SportsWrath

Yours/My Mock Drafts... post 'em here

Allstarjim

1. Carolina Panthers - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - Tough call, especially for #1 overall. But this is a big need for them and he is right there at the top of all players in this draft.

2. Denver Broncos - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - Exciting edge rusher can help them right away, and they need it on that side of the ball.

3. Buffalo Bills - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - I don't think Buffalo is going to reach for Newton, and Ryan Fitzgerald may have earned himself one more year as a starter. Fairley can help their abysmal run defense.

4. Cincinatti Bengals - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn - It just takes one team to fall in love with you. Bengals are a mess and need a savior. Newton's raw athleticism can put some butts in the seats, and the Palmer situation doesn't help matters. They are the one team I think that would take a risk like this here.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri - Conventional wisdom says that Whisenhunt won't go for a rookie QB, but can you really give yourself a chance to win with Max Hall or Derek Anderson? Gabbert is quite possibly the best QB in this draft, and they have to get someone in there before Fitzy gets restless. So this is my pick until they trade for Kolb.

6. Cleveland Browns - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC - Best edge rusher available, and Cleveland needs one badly.

7. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 49ers get major value here with one of the best players in the draft. Nate Clements is getting long in the tooth at an otherwise weak position group.

8. Tennessee Titans - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M - Titans need to get tougher on defense, Miller is the top linebacker in the draft. They also need a QB, but they will find better value in the second round.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amakumura, CB, Nebraska - They simply have to address this position with this pick and Amakumura staring the in the face... this is the perfect fit for them at a player that should be there.

10. Washington Redskins - AJ Green, WR, Georgia - The passing offense has to get more dangerous. Green guarantees that it will.

11. Houston Texans - Cameron Jordan, DE, California - The Texans need help on defense. They would prefer Amakumura to fall here but it's not going to happen. Jordan could give them a nice 1-2 punch with Mario Williams on the outside.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - Sidney Rice will be leaving via free agency, and Julio Jones is the best player available. They have other needs, like QB and DE, but right now they grab a big time playmaker.

13. Detroit Lions - Tyron Smith, OT, USC - They need to give Stafford some help on the line before his body is completely wrecked.

14. St. Louis Rams - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois - Almost went with Phil Taylor, but Liuget is the safer pick for Spags, who needs help on the interior of his defensive line.

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - Rickey Williams and Ronnie Brown are both free agents, 'nuff said.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri - Everything meshes well here for the Jags. They need help at DE, and Smith is a great value pick here.

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland) - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA - A big upgrade for Belichek, this is a solid pick and a good fit.

18. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - Chargers are lacking a edge rusher in a bad way.

19. New York Giants - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - With McKenzie getting older, and a unsaid desire to move Diehl inside, offensive tackle is the pick. With no value at linebacker at 19, Solder gives the Giants an upgrade at OT, and provides insurance.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin - The Bucs are trying to upgrade the lines, and DE is a priority. They need McCoy to come back healthy, and if he does, getting the right guy at DE to compliment him cand make the Bucs defense very difficult to run against.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Anthony Castonzo , OT, Boston College - This is a value pick for the Chiefs at a position that needs more than what they have now.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin - the run on tackles continues, as Peyton needs help on his blind side.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida - Eagles are talented at the skill positions, but offensive line could use some work. Getting Vick some protection on the interior will help him immensely.

24. New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - Alex Brown was a disappointment for the Saints. Clayborn makes sense here.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia - This was one of the tougher choices for me to mock. But Houston was very productive at a big time school in the SEC, at a premium position. Kentwan Balmer had exactly 0 sacks last year starting opposite Chris Clemons at DE. ZERO. They have to get better. A lot of talk out there about them needing a cornerback with this pick, and still needing a QB and a RB. Those are needs, but Houston is the best risk/reward investment for Seattle with this pick.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado - Major character issues causes Smith to drop. A lot of people say he could go to the Seahawks a pick earlier, but I think with Ray Lewis' leadership, the Ravens take a chance on Smith here, as they have lacked a true shut down corner since Chris McAlister.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland - They need help at DE, and they'll take Houston if he falls to here, but they could also use a burner at WR. They like Malcolm Jenkins, and Smith won't supplant him on the outside, but he would be a perfect fit for the Falcons as a slot receiver and deep threat to complement Roddy White. He would really make them more dangerous.

28. New England Patriots - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State - With the Patriots addressing the defense earlier, they address the tackle position here. Talk is that OT Nick Kaczur may be cut, and OT Matt Light is an unrestricted free agent looking for big money. Sherrod is great value here.

29. Chicago Bears - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State - The combine bench press champion goes to the Bears, a team that has needed help on the interior of their defensive line since Tommie Harris left.

30. NY Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE/DT, Temple - The Jets need help on the defensive line as well. They missed on Vernon Gholston a couple of years back, and with Wilkerson, Rex gets a player that is 6'5", 305, and has the athleticism to fit nicely in the Jets 3-4 defense at end.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor - The rich get richer as they get a top NT at a position where youth is needed. Casey Hampton is not getting any younger, and big NT's don't grow on trees. A coup for Dick Lebeau.

32. Green Bay Packers - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois - I hated making this pick, but I can't see the Pack not taking Leshoure, who, to me, is the best RB in this class. Ryan Grant had a devastating injury, and they really need an upgrade behind him anyway. Leshoure is more than that, though, he steps in at starter, and it's Grant who becomes the change of pace back in an offense that was criticized in 2010 for not being able to run the ball.

That's it... your criticisms are welcome. Doing this made very pumped for the draft, and it really educated me on some of the players out there. A couple of notes, I really thought Jon Baldwin (WR, Pitt) and Brandon Harris (CB, Miami) were first round talents, so they could be steals in the second. I also think that up to 4 QB's could be taken in the second round, so hopefully some quality talent at other positions will fall to us.

Ayers gets a lot of talk but I think he's the kind of player we don't need. Yes we need a linebacker, but watching film of Ayers, he is a lot like Sintim, IMO. I'm hoping they can get a speedy MLB or OLB in the 2nd or 3rd round, where a lot of quality players are. I think the only first rounder at linebacker that would really help us in Von Miller, and sadly, we won't be able to get him.

1.Panthers-Blaine Gabbert-QB Missouri-They are apparently not thrilled with any of the Dline prospects. Gabbert compares favorably with Phillip Rivers. He would be a good fit and spark interest in the Carolina fan base

2.Broncos-Marcel Dareus-DT Alabama-31st ranked run D in the NFL, Fox starts rebuilding the interior DLine with this pick

3.Bills-Von Miller-They put Aaron Maybin behind them and take a LB that can do it all.

4.Bengals-Cam Newton QB Auburn-Palmer seems dead set on retiring, I think they should move on from Palmer anyway. Mike Vick's QB coach is the Bengals offensive assistant and Newton would be a great fit has the Bengals go more towards a West Coast Offense under Jay Gruden.

5.Cardinals-Patrick Peterson CB LSU-DRC and Peterson make up a good corner duo. Peterson is the #1 player on most boards.

6.Browns-Da'quan Bowers DE Clemson- They need a speedy WR, they can get that in round two. They need help converting to a 4-3 under Jauron. Who likes to bring speed off the edge.

7.49ers-Robert Quinn DE UNC-Manny Lawson will not be retained and he was out of position for them. Quinn could be a monster in 3-4 rushing the passer

8.Titans-Nick Fairley DT Auburn-Haven't had a good run stuffing DT since fat Al left. Fairley fits their scheme perfectly.

9.Cowboys-J.J Watt DE Wisconsin-Maybe the best five technique in the draft. Fits perfectly for Dallas

10.Redskins-Julio Jones WR Alabama-Fits better in the west coast then Green and Washington has nobody at WR.

11.Texans-Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska-I am sure they were be alot teams looking to trade here for Green, If Houston stays put Amukamara will be the pick

12.Vikings-A.J Green WR Georgia-Rice and Harvin have both had injury issues, and Rice could leave via free agency. Even if Rice is retained they could use Green, who is the best player on the board.

13.Lions-Anthony Castonzo OT BC-Stafford has been getting killed and has been off the field more then on it. Castonzo teams with another former Eagle Gosder Cherilus to make a solid pair of bookends and keep Stafford healthy

14.Rams-Aldon Smith DE Missouri-Nice fit for Spags D.

15.Dolphins-Mike Pouncey-G/C Florida-Versatile along the line Oline, Miami needs a road grader at G and Pouncey would fit.

16.Jaguars-Cameron Jordan DE CAL-They need a DE and had success drafting Aluala out of Cal last year. Jordan and Aluala reunite to give Jax a solid duo in the front 4.

17.Patriots-Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA-Good fit for the 3-4, not always the greatest pass rusher but perfect for the Patriots

18.Chargers-Justin Houston OLB Georgia They had 47 sacks last year, but not because of the OLB's. They need help opposite Shaun Phillips.

19.Giants-Gabe Carimi-OT Wisconsin-Carimi could be a very good RT, he held up well against top competition. Giants need a young OT, and Carimi could plug in and play at RT right away

20.Bucs-Adrian Clayborn-Perfect DE for the tampa 2.

21.Chiefs-Torrey Smith-Need a another WR other then Bowe and a deep threat to stretch the field. Smith is good fit and provides some help on returns as well.

22.Colts-Danny Watkins G Baylor-Need to protect Peyton, they have been aging along the OLine. Watkins is a beast and rising up boards

23.Eagles-Marcus Cannon G TCU-Need to protect especially on the interior. Also need help getting a push in shortage situations, Cannon is a converted T who fits better at G in the pros and a Reid type of pick

24.Saints-Martez Wilson LB Illinois Good fit for Williams D, can play either inside or outside. They need upgrades at LB

25.Seahawks-Tyron Smith OT USC Smith is very raw, but has tremendous upside. He reunites with Carroll and forms a solid OT tandem with last years #1 DC Russell Okung

26.Ravens-Jimmy Smith CB Colorado-The Ravens have three CB's possibly heading to FA. They weren't that good anyway in pass D and need help here regardless

27.Falcons-Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue-I have heard him called the next John Abraham. He is good fit for the Cover 2, could be huge steal for Atlanta

28.Patriots-Nate Solder OT Colorado-Matt Light seems like he is on his way out of NE. He is 33 when the season starts anyway, they need a young OT to keep Brady protected.

29.Bears-Corey Liuget DT Illinois-Tommie Harris is gone and has been done. They stay in state and grab Liuget who they plug in for the next ten years

30.Jets-Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt-Holmes,Edwards and Smith are all FA's and most likely Holmes will be the only back. They need a deep threat at WR and someone to groom along with Sanchez.

31.Steelers Ben Ijalana G Villanova-They had trouble protecting Big Ben, even though some of that is Ben holding onto to the ball to make a play. They could use help on the interior on their oline anyways. Ijalana could be a project but he fits with the Steelers demeanor pretty well

32.Packers-Mark Ingram RB Alabama-The Packers don't hesitate. Ingram falls and could be a steal or a bust. GB is a nice fit for him though has he goes to the champs and doesn't have to carry a team.

I like mine more than yours! :P I'm glad you like to talk draft Bigblue... you and me are about the only ones I think here that are really passionate about it. Good stuff, man.

we thought around the same lines on most picks and had the same ones for some teams.

I like mine more than yours! :P I'm glad you like to talk draft Bigblue... you and me are about the only ones I think here that are really passionate about it. Good stuff, man.

I don't watch college, but I used to love everything draft-related. However, the pending lockout coupled with our team doing absolutely nothing in the wake of it's latest second-half collapse have me caring less about offseason football than any time I can remember.

1.Panthers-Blaine Gabbert-QB Missouri-They are apparently not thrilled with any of the Dline prospects. Gabbert compares favorably with Phillip Rivers. He would be a good fit and spark interest in the Carolina fan base

"Blaine Gabbert?"

That's not a #1 overall pick's name. Just sayin.

• 5 weeks later...

Updated Mock:

1. Carolina Panthers - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - Tough call, especially for #1 overall. But this is a big need for them and he is right there at the top of all players in this draft.

2. Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU (previous pick - Da'Quan Bowers) - With Bowers stock falling, Peterson is the safe play, and many gurus think he's the best player in the draft.

3. Buffalo Bills - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri - (previous pick - Nick Fairley) He's the most polished QB in the draft. If Dareous is here, then he's the pick and Fitzgerald gets one more year without having to look in the rearview.

4. Cincinatti Bengals - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn - It just takes one team to fall in love with you. Bengals are a mess and need a savior. Newton's raw athleticism can put some butts in the seats, and the Palmer situation doesn't help matters. They are the one team I think that would take a risk like this here.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M (previous pick - Blaine Gabbert) - With Gabbert and Newton gone, Cards will have to wait until round 2 to find a QB. Perhaps Ponder is there for him... but now they pick up one of the best defensive players in the draft.

6. Cleveland Browns - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC - Best edge rusher available, and Cleveland needs one badly.

7. San Francisco 49ers- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson (previous pick - Patrick Peterson) - 49ers miss on the rising Peterson, but take a chance on Bowers, who was once a sure thing as a top 5 pick, now drops here due to shaky Pro Day and injury concerns.

8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn (previous pick - Von Miller) - Titans finally get the dominant interior lineman that has been missing since Haynesworth left in FA. Titans reap a great defensive player with this pick, something sorely needed... still looking for a QB in round 2.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amakumura, CB, Nebraska - They simply have to address this position with this pick and Amakumura staring the in the face... this is the perfect fit for them at a player that should be there.

10. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama (previous pick - AJ Green) - Jones has proven he is the most dominant offensive weapon in the draft. Redskins can't miss with this pick.

11. Houston Texans - Cameron Jordan, DE, California - The Texans need help on defense. They would prefer Amakumura to fall here but it's not going to happen. Jordan could give them a nice 1-2 punch with Mario Williams on the outside.

12. Minnesota Vikings - AJ Green, WR, Georgia (previous pick - Julio Jones) - Vikes make a pick reminiscent of Randy Moss in 1998.

13. Detroit Lions - Tyron Smith, OT, USC - They need to give Stafford some help on the line before his body is completely wrecked. Smith is the most NFL ready OT available in this draft.

14. St. Louis Rams - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois - Almost went with Phil Taylor, but Liuget is the safer pick for Spags, who needs help on the interior of his defensive line.

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - Rickey Williams and Ronnie Brown are both free agents, 'nuff said.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri - Everything meshes well here for the Jags. They need help at DE, and Smith is a great value pick here.

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland) - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA - A big upgrade for Belichek, this is a solid pick and a good fit.

18. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - Chargers are lacking a edge rusher in a bad way.

19. New York Giants - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College (previous pick - Nate Solder) - With McKenzie getting older, and a unsaid desire to move Diehl inside, offensive tackle is the pick. With no value at linebacker at 19, Giants go OT. Now that I've seen more tape on Castonzo, I think he has more polish than Solder, and is deserving of being the 2nd OT off the board in this draft. AC also will agree with Coughlin's BC roots.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin - The Bucs are trying to upgrade the lines, and DE is a priority. They need McCoy to come back healthy, and if he does, getting the right guy at DE to compliment him cand make the Bucs defense very difficult to run against.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor (previous pick - Anthony Castonzo) - Taylor fits a big hole here for the Chiefs and gives them the NT the covet for their 3-4.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin - the run on tackles continues, as Peyton needs help on his blind side.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida - Eagles are talented at the skill positions, but offensive line could use some work. Getting Vick some protection on the interior will help him immensely.

24. New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - Alex Brown was a disappointment for the Saints. Clayborn makes sense here.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia - This was one of the tougher choices for me to mock. But Houston was very productive at a big time school in the SEC, at a premium position. Kentwan Balmer had exactly 0 sacks last year starting opposite Chris Clemons at DE. ZERO. They have to get better. A lot of talk out there about them needing a cornerback with this pick, and still needing a QB and a RB. Those are needs, but Houston is the best risk/reward investment for Seattle with this pick.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado - Major character issues causes Smith to drop. A lot of people say he could go to the Seahawks a pick earlier, but I think with Ray Lewis' leadership, the Ravens take a chance on Smith here, as they have lacked a true shut down corner since Chris McAlister.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland - They need help at DE, and they'll take Houston if he falls to here, but they could also use a burner at WR. They like Malcolm Jenkins, and Smith won't supplant him on the outside, but he would be a perfect fit for the Falcons as a slot receiver and deep threat to complement Roddy White. He would really make them more dangerous.

28. New England Patriots - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State - With the Patriots addressing the defense earlier, they address the tackle position here. Talk is that OT Nick Kaczur may be cut, and OT Matt Light is an unrestricted free agent looking for big money. Sherrod is great value here.

29. Chicago Bears - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado (previous pick - Stephen Paea) - Solder provides some help on a offensive line that was abused at times in '10.

30. NY Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE/DT, Temple - The Jets need help on the defensive line as well. They missed on Vernon Gholston a couple of years back, and with Wilkerson, Rex gets a player that is 6'5", 305, and has the athleticism to fit nicely in the Jets 3-4 defense at end.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Danny Watkins, G, Baylor (previous pick - Phil Taylor) - Watkins is the 2nd best OG on most boards in this class. Steelers find low risk value here, and more help for Big Ben... O-line has been troubling at times for the last few seasons.

32. Green Bay Packers - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois - I hated making this pick, but I can't see the Pack not taking Leshoure, who, to me, is the best RB in this class. Ryan Grant had a devastating injury, and they really need an upgrade behind him anyway. Leshoure is more than that, though, he steps in at starter, and it's Grant who becomes the change of pace back in an offense that was criticized in 2010 for not being able to run the ball.

That's it... your criticisms are welcome. Doing this made very pumped for the draft, and it really educated me on some of the players out there. A couple of notes, I really thought Jon Baldwin (WR, Pitt) and Brandon Harris (CB, Miami) were first round talents, so they could be steals in the second. I also think that up to 4 QB's could be taken in the second round, so hopefully some quality talent at other positions will fall to us.

• 3 weeks later...

Props to BigBlue25. He correctly picked Peterson to the Cards at #5, Pouncey to the Dolphins at #15, Clayborn to the Bucs at #20, Jimmy Smith to the Ravens at #26, and although he didn't pick Solder to the Patriots at #17, he did pick Solder going to the Patriots at #28. Very impressive, most draft gurus don't hit that many times with player and team matching up. For me, I hit on 2 with Jimmy Smith to the Ravens and Wilkerson to the Jets.

I did correctly name 27 out of the 32 first rounders that went in the first round though, compared to BigBlue's 25 of 32! :P I have to make it a competition, BB! IF I was able to access this site on Wednesday, I WAS going to do a final mock that would've had Ayers dropping out of the 1st and it would've had Tyron Smith to the Cowboys. But I don't know who I would've had taking Ayers place.

Now there is a guy that everyone over at BBI seems to love for his draft knowledge that you have to pay $9.95 to read his draft stuff... his name is Drew Boylhart. From what I can gather, his mock only predicted 22 out of 32 first rounders. He sucks, and BB and I are better, and we do this for you guys, FOR FREE. Your welcome.

Props to BigBlue25. He correctly picked Peterson to the Cards at #5, Pouncey to the Dolphins at #15, Clayborn to the Bucs at #20, Jimmy Smith to the Ravens at #26, and although he didn't pick Solder to the Patriots at #17, he did pick Solder going to the Patriots at #28. Very impressive, most draft gurus don't hit that many times with player and team matching up. For me, I hit on 2 with Jimmy Smith to the Ravens and Wilkerson to the Jets.

I did correctly name 27 out of the 32 first rounders that went in the first round though, compared to BigBlue's 25 of 32! :P I have to make it a competition, BB! IF I was able to access this site on Wednesday, I WAS going to do a final mock that would've had Ayers dropping out of the 1st and it would've had Tyron Smith to the Cowboys. But I don't know who I would've had taking Ayers place.

Now there is a guy that everyone over at BBI seems to love for his draft knowledge that you have to pay $9.95 to read his draft stuff... his name is Drew Boylhart. From what I can gather, his mock only predicted 22 out of 32 first rounders. He sucks, and BB and I are better, and we do this for you guys, FOR FREE. Your welcome.

Alot of the picks made zero sense to me, Newton does not fit Carolina,Miller is a 3-4 guy who might have trouble covering TE's and RB's but went to Denver's 4-3 were John Fox, like his LB's to cover, maybe he drops his hand in the dirt and becomes a DE, Doom and Miller has undersized DE's coming off the edge, maybe then it makes sense. Liuget was a protypical 3 Tech and went to a 3-4 D, what the hell? Then Phil Taylor who is a 3-4 NT went to Cleveland to play 3T. don't like Dareus in the 3-4 either, even though he can play that, he is not gonna be able to push the pocket at 5T. Green to me is not a fit for Cinncy and Jones is not a fit for Atlanta. I am not big on Peterson, I honestly don't see the hype. I liked Amukamara and Smith more then Peterson. Locker to #8?, I had Locker dropping to the 40's. Alot of people thought the Titans drafted him, just based on character and that's what Munchak is seeming to promote. Just cause Vince was such an asshole, and had poor work ethic. Sorry but character doesn't win you games, and either do inaccurate,one read, lob pass QB's

As far as Miller is concerned he doesn't have the size to play DE nor do I think that would be his best position. I have to disagree with you a little that I don't think he's going to struggle as an every down LBer. I think he's that rare athlete that can do it all from the linebacker position. I think he ends up as the WIL for Coach Fox and plays every down.

I agree, Locker to the Titans was a big surprise. Even bigger was Ponder that early to the Vikes. I also agree Phil Taylor is a 3-4 NT, so that one puzzles me a bit. But Green and Jones are rare playmakers... playmakers like them are a fit ANYWHERE. Green's going to be the #1 receiver in Cinci, because spanish 85 will be gone. Jones in Atlanta makes sense to me... who wants to try and cover both White and Julio Jones? That sucks for defenses. I also agree that Liuget would've been a better fit in a 4-3 at DT, but I'll bet he plays DE in a 3-4, and can do well at that spot.

As far as Miller is concerned he doesn't have the size to play DE nor do I think that would be his best position. I have to disagree with you a little that I don't think he's going to struggle as an every down LBer. I think he's that rare athlete that can do it all from the linebacker position. I think he ends up as the WIL for Coach Fox and plays every down.

I agree, Locker to the Titans was a big surprise. Even bigger was Ponder that early to the Vikes. I also agree Phil Taylor is a 3-4 NT, so that one puzzles me a bit. But Green and Jones are rare playmakers... playmakers like them are a fit ANYWHERE. Green's going to be the #1 receiver in Cinci, because spanish 85 will be gone. Jones in Atlanta makes sense to me... who wants to try and cover both White and Julio Jones? That sucks for defenses. I also agree that Liuget would've been a better fit in a 4-3 at DT, but I'll bet he plays DE in a 3-4, and can do well at that spot.

He could do well, some people thought Liuget could also be NT in 3-4. A smaller nose, ala Kyle Williams in Buffalo.

Can he catch? Kiper shit all over him, made him sound like a Raiders draft pick.

Wow to Bowers. The guy is dropping faster than Richard Simmons at a San Francisco hot tub party. Apparently teams have him as un-draftable.

I never got the hype to begin with, he has a big injury red flag and is completely lazy. He is pretty much a five game wonder, against marginal competition and that was all last year. He was the #1 high school prospect and I guess that "potential" never left him throughout college. When NFL scouts took a look at him they said you have to fucking be kidding me.

Can he catch? Kiper shit all over him, made him sound like a Raiders draft pick.

He struggled with drops until last year,he is still a dynamic receiver. I guess Atlanta wanted to go toe to toe offensively with New Orleans, Green Bay and Tampa in their division is starting to become a pretty good passing team.

• 4 years later...

Fun to look back... I was reading some old threads from the 2011 draft, and I was all about Von Miller... I also loved AJ Green and Tyron Smith, who I had said was the best LT in the draft. BB25 was also on Tyron Smith. BB25 also had JJ Watt at #9 overall, which was higher than most had him in mocks (he went 11th in the actual draft... Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker went ahead of him, ouch).

Although Castonzo hasn't received a ton of accolades like Tyron Smith, he has been very good for the Colts, particularly in the last 2 seasons, moreso than Solder, who hasn't been terrible for the Patriots (except in the AFC Championship game).