SportsWrath

Are we going to have a season in 2011?

JMFP

Unfortunately, the owners get paid in 2011 either way due to the current TV contract. i don't see them rushing to an agreement with teh players until they resolve their own deep divisions.

Whoa....they get TV rev...regardless?

Ouch. Who signed that deal....CBS was desperate crazy to get football back.

C. Wagon

No, a judge shot that down. I believe that money is now in escrow, unavailable to the owners until a settlement is reached. That, combined with the fact that this whole thing appears to be headed for the courtroom of Judge Doty, of the Minneapolis Circuit Court, who has issued rulings favorable to the players in the past, is what seems to have changed the dynamic of the negotiations. Certainly, the owners are not dealing from the position of strength they expected to be in.

No, a judge shot that down. I believe that money is now in escrow, unavailable to the owners until a settlement is reached. That, combined with the fact that this whole thing appears to be headed for the courtroom of Judge Doty, of the Minneapolis Circuit Court, who has issued rulings favorable to the players in the past, is what seems to have changed the dynamic of the negotiations. Certainly, the owners are not dealing from the position of strength they expected to be in.

I thought I had read about something similar but I think the owners still get some of the money. Either way it's good because at least it's a more even playing field. I am still pessimistic about a 2011 season though.