SportsWrath

Mounting evidence that the Texans trade down

HOUND

EA drafted Eli on pedigree.There's only one problem. He has none. His father was medicore at best and Peyton is supported by a group of very talented people at most of the offensive positions. Besides he's proven that when in a big game...he chokes. Put Reggie Bush in the Eli draft and we trade down to number one. Who do you pick ??

nutty, i have agreed with you on plenty of issues in the past.

DT's, william joseph, shockey down in south beach etc....

But I dont agree with you on ELi . Talking the giants blue sun glasses off

I saw a kid last year take us down the field with time running out and he

put the giants in position to win games and did so as cool as cucumber.

Does his accuracy need to get better? yes but what I watched was a QB that

will put us in position to win for many years. In his 1st full season he has done

what no other Giants QB has ever done. If you can name me a QB that the Giants

have had that did what ELi did in his 1st full season than please do so.

Also people under estimate the importance of a QB that is cool under pressure with

2 minutes to go. The pressure is not on the RB but on the QB with 2 min remaining

and I really think you dis like EA for what you beleive was a pedigree pick.

IF eli continues to improve he will prove you wrong on this issue and I am as

hard on giants players as you. Eli knows how to win when it counts and that

my friend is worth a lot of money in this sport.

I hope i didnt offend you brother Giants fan?

Your still the man !! :rock:

Fine. Based on what you saw, would you question his durability?

I do considering the NFL has bigger players and is a hell of a lot more physical than college. Bush will have his growing pains just like most players do early in their career. I do think he'll be a big success in the NFL.

Another reason the Texans should draft Reggie Bush is that he will instantly increase ticket sales. Mario Williams will not do that. If the Texans draft Bush they will finally get some attention.

Texans are one of the top revenue generating franchises. They don't need Bush to sell tickets.

can you believe i got him with the 3rd pick in the mock. once again i'd like to point out how i robbed the draft. reggie bush is a football god and like money said, unless he gets injured he is going to be downright spectacular. i love to watch him play and i cant wait till he gets to the nfl, especially since he will either be for an AFC team, or the saints (and they will probably always suck)

I won't argue that the Texans shouldn't pick Bush but ticket sales have nothing to do with that decision.

i would disagree with that statement. football is a business and it would be a lot easier for the texans to market a runningback than a defensive end. i suspect that's why the lions took charles rogers out of local michigan state, but i can't confirm that.

I'd love to see Bush become a Jet. Then I could see him play every week when I move back east, and we'd have to worry about him once every four years...

just throwing this out there...we'd see him yearly in preseason...

The Texans don't need help selling their tickets; they sell out their stadium. They are also a very profitable franchise. Based on the league's revenue sharing structure, the Texans could draft Storm 1st overall, tank all their games, drive away their fan base, and still generate income on the strength of TV contracts alone.

Yes, Bush is more marketable than Mario Williams. But the goal is to win football games (I hope), not maximize profits (especially since they make more than enough money to begin with).

Guest Nutty Sack
nutty, i have agreed with you on plenty of issues in the past.

DT's, william joseph, shockey down in south beach etc....

But I dont agree with you on ELi . Talking the giants blue sun glasses off

I saw a kid last year take us down the field with time running out and he

put the giants in position to win games and did so as cool as cucumber.

Does his accuracy need to get better? yes but what I watched was a QB that

will put us in position to win for many years. In his 1st full season he has done

what no other Giants QB has ever done. If you can name me a QB that the Giants

have had that did what ELi did in his 1st full season than please do so.

Also people under estimate the importance of a QB that is cool under pressure with

2 minutes to go. The pressure is not on the RB but on the QB with 2 min remaining

and I really think you dis like EA for what you beleive was a pedigree pick.

IF eli continues to improve he will prove you wrong on this issue and I am as

hard on giants players as you. Eli knows how to win when it counts and that

my friend is worth a lot of money in this sport.

I hope i didnt offend you brother Giants fan?

Your still the man !! :rock:

I respect your opinion......and you know what ?? I hope your right and I'm wrong.

The Texans don't need help selling their tickets; they sell out their stadium. They are also a very profitable franchise. Based on the league's revenue sharing structure, the Texans could draft Storm 1st overall, tank all their games, drive away their fan base, and still generate income on the strength of TV contracts alone.

Yes, Bush is more marketable than Mario Williams. But the goal is to win football games (I hope), not maximize profits (especially since they make more than enough money to begin with).

Actually given the way the Texans lost games last season, you could make an argument that they DID draft Storm and tanked their games in an effort to win the Reggie Sweepstakes!