SportsWrath

I've never been less excited for the draft

JMFP

Seriously, this big "couldn't give a shit nimbus" cloud is over my head right now going into the draft.

I'll be out with my family on a camping trip this weekend, and couldn't care less about the NFL at this point.

1000% agreed with you Joe. I would normally have the TV on for the entire draft. Not this year. I normally would have throughly read numerous draft previews and mock drafts. I haven't looked at a single mock draft. Its even noticable on talk radio. There are next to no callers wanting to talk the draft. The only thing football related I will read is Peter Kings monday article just so I can read the KSK ripping of it later in the day and be aware of the context for all the quotes, and in this mornings column he said on his Saturday morning NFL show on Sirius with Bob Papa there were two callers on hold, that was it halfway through the show.

Well, I think I'm going the other direction. I'm very excited about the draft. I think it's because I still feel good about our team and want them to play again. But if there's no CBA done and any of the season is compromised, I will not spend another dime on NFL related shit. I'll be done.

Yeah, it was better then the NBA draft is gonna be. The NBA draft is filled with all european players and not very many college kids. It's gonna be the worst draft ever.

The only reason I know it happened is because there was a story on Deadspin on how pathetic the "green room" was. And based on the pictures....it was the cheapest conference room you could get at a Holiday Inn.

The only reason I know it happened is because there was a story on Deadspin on how pathetic the "green room" was. And based on the pictures....it was the cheapest conference room you could get at a Holiday Inn.

I am surprised it lasted this long. I have no problem with women playing pro ball though. Hell, that Maya Moore could be a NBA star. Maybe, that's how they should fix the NBA combine the two leagues and make it coed. It couldn't hurt to try, the NBA is all time bad right now.

I am surprised it lasted this long. I have no problem with women playing pro ball though. Hell, that Maya Moore could be a NBA star. Maybe, that's how they should fix the NBA combine the two leagues and make it coed. It couldn't hurt to try, the NBA is all time bad right now.

Well it was bleeding money for years. Only getting by because the NBA was subsidizing it. I think this past year was its first that it was in the black but that was with the NBA help.

My opinion is when people want to see professional sports they expect to see the best possible. And no WNBA team could beat an NBA team. And I believe that would be the same in any professional sport. Women trying to have professional leagues in sports that have male professional leagues will never work because you know watching the women play that it is inferior to the real product, a male version. There is a reason minor league baseball and development league basketball and hockey aren't a big deal anyone watching it knows there is something better out there. And I do not believe that is a sexist view it is the truth.

I mean what is the most famous woman beats man in a sport? Billie King vs. a guy who was WELL past his prime? Was that a fair example?

Seriously, this big "couldn't give a shit nimbus" cloud is over my head right now going into the draft.

I'll be out with my family on a camping trip this weekend, and couldn't care less about the NFL at this point.

I'm the same way. Usually, by the end of March, I'm reading every thing I can possibly read to make up my own mock draft and pick out kids I really want to see the Giants grab. A week before the draft I can hardly sleep. This year I just am not into it. I'll be switching over to see who the Giants pick, but I won't be on the edge of my seat with my breath held as usual. Probably the whole strike thing and lack of pre-draft moving of players through free agency or something. Maybe by Thursday the bug will hit me.

I'm more into the WNBA draft. I wanna see how soon Inna Vaginovic gets picked this year.

I like to be Inna Vaginovic.

Anyway women don't watch sports and men will only watch hot women sports like beach volleyball so all these leagues are non starters. It's unfortunate for female athletes but it is what it is. Only the pretty ones can make a career out of it.

I'm the same way. Usually, by the end of March, I'm reading every thing I can possibly read to make up my own mock draft and pick out kids I really want to see the Giants grab. A week before the draft I can hardly sleep. This year I just am not into it. I'll be switching over to see who the Giants pick, but I won't be on the edge of my seat with my breath held as usual. Probably the whole strike thing and lack of pre-draft moving of players through free agency or something. Maybe by Thursday the bug will hit me.

Me too....this labor dispute is just a huge turn off.