SportsWrath

Giants Sign Ware For 2 Years

Mr. P

Giants RB D.J. Ware, who was due to be a free agent this off-season, has signed a new contract extension with the team.

The terms of Ware’s contract were not announced by the team; however, according to The New York Daily News, the deal is reportedly a two-year, $2M deal.

Ware, who joined the Giants on Dec. 4, 2007 when he was signed off the Jets’ practice squad, played in 14 games last season, mostly as the team’s kickoff returner. He had 21 kickoff returns for a team-high 20.6-yard average. He also finished third on the team with 73 rushing yards on a career-high 30 attempts, and had seven receptions for 67 yards.

http://insidefootball.com/blog/?p=1863&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This may be a sign that Reese is not really looking to address RB in the draft... emphasis on "MAY". Jacobs under contract, and Bradshaw has been told he'll be the #1 priority by Reese. Looks like it could be the same going for us next season. I'm still holding out hope that the Giants get one of the stud RBs that WILL be available in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd round.

This may be a sign that Reese is not really looking to address RB in the draft... emphasis on "MAY". Jacobs under contract, and Bradshaw has been told he'll be the #1 priority by Reese. Looks like it could be the same going for us next season. I'm still holding out hope that the Giants get one of the stud RBs that WILL be available in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd round.

Although I wouldnt have been against drafting a RB in the later rds, I like those 3 at RB. Ware needs to be givin more of a chance, and Jacobs started showing flashes of his 1st yrs as a Giant. And can you imagine the season Ahmad would have had minus all the fumbles? TC got Tiki to stop fumbling, Im sure he can work the same magic on Bradshaw. Draft Oline and LB and give these 3 another chance.

All the moves today are in case they go into the season with no free agency period. I wouldn't look for any deeper reason than the deadline today.

This is what I thought, Maybe Danny Ware deserves another chance and we can focus on other needs in the draft. , I think we franchise Bradshaw and then see if he can solve the fumbling problems. We can wait a year for RB, next years draft is loaded. I am not that big a fan of this years class, I like Thomas and Leshoure but I have questions on them.

This is what I thought, Maybe Danny Ware deserves another chance and we can focus on other needs in the draft. , I think we franchise Bradshaw and then see if he can solve the fumbling problems. We can wait a year for RB, next years draft is loaded. I am not that big a fan of this years class, I like Thomas and Leshoure but I have questions on them.

No love for Mark Ingram?

Ron Dayne, Tyrone Wheatley and Jarrod Bunch Version 2.0. Don't give me he has speed in the open field either, he was running through holes a semi could go through.

I concur. I don't watch college football, although that could be changing, but on some of those clips posted, which means they're highlights no less, I was underwhelmed.

Ron Dayne, Tyrone Wheatley and Jarrod Bunch Version 2.0. Don't give me he has speed in the open field either, he was running through holes a semi could go through.

I dont know, I always thought Ron Dayne would have been a good back given the chance. In his rookie yr behind Tiki's 1,000+ yd season, he amassed over 800 yds. He showed some flashes in DEN too. And Wheatley excelled in OAK, didn't he? Now Jarrod Bunch......complete bust. <_<

I dont know, I always thought Ron Dayne would have been a good back given the chance. In his rookie yr behind Tiki's 1,000+ yd season, he amassed over 800 yds. He showed some flashes in DEN too. And Wheatley excelled in OAK, didn't he? Now Jarrod Bunch......complete bust. <_<

he was a great MC for the monthly Chemical Bank luncheons at Cristos! .

I dont know, I always thought Ron Dayne would have been a good back given the chance. In his rookie yr behind Tiki's 1,000+ yd season, he amassed over 800 yds. He showed some flashes in DEN too. And Wheatley excelled in OAK, didn't he? Now Jarrod Bunch......complete bust. <_>

Nope, not me. I knew Ron Dayne was going to be bust from the moment I saw him play against Michigan. I nearly broke my TV when we drafted him. All I can think about was "great, another bust like Ike Hilliard."

A Liar., A Loser and a guy with a terrible sense of humor walk into a bar....

Oh wait, all the same person- NAS

Dude, I already let it go after I humiliated you in front of the board. Name-calling and acting like a pussy bitch is never a winning strategy. Penis-envy is a terrible disease.

Dude, I already let it go after I humiliated you in front of the board. Name-calling and acting like a pussy bitch is never a winning strategy. Penis-envy is a terrible disease.

you didn't disprove anything i said- send me your resume, i'll check you out. if your stories check, i'll apologize publicly

until then, you're a jealous lying loser who blames a race for your incompetency.

and t least i face you directly- instead of your pussy shit passive aggression.

you didn't disprove anything i said- send me your resume, i'll check you out. if your stories check, i'll apologize publicly

until then, you're a jealous lying loser who blames a race for your incompetency.

I'll send you dick.

i understand- you got a fake reputation to uphold. it's the slippery thread you cling to.

No asshole. No one in his right mind will send someone like you their resume. Are you this fucking demented? So what you were smoked out? You are one humorless bitter loser.

No asshole. No one in his right mind will send someone like you their resume. Are you this fucking demented? So what you were smoked out? You are one humorless bitter loser.

other people here have sent their resume to me. people you respect. i'm a professional- discreet and confidential.

Apparently Jacobs is taking a pay cut if it's reasonable. I think we might still go RB in Round 3, Jordan Todman out of UCONN would be a nice fit, if Williams or LeShoure are sitting with our round 2 pick, I wouldn't be upset if we drafted them. Jordan Todman I am really starting to like though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03HQc0xi4Y

these are Todman's stats from last year

1695 rush yards, 14 TDs, 0 Fumbles