SportsWrath

Toomer

Lughead

Well it's nice to see Toomer catch himself before the media was able to get a hold of the quote.

The only thing I find funny, is that people still think Goodell has anything to do with the CBA talks. He's there as a rep of the NFL but has zero say on either side of the owners or the former players union.

I don't have a problem with anything he said.

Political Correctness really needs to die. Everybody uses the term Nazi or Gestapo all the time. One of the most popular characters in TV history is called the "Soup-Nazi"

Just another example of the media helping our Nazi-regime to keep it's citizens in line.

I don't have a problem with anything he said.

Political Correctness really needs to die. Everybody uses the term Nazi or Gestapo all the time. One of the most popular characters in TV history is called the "Soup-Nazi"

Just another example of the media helping our Nazi-regime to keep it's citizens in line.

So you agree with the comparison of Goddell and company to that of a Nazi-era Germany secret police force? And you would agree with comparing playing football to slave labor? Both are completely immature, incorrect, and ignorant. That's the problem. It has nothing to do with being politically correct so much as it has to do with being ignorant, greedy, and childish.

So you agree with the comparison of Goddell and company to that of a Nazi-era Germany secret police force? And you would agree with comparing playing football to slave labor? Both are completely immature, incorrect, and ignorant. That's the problem. It has nothing to do with being politically correct so much as it has to do with being ignorant, greedy, and childish.

The slave thing was fuckn ridiculous and i hope that it follows AP for the rest of his career. I have no problem with Goddell being called a "Gestapo."

The slave thing was fuckn ridiculous and i hope that it follows AP for the rest of his career. I have no problem with Goddell being called a "Gestapo."

I just think it's a little extreme....compare him to like Donald Trump or something....a ruthless boss (which he's not)....not a police force that swept away people in the dead of the night and committed countless atrocities.

I just think it's a little extreme....compare him to like Donald Trump or something....a ruthless boss (which he's not)....not a police force that swept away people in the dead of the night and committed countless atrocities.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean a literal comparison. In order to get your point across, you have to go to extremes in today's society.

Unless the person accused is actually illegaly detaining people and forcing innocent people to be tortured lay the fuck off the Gestapo allegations. If you have any idea what the Gestapo and the SS-SD did then you have no right accusing a fucking commissioner who is only carrying out the orders of the owners to being anything like either of those organizations. And if you don't know what the SS-SD is then you are just using the Gestapo identify because you have a false impression on how shit worked in Nazi Germany thanks to Hollywood no doubt.

As far as the CBA negotiations go Goodell is nothing more than the press secretary. It would be like hating on Obama's press secratary for something Obama did (please notice I did not take a topic I am not trying to turn this political).

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean a literal comparison. In order to get your point across, you have to go to extremes in today's society.

Going to an inaccurate extreme rather than explaining your position and actually making legitimate sense gets your point across better? :confused:

I'm just saying there's no accuracy in his comparison. It was pretty stupid and I've always thought Amani was an intelligent dude, too....