SportsWrath

Giants Starting LineBacker Question

Martin

It seems with the signing of Short, Lavar Arrington is off the radar

and with that Info wHo would you rather see starting with Pierce

Emmons or Tobor?

I am going to assume that the rookie LB we

draft Simms, Carpenter etc... will start.

Will the starting LB core look like this

Tobor Pierce rookie ?

or

Emmons Pierce rookie ?

backups Short Blackburn Griesen Tobor or Emmons

How do you see this playing out??? :confused:

I don't think Lavar is off the raidar just yet. Short is a SLB and I believe Lavar is a WLB. It's not as if Short is going to bankrupt us of being able to sign him... possibly another smokescreen to get him to lower his price, who the hell knows? Just don't count us out of the lavar running just yet.

Guest Lockhart
I don't think Lavar is off the raidar just yet. Short is a SLB and I believe Lavar is a WLB. It's not as if Short is going to bankrupt us of being able to sign him... possibly another smokescreen to get him to lower his price, who the hell knows? Just don't count us out of the lavar running just yet.

Yeah he is - he was off the Giants radar weeks ago but now its official - Short will start along with Emmons with Torbor, and the new rookie coming in to spell them.

well it just seems that griesen was gonna sign back with us.

We have blackburn and Short as backups and even Tobor or

Emmons would be a back up

that's 4 LB backups ! if we were to get arrington that would be 5 backups.

Did we carry 5 backups last year? If so than arrington is still a possibility

Maybe there not gonna re-sign Griesen.

Wonder whats gonna happen here! :confused:

well it just seems that griesen was gonna sign back with us.

We have blackburn and Short as backups and even Tobor or

Emmons would be a back up

that's 4 LB backups ! if we were to get arrington that would be 5 backups.

Did we carry 5 backups last year? If so than arrington is still a possibility

Maybe there not gonna re-sign Griesen.

Wonder whats gonna happen here! :confused:

Don't be surprised if there if a post-training camp cut or practice squad placement in the midst somewhere here.. it could very well be Short.

I think we might be foreshadowing converting to more of a 3-4 defense.

Think about it, getting rid of our tackles and signing lbers for depth.

It could look like this.:

Stahan Osi and Tuck at the ends. Fred Robbins and Joseph battling for the starting spot. I say Robbins because he is a bigger body, but if we are going to switch in the future we should use our #1 pick to draft a bigger DT.

The coaches rly like what Eric Moore can do and could fit in perfectly to that OLB spot in a 3-4. The other OLB's would be Torbor, Short, and Emmons.

Then our inside guys would be Pierce and have Blackburn and Griesen fight for the other spot. Looks like grieson is coming back to us.

This is very interesting :TU:

Yeah he is - he was off the Giants radar weeks ago but now its official - Short will start along with Emmons with Torbor, and the new rookie coming in to spell them.

Yes, because signing a SLB means a WLB won't be signed.

One word: No.

Why not? Open your eyes.

Didn't Tim Lewis say last year that he was going to start mixing it up.

I'm not saying full time 3-4. Just gradually mixing it in through the season and maybe it would be full time within 1-2 years.

It's proven to work and is what's been winning championships the past couple years. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers(I think) have all succesfully used it.

Why not? Open your eyes.

Didn't Tim Lewis say last year that he was going to start mixing it up.

I'm not saying full time 3-4. Just gradually mixing it in through the season and maybe it would be full time within 1-2 years.

It's proven to work and is what's been winning championships the past couple years. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers(I think) have all succesfully used it.

Yeah, maybe in a few years. Not this year.

I also think Strahan and Osi would be less effective in a 3-4.

We will continue to use the same D. We are not switching to a base 3-4, Osi and Strahan would both be less effective. Why do that to your best players on D?

We use the 4-3 defense with some 3-4 blitzing schemes and variations, nothing will change.

Its still to early to tell with the Linebackers. Signing Short could mean Emmons is a goner now or after camp. Or it could mean Blackburn has just been upgraded over. What we are going to do is still very unclear.

We will continue to use the same D. We are not switching to a base 3-4, Osi and Strahan would both be less effective. Why do that to your best players on D?

We use the 4-3 defense with some 3-4 blitzing schemes and variations, nothing will change.

Its still to early to tell with the Linebackers. Signing Short could mean Emmons is a goner now or after camp. Or it could mean Blackburn has just been upgraded over. What we are going to do is still very unclear.

Yes ! a 3 - 4 D the Giants are not!!! We dont even have a NT and OSI and Stray dont fit the bill.

Its very frustrating about the LB situation right now.

I think we might be foreshadowing converting to more of a 3-4 defense.

Think about it, getting rid of our tackles and signing lbers for depth.

It could look like this.:

Stahan Osi and Tuck at the ends. Fred Robbins and Joseph battling for the starting spot. I say Robbins because he is a bigger body, but if we are going to switch in the future we should use our #1 pick to draft a bigger DT.

The coaches rly like what Eric Moore can do and could fit in perfectly to that OLB spot in a 3-4. The other OLB's would be Torbor, Short, and Emmons.

Then our inside guys would be Pierce and have Blackburn and Griesen fight for the other spot. Looks like grieson is coming back to us.

This is very interesting :TU:

Not moving to a 3-4. Not any time soon.

Strahan, Osi, and Tuck are bad fits in a 3-4. You want to accentuate the talents of your best players, not compromise them. I think you are reading too much into signing a 29-year-old back-up LB...

Guest Nutty Sack

Emmons will be a training camp cut,,,,,a mistake from the outset you cut your losses a bit late however ,never panned out......we sign Greisen and draft Bobby Carpenter.

Case closed.

Emmons will be a training camp cut,,,,,a mistake from the outset you cut your losses a bit late however ,never panned out......we sign Greisen and draft Bobby Carpenter.

Case closed.

I hope emmons is cut too! LB's should never be 6' 5 " anyhow. :)

It seems the Eagles garbage is garbage.

Every time we grab one of their ex players its a mistake!

the eagle seem to know when to get rid of players.

Lets make a pack right now nutty between me and you.

The Giants should never take any eagles ex player that is close

to 30 years old. never !!

whoops, Wrong again.

It's like watching a retard figure out astrophysics.

do you ever get tired of being wrong

Guest nosebleed

I believe Wiggie is looking at another signee, it has come down to Johnnie Cooks, Byron Hunt, Andy Headen, and Corey Miller...............According to Ernie, age is of no concern.