved. Should have just scrapped preseason in favor of conditioning drills and scrimmages.

the dog thinks preseason presents with so many issues for coaches...hard to judge the staff on these injuries. priority one is coming out of it healthy, but it also goes beyond getting guys in playing shape. most coaches want to use the time to assess personnel and schemes in game situations. the dog didn't see any of the game and not sure what the scenarios were, but it is possible they wanted to see a scheme and personnel in that specific scenario which is why Thomas was in and blitzing at that point. that would be the dog's guess anyway. not sure it is the right move or not, but coaches do have a job to do and do need to see things in live action outside of simulated practice scenarios to get a good feel for things. given the way the preseason has gone for the giants to date, they may be best to call it quits on the preseason games and just send the practice squad in at this point...

I think there's more pressure on coaches from owners, and probably the NFL, to play their stars than people realise too. They're not giving preseason tickets away and they want butts on seats. I don't think it's coincidence that all the teams seem to play their starters for the same length of time each week (2-3 series week 1, full half week 2...)

Coughlin should just play the starters for 15 min........we'll beat these blow hards with our scrubs

we have nothing to prove.......we clobbered the Bears for no reason at all and lost 3 good players

we are already in mid season form and the skins give us a 5th pre-season type game

slap them around for 1 Qtr and take a seat

Bellicheck never plays any starters in pre season game 4 for good reason <_<

You really can't blame coaches for this situation. No offseason training, and the new contract practically halves the amount of practice time players have even in camp. When exactly are these vets supposed to get into any sort of game shape?

The effect on rookies is obvious. But it's going to be just as difficult in different ways for vets. The support crew of young players rotating in and out isn't going to be nearly as effective this season as it usually is; which means that starters are probably going to see more plays than they do in more normal seasons.

Get ready. This season is going to be sloppy as hell on the field, and we damn sure haven't seen the last of injuries this season. This is going to be a season of attrition.

then you should take that up with Mr Bellicheck...he really mimimizes the starters in pre season

We need to sit our regulars

our early season schedule is not tough at all

most of these early teams we will crush

the Jets have vowed to play their starters into the 4th qtr .............what fnnnnn idiots

then you should take that up with Mr Bellicheck...he really mimimizes the starters in pre season

We need to sit our regulars

our early season schedule is not tough at all

most of these early teams we will crush

the Jets have vowed to play their starters into the 4th qtr .............what fnnnnn idiots

And in recent years, the Pats had season ending injuries to two of their best offensive players. Just early in the regular season, not preseason. Was that better?

You're proposing that we go into the season with little work because our schedule is light--first off, how do you know that for sure, since year to year records aren't really an indicator anymore; and even if it were, you guys would be having a stroke if we played to their level. Besides, Washington usually plays well early on and fades--not really much help for us.

I have no doubt that one of the jets will try and injure one of our players.

Just like last year, how the FUCK was Calvin Pace not fined for that bullshit hit on Manning?

I don't know man.. sounds like a pretty harsh accusation. I'm beginning to think the game should get canceled if Irene is anywhere near New York/New Jersey.