SportsWrath

Hey...Remember this guy?

TE Jeremy Shockey cut by Saints

Veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he's been released by the New Orleans Saints.

"It's a business, I understand," Shockey said. "I'll just go play hard for someone else. Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal."

Jeremy Shockey's departure doesn't come as a complete surprise when you look at all the factors, ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes. Story

"I'd like to thank Jeremy for the contributions he made to our team during his time in New Orleans," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said. "These decisions are never easy to make and we wish him the best in the future."

Shockey, who won a Super Bowl with the Saints in the 2009 season, had three touchdowns and 408 receiving yards during an injury-hampered 2010 campaign in which he missed three of the team's games.

"Jeremy played an important role in helping our team bring a Super Bowl championship to New Orleans," said Saints coach Sean Payton. "He contributed to the success of our offense, both as a pass-catcher and run blocker, and we're appreciative of his efforts."

Drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2002 draft, Shockey was acquired by the Saints in a trade with New York prior to the 2008 season and spent the past three years in New Orleans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6148294&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

"It's a business, I understand," Shockey said. "I'll just go play hard for someone else. Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal."

way to negotiate, Jer

Yeah cause he has been doing better in NO since he left NY :rolleyes: . Only Steal involved would be the money he would take from a team that signed him.

Shockey stats....... he still cant play a whole season