SportsWrath

This Forum is Becoming too Negative

fringe

One of the reasons I don't go on the SF Giants board is because most of the regulars there are extremely negative. Even after they won the World Series, the comments were mostly of a negative nature.

Criticizing your team is one thing. Finding fault with everything they do and not conceding that there are 31 other teams trying to win as well is just ridiculous to me. Are you really even a Giants fan or are you more like Italian Hotdog, a poster just here to dwell on the negatives of the team?

DFNG, whom I respect as an Eagles Fan found fault with his team for their perceived sellout on the Michael Vick issue. So he didn't outwardly root for them- I respect that more than the second guessing about every facet.

My expectations for the 2010 season were fairly low. I didn't think the Giants could repair a defense that seemed lost in '09. And I thought the offense would need to take a lot of chances to keep them in the game. They exceeded my expectations.

But that's not the point of this. The point is, stop being so damn negative. I think that was the point. I sipped more wine since the beginning of this post.

Also, stop picking on Jack so much. He's a Giants fan. giants.gif

I think most of us... or collectively have it right. Let's face it.. the NFC was wide open and we simply choked. The overwhelming sentiment is this was a weird year.. Eli's stats .. injuries.. ect.

No worries about Jack. I defend him all the time... just like I defend BadEgg... yep that's right I :flex:

i kind of agree with nas. im usually not too pissed off after coming up short but the nfc was wide open and it feels like we blew an opportunity whereas other years we know the giants would've probably lost to one of the byes even if they won the opening round.

10-6 is a good record but we had a shitload of talent playing golf in january

One of the reasons I don't go on the SF Giants board is because most of the regulars there are extremely negative. Even after they won the World Series, the comments were mostly of a negative nature.

Criticizing your team is one thing. Finding fault with everything they do and not conceding that there are 31 other teams trying to win as well is just ridiculous to me. Are you really even a Giants fan or are you more like Italian Hotdog, a poster just here to dwell on the negatives of the team?

DFNG, whom I respect as an Eagles Fan found fault with his team for their perceived sellout on the Michael Vick issue. So he didn't outwardly root for them- I respect that more than the second guessing about every facet.

My expectations for the 2010 season were fairly low. I didn't think the Giants could repair a defense that seemed lost in '09. And I thought the offense would need to take a lot of chances to keep them in the game. They exceeded my expectations.

But that's not the point of this. The point is, stop being so damn negative. I think that was the point. I sipped more wine since the beginning of this post.

Also, stop picking on Jack so much. He's a Giants fan. giants.gif

This thread fucking sucks. Man, has this place gone downhill. Back in the day, we used to get good threads out of blunatic but now we're stuck with shit like this. That's it, I'm starting my own message board, and I'm calling it "GiantDicks.com." It's only for people who like the Giants, and have huge penises. Sassy Sarah is my mod. :TU:

All joking aside though, blu, it's tough to feel good about your team when they fucked the dog like this one did. As Nas said, we had everything lined up and just had ANOTHER late-season collapse. I hate to say it, but Super Bowl aside, that seems to be the staple of the Coughlin regime... either we win the Super Bowl, or we royally fuck up the last eight games of the season en route to a first-round playoff loss to the Eagles or Panthers. Hell, if the Eagles had made the playoffs in '07 we probably don't get that ring... they just have our number.

This place seems negative now since the end of the season sucked ass for us as fans, however, after we won the Super Bowl it was the exact opposite... the Giants were a dynasty, we were bound to repeat, we were the next Patriots and in the next five years we'd have two more rings. It's always hot and cold when you're a Giants fan.

This thread fucking sucks. Man, has this place gone downhill. Back in the day, we used to get good threads out of blunatic but now we're stuck with shit like this. That's it, I'm starting my own message board, and I'm calling it "GiantDicks.com." It's only for people who like the Giants, and have huge penises. Sassy Sarah is my mod. :TU:

All joking aside though, blu, it's tough to feel good about your team when they fucked the dog like this one did. As Nas said, we had everything lined up and just had ANOTHER late-season collapse. I hate to say it, but Super Bowl aside, that seems to be the staple of the Coughlin regime... either we win the Super Bowl, or we royally fuck up the last eight games of the season en route to a first-round playoff loss to the Eagles or Panthers. Hell, if the Eagles had made the playoffs in '07 we probably don't get that ring... they just have our number.

This place seems negative now since the end of the season sucked ass for us as fans, however, after we won the Super Bowl it was the exact opposite... the Giants were a dynasty, we were bound to repeat, we were the next Patriots and in the next five years we'd have two more rings. It's always hot and cold when you're a Giants fan.

Seph- go break another computer, will ya?

I'm not saying you should feel good about last season- the giants did let it get away at the end- even if getting there was a surprise (to me) in the first place. But a lot of guys played well and a lot of things were fixed. Even the guys that didn't have a great year, doesn't mean they suck.

I am as guilty as anyone of the negativity

my apologies for that

BUT we are not going to get better thinking everything is "Hunky Dorry"

obviously its not

something is rotten in Denmark. I don't think I could have been any more clear about what I think the problem

was

timid stubborn leadership for starters

shuffling the best performing O-line in the league right before the Packers game was incredible

not preparing for Andy Reid's Bi-annual bag of tricks was the another

The team is rudderless, at the top and in the field........no leadership, no accountability, a leadership vacumn

until that changes or some on the field leader emerge, man the bunkers :rolleyes::freaked:

Having said all that I look forward to another Lombardi Run.......I live and die with the NY Giants, whoever is in charge.......Ossama Bin Laden could own the team and I'd still root for them

my apologies for that

obviously its not

something is rotten in Denmark. I don't think I could have been any more clear about what I think the problem

was

shuffling the best performing O-line in the league right before the Packers game was incredible

The team is rudderless, at the top and in the field........no leadership, no accountability, a leadership vacumn

until that changes or some on the field leader emerge, man the bunkers :rolleyes::freaked:

Having said all that I look forward to another Lombardi Run.......I live and die with the NY Giants, whoever is in charge.......Ossama Bin Laden could own the team and I'd still root for them

You're always on message, Jack :TU:

my apologies for that

obviously its not

was

actually we are not going to get better or worse by anything we do. we could all be happy or all be mad and that has no effect on how the team is gonna perform.

and newsflash, complaining about tom coughlin in EVERY SINGLE THREAD isn't going to make him go away.

actually we are not going to get better or worse by anything we do. we could all be happy or all be mad and that has no effect on how the team is gonna perform.

and newsflash, complaining about tom coughlin in EVERY SINGLE THREAD isn't going to make him go away.

Not true. I forward all of Jack's posts to Tom's personal email.

At the end of the season I was really down on the Giants. Just the way they played down the stretch really chapped my ass. I thought we really gave away the season.... wasting a season where I believe we had the most talented team the Giants have had in years... even 2007. Some of the players even said that during the season, that this team was more talented than the Super Bowl team... so I don't get how they let this season slip away without even a playoff berth, and I have to pin that on the coaches, because I saw too many times the lack of adjustments, the poor game planning, and game management bite us hard.... particularly with Gilbride but also Fewell in a couple of games.

But now I'm looking ahead to 2011 season if there is one. I am pessimistic that the CBA is going to get done without some type of work stoppage. The two sides seem to be really far apart.

But I'm still looking forward to the draft, and looking forward to a great year next year. I still think we can bring back a really tough team to beat, and I'm looking forward to a season where I hope Eli will come out with a chip on his shoulder to rebound from 2010. Plus, Osi is in a contract year, and I think he's going to put up at least the 11.5 sacks he did this past season, and JPP is going to get more time.

We need to get lucky with the health of some of our key guys, and if we can do that, this team can go a long way.

I think alot of my negativity was just due to the way the Giants ended the season.....the meltdown against Philly, followed by the blowout against Green Bay.

But, there is always next year, and the team has talent and depth.

I'd like to think new dawn, new day etc etc but until this team proves it has some leadership and consistency I think we are doomed

When you see how finely tuned some of those playoff teams were..........then you look at our sloppy play its dis-heartening

I'd rather have a 2-14 year to re-build on (new coaches, new roster) than these mediocre years where these guys are just preserving their paychecks and nothing changes

I'd like to think new dawn, new day etc etc but until this team proves it has some leadership and consistency I think we are doomed

When you see how finely tuned some of those playoff teams were..........then you look at our sloppy play its dis-heartening

I'd rather have a 2-14 year to re-build on (new coaches, new roster) than these mediocre years where these guys are just preserving their paychecks and nothing changes

Jack, it's a lot harder to get better when you are 2-14. The Giants don't need much to be a contender. Hell, they were 8 minutes away from a division title and probably a 1st week bye.

This team needs to get some bodies back on the offensive line, and we need a true pureblooded impact linebacker....not some reach, hybrid, or conversion project.

Plus a dependable, prototypical runningback with hands.....somoewhere in the NCAA, there's another Ray Rice.