SportsWrath

Thanks, but no thanks.

Sephiroth

So my father and I decided not to renew our tickets for the upcoming season at Giants stadium. While there was no "one reason" for this, what we basically both decided was:

1. The old stadium was nicer and better-designed. Bathroom lines are longer, concessions are more expensive, our seats are further away from the field (and again, more pricey) and it actually takes LONGER to get in and out than it did at Giants stadium. Whoever designed the new place obviously had no idea what the hell he was doing.

2. We both live pretty far from the stadium these days, and it's a real hike to get there and pay more. We didn't care when we had great seats at the old stadium, but to freeze your ass off in the upper deck after a four-hour drive just doesn't seem worth it.

3. Everything is a fucking commercial there. The "Verizon Gate," the "Motorola Gate,' there's talking heads and ads all over the place. It's ridiculous.

4. John Mara, honestly, is an embarassment. Over half of the seats behind the Giants bench remain empty. In one year this dolt somehow managed to take a guaranteed sellout crowd with a forty-year waiting list and turn it into people scalping tickets for 1/3rd face value.

5. We can't move the tickets anymore for games that we're unable to attend. Two years ago, we'd pick the five or six games we would definitely make and then sell the rest of the seats. Unfortunately, nobody wants the new seats, so we're stuck scrambling to get rid of them or eating them.

Seph...if you weren't going to renew your season tickets...why did you and your pops fork over a ton of cash for PSLs?

Just wondering is all...I could have sold you some of those seats too, easily.

if i recall from last year, I think they waived the PSLs for him or something because of the poorer seats.

if i recall from last year, I think they waived the PSLs for him or something because of the poorer seats.

Yeah, we never paid the PSLs. Thank God.

They couldn't move those things, so they gave us the seats without 'em. We originally said we'd pay half, but they sent us the tix before we were going to pay for them, so we just never paid.

Yeah, we never paid the PSLs. Thank God.

They couldn't move those things, so they gave us the seats without 'em. We originally said we'd pay half, but they sent us the tix before we were going to pay for them, so we just never paid.

Ah gotcha. A man from the Giants contacted me on Monday for season tickets...I had to decline.

Of course I'd get a call for Giants season tickets on Valentine's Day.

Can't say I blame you Seph.....take the money you saved, and get a kick ass media center, and the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Can't fault Seph either. Every point he made was strong. Save your money and put it to better use.

Can't fault Seph either. Every point he made was strong. Save your money and put it to better use.

Yeah, like taking a trip to AZ this yr if theres no lockout, and joining me and the other Giants faithful as the we beat the snot outta the Cards. :TU:

Yeah, like taking a trip to AZ this yr if theres no lockout, and joining me and the other Giants faithful as the we beat the snot outta the Cards. :TU:

That actually sounds like a LOT of fun. :TU:

And yeah joe, that's what I told my dad to do. Buy a nice flatscreen, and I'll help him hook up a home theater... pizza, wings and beer from the couch.

So my father and I decided not to renew our tickets for the upcoming season at Giants stadium. While there was no "one reason" for this, what we basically both decided was:

1. The old stadium was nicer and better-designed. Bathroom lines are longer, concessions are more expensive, our seats are further away from the field (and again, more pricey) and it actually takes LONGER to get in and out than it did at Giants stadium. Whoever designed the new place obviously had no idea what the hell he was doing.

2. We both live pretty far from the stadium these days, and it's a real hike to get there and pay more. We didn't care when we had great seats at the old stadium, but to freeze your ass off in the upper deck after a four-hour drive just doesn't seem worth it.

3. Everything is a fucking commercial there. The "Verizon Gate," the "Motorola Gate,' there's talking heads and ads all over the place. It's ridiculous.

4. John Mara, honestly, is an embarassment. Over half of the seats behind the Giants bench remain empty. In one year this dolt somehow managed to take a guaranteed sellout crowd with a forty-year waiting list and turn it into people scalping tickets for 1/3rd face value.

5. We can't move the tickets anymore for games that we're unable to attend. Two years ago, we'd pick the five or six games we would definitely make and then sell the rest of the seats. Unfortunately, nobody wants the new seats, so we're stuck scrambling to get rid of them or eating them.

Where do you get the scalped tickets? In the parking Lot? maybe thats what you should do to see a few games....

Sorry about your experience......but I suspected that a "1.5 billion dollar" stadium built by 2 teams by committee would be a fiasco which would only enrich only the corrupt politicians and unions of NJ

you know what you get when you design a horse by committee? You get a Donkey

The stadium is ugly, the seats are by and large further from the field than Giants Stadium (which was a remarkable stadium in that all you could see was a sea of heads meaning the seating height and spacing was perfect)........it also was a joke that they paid all that money and it had no retractable roof.......I get the argument that the Giants want to play in the elements.......euricka!!! Leave the Fnnn dome open or partially open for the games, what moron did not think of that. The Maras must be a bit inbred........... :rolleyes:

Where do you get the scalped tickets? In the parking Lot? maybe thats what you should do to see a few games....

Sorry about your experience......but I suspected that a "1.5 billion dollar" stadium built by 2 teams by committee would be a fiasco which would only enrich only the corrupt politicians and unions of NJ

you know what you get when you design a horse by committee? You get a Donkey

The stadium is ugly, the seats are by and large further from the field than Giants Stadium (which was a remarkable stadium in that all you could see was a sea of heads meaning the seating height and spacing was perfect)........it also was a joke that they paid all that money and it had no retractable roof.......I get the argument that the Giants want to play in the elements.......euricka!!! Leave the Fnnn dome open or partially open for the games, what moron did not think of that. The Maras must be a bit inbred........... :rolleyes:

Right on, Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I actually prefer watching the games at home. My bathroom is feet away, I can drink as much as I want without worrying about consequences, and I know exactly whats going on in the game. Sometimes penalties, challenges etc. can get a bit lost when you're in the crowd. Good for you though Seph. As Giant fans we are all looking at the possibility of no NFL. As much as it will hurt, if one group of millionaires and another group of multi-millionaires can't come to an agreement, maybe they need to see the backbone of their entire product give a collective go fuck yourself until this is all straightened out.

At this point, I actually prefer watching the games at home. My bathroom is feet away, I can drink as much as I want without worrying about consequences, and I know exactly whats going on in the game. Sometimes penalties, challenges etc. can get a bit lost when you're in the crowd. Good for you though Seph. As Giant fans we are all looking at the possibility of no NFL. As much as it will hurt, if one group of millionaires and another group of multi-millionaires can't come to an agreement, maybe they need to see the backbone of their entire product give a collective go fuck yourself until this is all straightened out.

Well said.

Agreed 100%.

A nice big HDTV, a DVR to pause/replay/skip commercials, a nice sofa sectional, and a fridge filled with cold beer.....thank you very much.

Agreed 100%.

A nice big HDTV, a DVR to pause/replay/skip commercials, a nice sofa sectional, and a fridge filled with cold beer.....thank you very much.

and don't forget the vaporizer. no Giants game is complete without that

Agreed 100%.

And you want to move to Yemen :doh: