SportsWrath

Tiki Barber

Lughead

All I will say is if you let all the relatively harmless shit off the field cloud your view of Tiki the player and the effort he put in then you haven't a clue. His legacy as a Giant should be secure beyond doubt. Off the field issues have not dented Giants Fans views of LT, and LT's behaviour puts Tiki's crap in the shade.

i dont judge tiki for his marital issues, but i have never liked his personality. he has always come across as a self-serving phony. i rooted for him but he didn't come off as very likeable to me.

i dont judge tiki for his marital issues, but i have never liked his personality. he has always come across as a self-serving phony. i rooted for him but he didn't come off as very likeable to me.

People don't give a shit about his marital issues, they only care he mouthed off. And some of what he said had merit.

Mouthing off is fine if you're doing it for the right reasons. Doing it to kickstart your broadcasting career isn't one of them.

Anyone who thinks he criticized the team constructively was sadly misled.

Great player though.

Mouthing off is fine if you're doing it for the right reasons. Doing it to kickstart your broadcasting career isn't one of them.

Anyone who thinks he criticized the team constructively was sadly misled.

Great player though.

this sums up how i feel about him pretty well.

he also shouldn't have opened his mouth to the media about strahan's contract situation that one training camp imo.

he's a giants legend as far as im concerned but he doesn't have that likeability that a seubert, strahan or tuck have.

this sums up how i feel about him pretty well.

he also shouldn't have opened his mouth to the media about strahan's contract situation that one training camp imo.

he's a giants legend as far as im concerned but he doesn't have that likeability that a seubert, strahan or tuck have.

That is the scene where I checked off Me Me Barber as an asshole. You don't mouth off on a fellow players contract. Shit the reporters who got sprayed by Strahan's peanut butter sandwich should have called OSHA on Me Me for causing that hazardous waste exposure. Plus Strahan was right in the middle of divorcing his nutso wife as well. He is a self serving creep. Good ball player... but a creep none the less.

I have no problem with Tiki Barber, awesome running back, couldn't care less what he's said about Tom Coughlin. 20+ out of 32 coaches out coach him, so he and Shockey have had legitimate points.

I have no problem with Barber, even after he said things about the Giants.

He's a broadcaster he's suppose to give his opinion on teams, regardless of the team he previously played for. Most people complain when broadcasters have a bias towards their previous teams but in Barber's case they are complaining that he isnt praising the Giants.

All I will say is if you let all the relatively harmless shit off the field cloud your view of Tiki the player and the effort he put in then you haven't a clue. His legacy as a Giant should be secure beyond doubt. Off the field issues have not dented Giants Fans views of LT, and LT's behaviour puts Tiki's crap in the shade.

It's a good point.

I'll only say that while LT was certainly never a boy scout, he never dissed his teammates, coaches, etc.

But, like you said, if you look at the shit LT has pulled off the field, they blow away any sins that Tiki has committed.

tough to compare tiki to LT since one gave about 100x more to the fans on the field than the other and is a top 5 all-timer

isn't there a middle ground somewhere? like i want my giants hero to be loyal to the team but not go to sleezy motels with underage women. can't we have that?

take strahan for instance. he's critical of the team but constructively. and he talks about the present, not the past. he doesn't talk out of school as they say. and so far as i know, he hasn't been to sleezy hotels. (Jack may have more info on that)

strahan is pretty much everything i want a good player on my team to be. he's not a saint but he's not a.c. green either and he's funny and doesn't come across as a phony. he's on tv because he's naturally charismatic, not as some contrived gameplan that probably included some coaching lessons like with barber

strahan is pretty much everything i want a good player on my team to be. he's not a saint but he's not a.c. green either and he's funny and doesn't come across as a phony. he's on tv because he's naturally charismatic, not as some contrived gameplan that probably included some coaching lessons like with barber

Nice A.C. Green reference.

Agreed.

Agreed.