SportsWrath

Prince Akamakara

Sephiroth

The pronunciation is" uh-MOCK-ah-Mur-ah......almost rhymes with Umenyura.

If we stick with the BNA, I hope we grab Benjamin Ijalana in round 2 if he's still on the board. Some folks think Ijalana has the most upside of any offensive linemen in the draft. But coming from a D2 school hurts his stock a little.

I love the Amukamara pick. Everyone was shocked that he didn't go in the first 10 picks including himself. This means he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder that size of tree trunk to prove what a mistake it was to let him slip so far down the board. I hope anyway.

The pronunciation is" uh-MOCK-ah-Mur-ah......almost rhymes with Umenyura.

If we stick with the BNA, I hope we grab Benjamin Ijalana in round 2 if he's still on the board. Some folks think Ijalana has the most upside of any offensive linemen in the draft. But coming from a D2 school hurts his stock a little.

I love the Amukamara pick. Everyone was shocked that he didn't go in the first 10 picks including himself. This means he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder that size of tree trunk to prove what a mistake it was to let him slip so far down the board. I hope anyway.

I hope so as well, by everything I'm reading he was the second best CB in the league behind Peterson but only because Peterson is such a physical freak of nature not because he isnt technically as good.

The only thing I'm worried about is CB is one of those "boom or bust" positions. It's one of the trail by fire way of learning where you have to put your CB out there and hope he learns and improves, it's one of those positions you just cant coach as well as others. Webster is a good example of a guy who struggled mightily but then was able to get himself comfortable and the rest is history, I know myself I never gave up on him and defended him quite abit when people were ready to move on... I cant blame them though with his play leading up to his break threw.

I just hope Prince is trurly one of those CBs ready to jump in and face the fire of the NFL, sure he is going to give up some TDs and big plays but he's a rookie. I just hope he is ready to take those beatings and learn from them, CBs are an iffy position, just when you think you have a good one he turns out to be a bust.

laugh.gif

he's also a menacing looking dude. i can almost guarantee you he won't be helping any opponents up off the ground.

Yeah he reminds me of Revis or Cortland Finnegan. Finnegan is a great cover corner who's not afraid to go hit a receiver in his mouth. I can not believe how many people took Johnson's side last year, when he threw punches at Finnegan. Finnegan is supposed to get under a receivers skin, and A. Johnson pushes off on almost every play and gets away with it. In fact he pushed off on Brandon Flowers last year and it was Flowers who got the penalty. Anyways, I could see Amukamara getting under receivers skin, he will not be afraid to pop Desean Jackson in his mouth.

I hope so as well, by everything I'm reading he was the second best CB in the league behind Peterson but only because Peterson is such a physical freak of nature not because he isnt technically as good.

The only thing I'm worried about is CB is one of those "boom or bust" positions. It's one of the trail by fire way of learning where you have to put your CB out there and hope he learns and improves, it's one of those positions you just cant coach as well as others. Webster is a good example of a guy who struggled mightily but then was able to get himself comfortable and the rest is history, I know myself I never gave up on him and defended him quite abit when people were ready to move on... I cant blame them though with his play leading up to his break threw.

I just hope Prince is trurly one of those CBs ready to jump in and face the fire of the NFL, sure he is going to give up some TDs and big plays but he's a rookie. I just hope he is ready to take those beatings and learn from them, CBs are an iffy position, just when you think you have a good one he turns out to be a bust.

I think he'll jump right in and make a difference.....at least when playing man to man. The scoop on him is that he covers a reciever so well that QB's rarely throw in his direction. Now, if TC goes to zone coverage, the Prince will need a learning curve.

I'm surprised nobody has knocked it yet and wished we got someone else. Might be the first time in quite awhile.

I'm always silent since, unlike Jim and BigBlue05, I got a life :P... I never knock a pick because last I checked it's not my profession.. and like you I'm shocked no one seem to knock our 1st pick.. which means he'll be a bust :D

I'm always silent since, unlike Jim and BigBlue05, I got a life :P... I never knock a pick because last I checked it's not my profession.. and like you I'm shocked no one seem to knock our 1st pick.. which means he'll be a bust :D

coming up with blueprints to develop stealth hot air balloons, that you can crash into Jewish neighborhoods undetected, doesn't count has a life. :P It's not my profession either, maybe it should be. It is my relaxing activity after 40 hours of work and then 20 hours of school at least.

I'm pretty sure everyone was happy when we picked Nicks too.

Certainly last year's pick was controversial.

Some people wanted Britt ahead of Nicks, alot ofpeople liked that he was a local product. Thought he would be the better prospect. I wanted the Giants to trade up and get Bey that year, I have been wanting a speedy wideout for awhile (besides S.Moss or Brandon London). Anyways, I think we made the right decision with Nicks. I got my speedy wideout tonight. :freaked:

Gruden had an interesting comment about Prince.....broke down some tape showing contact 7 yards downfield, and pointed out it would be a flag in the NFL.

That will be an adjustment he'll need to make.

Gruden had an interesting comment about Prince.....broke down some tape showing contact 7 yards downfield, and pointed out it would be a flag in the NFL.

That will be an adjustment he'll need to make.

Gruden can go suck a cock. I hate that guy.

Gruden can go suck a cock. I hate that guy.

If he had the pick, has our head coach. We would of taken Andy Dalton. Then went and got Donovan McNabb,Matt Hasselback and Bruce Gradkowski in free agency. I am calling them the QB triumphant with Eli involved, I will start a different QB every game.