SportsWrath

Mark Ingram would be worth it

JMFP

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1623793

He could be sitting there at #16.

5-10, 215, Alabama....2009 Heisman winner, 1600+ yards and a national championship.....he's from a great program, used to playing big games against the best competition in the NCAA.....he'd come out of the gate ready for the NFL.

Had to scope his knee in 2010....but still rushed for 5.6 yards per carry against the SEC defenses.

Supposed to be an incredible inside runner, good blocker, good receiver. Not the fastest, but tremendous vision and hits the line fast and hard with no bullshit in between....and he has ball security (not sure what that means, I can't recall seeing that since Rodney Hampton).

Holds the single season rushing record, and career TD record.....at fucking Alabama.

As much as I want a linebacker, this kid could be a true stud.

Plus, his old man was a Giant....if we drafted him, he'd play like a madman.

http://www.cbssports...players/1623793

He could be sitting there at #16.

5-10, 215, Alabama....2009 Heisman winner, 1600+ yards and a national championship.....he's from a great program, used to playing big games against the best competition in the NCAA.....he'd come out of the gate ready for the NFL.

Had to scope his knee in 2010....but still rushed for 5.6 yards per carry against the SEC defenses.

Supposed to be an incredible inside runner, good blocker, good receiver. Not the fastest, but tremendous vision and hits the line fast and hard with no bullshit in between....and he has ball security (not sure what that means, I can't recall seeing that since Rodney Hampton).

Holds the single season rushing record, and career TD record.....at fucking Alabama.

As much as I want a linebacker, this kid could be a true stud.

Plus, his old man was a Giant....if we drafted him, he'd play like a madman.

i was going to try to compare him to ron dayne- but dayne was 5'10, 260!!! what were we thinkin?

anyway, our history of drafting RB's in the first round is a legacy of failure.

rb's are such a dime a dozen these days, i'd hate to use a 1st round pick on one

I hear what you're saying....but this kid could be the next Adrian Peterson.

One might argue we were one 3rd down conversion away from winning the NFC East.

rb's are such a dime a dozen these days, i'd hate to use a 1st round pick on one

Yes, and that's why we have Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs instead of having Adrian Peterson or ChrisJohnson. :facepalm:

I hear what you're saying....but this kid could be the next Adrian Peterson.

One might argue we were one 3rd down conversion away from winning the NFC East.

he is not even in the same league has Adrian Peterson, no thanks. He is not even the best pro prospect at RB on Alabama's roster. We can get a better prospect in round two in Mikel Leshoure

That's far from a dime a dozen. :confused::rolleyes:

Actually out of the top five RBs in the league per rushing yards, only one of them is a first round pick that being Chris Johnson and Turner being the lowest at a 5th round pick.

Inside the top ten there are only four first round running backs with Bradshaw holding down the #8 spot.

Actually out of the top five RBs in the league per rushing yards, only one of them is a first round pick that being Chris Johnson and Turner being the lowest at a 5th round pick.

Inside the top ten there are only four first round running backs with Bradshaw holding down the #8 spot.

I'm not saying they'd have to be 1st round but top 3 rounds, definitely. I think there's a definite drop off in talent level at the position in rounds 4-7....ya, you'll get guys like Jacobs and Bradshaw who are good, but not great and each have glaring flaws in their games. Bradshaw's is a tendency to wear down at the end of the season and fumbling. Jacobs is his inability to move the pile and being the least graceful running back to ever grace the field.

Looking at mock drafts we would need to trade up into the top 10 for him.

Using the whole "point" chart that I dont know how to was formulated we are looking at quite a few picks to even trade up to get him. I'm talking first and second this year followed by a first next year.

Looking at mock drafts we would need to trade up into the top 10 for him.

Using the whole "point" chart that I dont know how to was formulated we are looking at quite a few picks to even trade up to get him. I'm talking first and second this year followed by a first next year.

Giants draft #19....he could still be on the board by #15-16....who knows, he might fall farther.

Could be Akeem Ayers (OLB) might be around too.

I'm not saying they'd have to be 1st round but top 3 rounds, definitely. I think there's a definite drop off in talent level at the position in rounds 4-7....ya, you'll get guys like Jacobs and Bradshaw who are good, but not great and each have glaring flaws in their games. Bradshaw's is a tendency to wear down at the end of the season and fumbling. Jacobs is his inability to move the pile and being the least graceful running back to ever grace the field.

Yeah I mean I would of loved to have C.J. Spiller in last years draft, he has been nothing but dynamic in Buffalo.