SportsWrath

NFL Schedules To Be Released Tomorrow

Mr. P

nfl has confirmed it.

there are rumors that giants/jets will be a season opener on 10th anniversary of 9/11.

As long as Jerome Bettis is there and he can tell us about how he is from Detroit and how he played in a Superbowl game in Detroit.

The Jets and Giants are both scheduled to play on Sept. 11, the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, but they will not be playing against each other.

Despite speculation that the NFL would open its season with a Giants-Jets game, the NFL has decided to honor the two cities attacked on Sept. 11, 2001 instead. The Daily News has learned that the Jets will open at home in primetime that day against the Dallas Cowboys. Meanwhile the Giants will be in Landover, Md. – not far from the attacks on the Pentagon – to play the Washington Redskins that afternoon.

The Giants and Jets will instead face each other on Christmas Eve. The Jets will be the home team in that game.

The Jets’ season-opening matchup will be an attractive one to NBC, since it puts Jets coach Rex Ryan against his twin brother, Rob Ryan, who is now the new defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys. The Jets will also be home in Week 2 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to sources, before taking a three-game road trip – to Oakland, Baltimore and New England.

The Jets have a bye week in Week 8, on Oct. 30. They will finish the season against the Miami Dolphins.

The Giants’ home opener will also be a prime-time affair, according to a league source. They will play host to the St. Louis Rams in Week 2 on Monday Night Football. It will be their first game against Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo, the Giants’ former defensive coordinator. They’ll play the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers on Dec. 4 and they’ll face the Dallas Cowboys twice in the final four weeks of the season, including in their season finale at the Meadowlands.

The Giants’ bye will fall in Week 7, Oct. 23.

The NFL is planning to release the full 16-game schedule tonight at 7 p.m. Of course the entire schedule is tentative, pending the resolution of their current labor war and the end of the lockout.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nflinsider/2011/04/jets-open-vs-boys-giants-open-in-dc-on-911

The NFL will release the 2011 schedule at 7 p.m. today, but below is a sneak peek at how the Giants' schedule will line up, minus some details I've yet to fill in.

The season will begin with a fitting game in Landover, Md., against the Redskins. It's fitting because it will be played to commemorate 10 years since the 9/11 attacks and, unlike the Giants-Jets game everyone imagined, it will pay tribute to those who lost their lives at the Pentagon that day. The game will kick off at 4:15 p.m.

Now, a look at the schedule, including a Merry matchup between the Giants and Jets on Christmas Eve:

Sept. 11 at Redskins, 4:15 p.m.

Good move by NFL to do what others often don't: remember D.C.'s role in 9/11.

Sept. 19 RAMS (MNF)

Steve Spagnuolo returns.

Sept. 25 at Eagles

Kick it out of bounds!

Oct. 2 at Cardinals

We're taking any and all guesses who will start at QB for Arizona in this game.

Oct. 9 SEAHAWKS

Seattle can only hope this one turns out better than last year's game.

Oct. 16 BILLS

The Giants wanted C.J. Spiller. Now they'll have to stop him.

Oct. 23 BYE

Tom Coughlin surely likes where this was placed in the schedule.

Oct. 30 DOLPHINS

Last time they played in London. No such luck this time around.

Nov. 6 at Patriots, 4:15 p.m.

First matchup in a meaningful game since Super Bowl XLII.

Nov. 13 at 49ers, 4:15 p.m.

Giants have owned the 49ers in recent years. But now it's Jim Harbaugh's team.

Nov. 20 EAGLES

No, seriously, kick it out of bounds!

Nov. 27 at Saints

The last trip to the Big Easy was ugly for Giants.

Dec. 4 PACKERS

Giants get a shot at revenge against the Super Bowl champs.

Dec. 11 at Cowboys

The first of two matchups in four weeks against their rivals.

Dec. 18 REDSKINS

Washington hasn't beaten the Giants since 2007.

Dec. 24 at Jets (Saturday)

Hold your Santa/Rex Ryan jokes please.

*COWBOYS

Not sure about the date on this one. Trying to find out.

Of course this schedule is dependent on, you know, there actually being a season. Here's hoping the owners and players can figure out their issues so these games are played when they're supposed to be played.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/04/giants_to_open_2011_season_vs.html

ok official:

Sept. 11 at Redskins 4:15 p.m. FOX

Sept. 19 (Mon.) RAMS 8:30 p.m. ESPN

Sept. 25 at Eagles 1 p.m. FOX

Oct. 2 at Cardinals 4:05 p.m. FOX

Oct. 9 SEAHAWKS 1 p.m. FOX

Oct. 16 BILLS 1 p.m. CBS

Oct. 23 BYE

Oct. 30 DOLPHINS 1 p.m. CBS

Nov. 6 at Patriots 4:15 p.m. FOX

Nov. 13 at 49ers 4:15 p.m.* FOX*

Nov. 20 EAGLES 8:20 p.m.* NBC*

Nov. 28 (Mon.) at New Orleans 8:30 p.m. ESPN

Dec. 4 PACKERS 4:15 p.m.* FOX*

Dec. 11 at Cowboys 8:20 p.m.* NBC*

Dec. 18 REDSKINS 1 p.m.* FOX*

Dec. 24 (Sat.) at Jets 1 p.m. FOX

Jan. 1 COWBOYS 1 p.m.* FOX*

* Time/network subject to Flex Scheduling

But do the division champion Eagles have to play the Packers? Nooooooo, they get the Bears. And play the Falcons instead of the Saints. We definitely are getting the raw deal on that end on both counts. Man, I'm in a bad mood tonight. Between the Mets and now this :furious::furious::furious: At least we should get off to another good start before imploding again. :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Remember when I used to be an optimist?

It's so awesome we get to play the Packers and Saints again. :ranting2:

and the Eagles, thats an automatic two, the Patriots, The Dolphins are not pushovers. The Rams and Niners from the West are gonna be better then people think. St Louis plays a hell of a schedule though this year. Split with the Cowboys and then factor in the Jets. 10 Losses,Maybe 8. sorry I hate to be pessimistic but our schedule is much tougher then last years, I know we all think we are gonna go guns blazing against Philadelphia, but thats the fans wishful thinking. They own the Giants, and they don't seem to care

and the Eagles, thats an automatic two, the Patriots, The Dolphins are not pushovers. The Rams and Niners from the West are gonna be better then people think. St Louis plays a hell of a schedule though this year. Split with the Cowboys and then factor in the Jets. 10 Losses,Maybe 8. sorry I hate to be pessimistic but our schedule is much tougher then last years, I know we all think we are gonna go guns blazing against Philadelphia, but thats the fans wishful thinking. They own the Giants, and they don't seem to care

Definitely a tough schedule and November 20th and on it gets brutal.

We got fucking slammed with this schedule we need to be 6-0 heading into the bye or else we are fucked. The Giants dont finish a season strong and if we go into this last part of the season as we have in recent years we might be lucky to come out 9-7.

Gotta finish this season strong or else it's another January sitting at home.

Bye week is week 4, hate that.

No, week 7, boohyah... still too early for my liking. You would think that with the brutality of the second half, they would've given us a week break somewhere in there... sheesh. The NFL hates us.

But do the division champion Eagles have to play the Packers? Nooooooo, they get the Bears. And play the Falcons instead of the Saints. We definitely are getting the raw deal on that end on both counts. Man, I'm in a bad mood tonight. Between the Mets and now this :furious::furious::furious: At least we should get off to another good start before imploding again. :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Remember when I used to be an optimist?

dog's not sure where you are going with this. here we go with the great NFL conspiracy against the giants again, much earlier than usual this year. yes, the giants get the packers, so the eagles get the bears (weren't the bears in the NFC championship game and right there until the final drive against the packers?). and yes, the giants get the saints but the falcons were 13-3 and are a team on the rise...not exactly a cake walk game.

otherwise they play the same teams. and given that you were one of the people believing that the giants should have been in the playoffs and were better than the teams in it last year, why should any of this matter?

seriously? Our schedule is brutal especially in the second half. I say 6-10.

Actually yea... If you look at last season, we are maybe 2 PLAYS (not games) away from being 12-4 and division champions. This team, while we have problems in areas, is not as bad as people are making it seem.

No, week 7, boohyah... still too early for my liking. You would think that with the brutality of the second half, they would've given us a week break somewhere in there... sheesh. The NFL hates us.

Yeah I got that one wrong, not sure what the hell was wrong with me, but I would still like to see us get that bye down the stretch.