SportsWrath

Mark Ingram would be worth it

JMFP

You're not comparing CJ Spiller to Mark Ingram, are you?

Well I mean Spiller has atleast played in the NFL, for all we know Ingram could turn out to be a bust which has happened to alot of highly touted first round RBs.

But no what I meant was Spiller more then likely would of given our running game the much needed boost during the season.

Well I mean Spiller has atleast played in the NFL, for all we know Ingram could turn out to be a bust which has happened to alot of highly touted first round RBs.

But no what I meant was Spiller more then likely would of given our running game the much needed boost during the season.

Fair point.....but looking at those highlights, Ingram is either the luckiest RB in the NCAA, or he has Jedi-like field vision.

Fair point.....but looking at those highlights, Ingram is either the luckiest RB in the NCAA, or he has Jedi-like field vision.

Ingram is good. But check out Mikel Leshoure. He carried 281 times to Ingram's 158 carries, yet averaged a half yard more than Ingram per carry, was way more consistent, totally carrying the load in that offense, and still dominated, against Big Ten competition (we're not talking cream puff schedule). Leshoure has powerful legs that just drive defenders back. He does not have the knee question mark that Ingram has. Ingram sometimes got only 12 carries in a game this season. You have to wonder why. In a game against Auburn, only 10 carries in a game 'Bama lost by 1 point. You have to think a Heisman Trophy winner would get the ball more in a close game but he didn't. I think that knee is a big question mark and because of that it's buyer beware if you are spending a first rounder on him. I simply think Leshoure is the better back and he a projected second rounder.

Also, look at how many times Illinois passed it compared to how often they ran it. 284 passes all season, compared to 619 rushes. And Leshoure by far led the way with 281 carries. Teams KNEW Illinois was going to run it down their throats all game, and Leshoure STILL averaged 6.0 per carry with 17 TD's rushing. Second on the team was Scheelhaase, who had 185 carries. Leshoure led his team in YPC, rushing yards, and TD's. He was the dominant player in that offense. The next highest YPC rusher on that team was Jason Ford, who only ran it 99 times, but still ran it at 4.8 YPC, a full 1.2 ypc behind Leshoure. The numbers are ridiculous considering this is a run heavy offense.

The Illinois offense ran it 2.17 times per every 1 pass play they called. Compared to Alabama. We already saw Leshoure ran 45% of his team's total carries with a 281 total. Ingram ran it 158 times out of 467 carries, only 33.8% of his team's rushes. But he still led his team in carries. Alabama also had 362 pass plays. So they were a much more balanced offense, running the ball only 1.29 times for every pass play. Yet Leshoure was the much better back in terms of YPC and the frequency with which he ran it.

Just digging into the numbers as I did, it's astonishing how successful Leshoure was given all the variables. That's why I wonder a little bit about Ingram, and don't buy into the hype as much. With Leshoure, I think he is a star in waiting.

I even think Ryan Williams and Demarco Murray could be as good or better than Ingram, we'll see.

Ingram is good. But check out Mikel Leshoure. He carried 281 times to Ingram's 158 carries, yet averaged a half yard more than Ingram per carry, was way more consistent, totally carrying the load in that offense, and still dominated, against Big Ten competition (we're not talking cream puff schedule). Leshoure has powerful legs that just drive defenders back. He does not have the knee question mark that Ingram has. Ingram sometimes got only 12 carries in a game this season. You have to wonder why. In a game against Auburn, only 10 carries in a game 'Bama lost by 1 point. You have to think a Heisman Trophy winner would get the ball more in a close game but he didn't. I think that knee is a big question mark and because of that it's buyer beware if you are spending a first rounder on him. I simply think Leshoure is the better back and he a projected second rounder.

I'll have to check him out, thanks Jim.

Yeah I mean I would of loved to have C.J. Spiller in last years draft, he has been nothing but dynamic in Buffalo.

That's kind of a bad example...the Bills suck and don't give him the rock ever. He looked good on special teams as a returner though.

I think he's being sarcastic...

That's kind of a bad example...the Bills suck and don't give him the rock ever. He looked good on special teams as a returner though.

That's a good point....Buffalo has one of the shittiest offensive lines in the league. They couldn't open a hole for a termite.

Mark Ingram is heading up a weak RB class this year and reeks of Ron Dayne potential.

I'd rather get help for the offensive line before Kareem McKenzie's back gives out, Seubert making another miraculous recovery, the undersized O'Hara coming back after an injury riddled season. Of course there is the possibility this year much like every year the Giants draft the next reincarnation of Walter Jones to move the stalwart David Diehl back to guard. I know many of you are still holding out for William Beatty moving into the spot since we've given up on Guy Whimper.

Mark Ingram is heading up a weak RB class this year and reeks of Ron Dayne potential.

I'd rather get help for the offensive line before Kareem McKenzie's back gives out, Seubert making another miraculous recovery, the undersized O'Hara coming back after an injury riddled season. Of course there is the possibility this year much like every year the Giants draft the next reincarnation of Walter Jones to move the stalwart David Diehl back to guard. I know many of you are still holding out for William Beatty moving into the spot since we've given up on Guy Whimper.

Pouncey would make the most sense, then.

Yes, and that's why we have Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs instead of having Adrian Peterson or ChrisJohnson. :facepalm:

it's not perfect but we were 6th in the league in rushing last year with 2 guys who were drafted on day 2.