SportsWrath

Reports on Ryan Mallet

Allstarjim

Watching Path to the Draft, the rumor mill is swirling that the Redskins are very interested in taking Ryan Mallet at #10 overall. This is big news, not only does this push down other talented players a spot, it could also mean that other teams clamoring for a franchise QB could target Jake Locker in the first round. For me, if Mallet is first round material, so is Locker. After Washington's pick at 10, Minnesota at 12, Miami at 15, and Jacksonville at 16 all could be players for Locker, if they are not enthused at taking one of the remaining QB's that will be available in the 2nd round (Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick).

This would be a serendipitous scenario for the teams later in the draft not interested in a QB, like the Giants, as it would push more talent down the ladder.

Watching Path to the Draft, the rumor mill is swirling that the Redskins are very interested in taking Ryan Mallet at #10 overall. This is big news, not only does this push down other talented players a spot, it could also mean that other teams clamoring for a franchise QB could target Jake Locker in the first round. For me, if Mallet is first round material, so is Locker. After Washington's pick at 10, Minnesota at 12, Miami at 15, and Jacksonville at 16 all could be players for Locker, if they are not enthused at taking one of the remaining QB's that will be available in the 2nd round (Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick).

This would be a serendipitous scenario for the teams later in the draft not interested in a QB, like the Giants, as it would push more talent down the ladder.

wow, I was thinking Miami at 15 would take him. he has had two visits with them and they seemed to like him. It possible that 5 qb's are going first round. Newton,Gabbert, Mallett, Locker and Ponder.

wow, I was thinking Miami at 15 would take him. he has had two visits with them and they seemed to like him. It possible that 5 qb's are going first round. Newton,Gabbert, Mallett, Locker and Ponder.

Personally, I'm very skeptical of Ponder. I've watched a lot of him being a Florida State fan. I think he impressed at the combine, but in his games he floated a lot of balls, and his accuracy wasn't the greatest. I think he's overhyped and some may be falling in love with his scrambling ability, but right now I think he's 3 year project at best before he could maybe start in the NFL.

This is going to be a very interesting draft because of the lockout. I do think teams that are QB needy will be much more prone to reach up the draft to get their guy.

Personally, I'm very skeptical of Ponder. I've watched a lot of him being a Florida State fan. I think he impressed at the combine, but in his games he floated a lot of balls, and his accuracy wasn't the greatest. I think he's overhyped and some may be falling in love with his scrambling ability, but right now I think he's 3 year project at best before he could maybe start in the NFL.

This is going to be a very interesting draft because of the lockout. I do think teams that are QB needy will be much more prone to reach up the draft to get their guy.

Ponder is my fourth rated QB, I have Gabbert,Mallett,Newton,Ponder,Dalton. I am not high on Jake Locker. I wouldn't take him in the 6th round honestly.

The QB class is only slightly stronger than the RB class. Point being that one shouldn't be taken with the first 15 picks.

Don't see much out of any of them.

The RB class is actually really good. There's just so many to choose from, you don't need to take one in Rd 1.

The RB class is actually really good. There's just so many to choose from, you don't need to take one in Rd 1.

I do think we take Ingram. I think they want to return to running it the way we did in 2008. They want someone new in the backfield, and I think most Giants fans would be pretty excited with Ingram, and he would add some excitement. Honestly, I don't see where else we go, OT can wait, most of the OT's are plug and play guys and we don't need that, and why take an OT just to sit him, we have already been grooming Beatty. I don't see the DT's there at 19, not even Liuget. I have mixed feelings about Marvin Austin. I also have mixed feelings about Ingram, he would fit our system and he wants to be a Giant. I have feeling he gets 1500 yards for us,and is a consistent pro bowler. Also, he is one hell of a worker and that can't be denied. I have questioned his speed but he plays faster then he times. We will see Thursday night, I guess.