SportsWrath

Vernon Gholston.......cut from jets..

TrashTalker92

I know i'll get freaking burn from this.. cuz a lot of you guys are anti-jets (so am i).. which giving me a reason to give this dude a try and prove good old Rex wrong... It did say he came from the Ohio 4-3 and just couldn't get into the 3-4..

let's discuss (since this side of the board is somewhat dead anyways)..

ESPN - Rex Ryan's failure: Vernon Gholston

Well, we have Tuck, Osi, and JPP. Tollefson and Kiwi are free agents. So I suppose if he came real cheap, he could be worth a flyer to play on a rotational basis. But it's buyer beware with him... he's had plenty of chances to show something and he just didn't.

Hasnt this guy been nothing but a colossal bust? I mean the fact that he only has 30 something tackles and 0 sacks in his entire career tells you something about the guy.

The only reason he stayed with the Jets as long as he did was they didnt want to admit their mistake, almost like the Giants and Moss.

Well, we have Tuck, Osi, and JPP. Tollefson and Kiwi are free agents. So I suppose if he came real cheap, he could be worth a flyer to play on a rotational basis. But it's buyer beware with him... he's had plenty of chances to show something and he just didn't.

He was playing LB though with the Jets and could be worth putting back on the line. Kiwi wasn't playing great at LB also but plays very well at DE. If he comes cheap why not.

I know i'll get freaking burn from this.. cuz a lot of you guys are anti-jets (so am i).. which giving me a reason to give this dude a try and prove good old Rex wrong... It did say he came from the Ohio 4-3 and just couldn't get into the 3-4..

let's discuss (since this side of the board is somewhat dead anyways)..

ESPN - Rex Ryan's failure: Vernon Gholston

I can see why players like Rex. He could have thrown him under the bus, but he was very complimentary of Gholston.

I remember this guy was considered a can't-miss player during the draft....considering some of the dead wood we've got at linebacker, I'd bring him in for workout, at least.

But, all this labor BS needs to be cleared up first.

I can see why players like Rex. He could have thrown him under the bus, but he was very complimentary of Gholston.

I remember this guy was considered a can't-miss player during the draft....considering some of the dead wood we've got at linebacker, I'd bring him in for workout, at least.

But, all this labor BS needs to be cleared up first.

the guy was a 4-3 end in college who couldnt hack it as a 3-4 linebacker in the nfl and got moved back to the dline.

i def dont want him as a linebacker in our 4-3.

No, Gholston needs to go the UFL and learn the fucking game a little and then maybe gets picked up in a year or two by someone. He didn't seem to have a clue how to play. He has the physical tools, but they said this in the pre drafts he had issues.

No, Gholston needs to go the UFL and learn the fucking game a little and then maybe gets picked up in a year or two by someone. He didn't seem to have a clue how to play. He has the physical tools, but they said this in the pre drafts he had issues.

But he has so much upside. :ermm: