SportsWrath

Phil Simms Threatens To Fight Desmond Howard

The P

phil-simms1.jpgdes-how.jpg

This might fall more under the category of college football because Desmond Howard is a college “analyst” for ESPN, but the situation does involve former NFL quarterback Phil Simms, now a CBS analyst, and Howard, a former Super Bowl M.V.P. So we’ll post it.

On Saturday afternoon, Howard posted a series of tweets detailing a recent encounter with Simms which allegedly ended with Simms threatening to punch Howard.

“At NFL Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC,” Howard tweeted. “I told (Phil) ‘LET’S GO.’”

Simms’ son, Matt, lost his starting job in 2010 to true freshman Tyler Bray at Tennessee. So apparently Desmond’s analysis was spot-on.

“I am DEAD serious about the Phil Simms thing,” added Howard. “We all thought he was joking, but he kept going and said he wanted 2 take a swing at me!!

“During the season we talked about the Tenn v LSU game and I said ‘u will see 3 of the worse QBs in the SEC’ That’s what Phil did not like.

“It ended w/police stepping in between so I could continue my appearance w/fans.”

Phil Simms is about 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, while Howard is around 5-foot-10 and 185. Simms might not have been right to threaten Howard physically, but if the two do come to blows our money is on Howard getting the “worse” of it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/05/phil-simms-threatens-to-punch-desmond-howard/

:LMAO:

There was a more tactful way both of those gentleman could have handled that. No reason for Howard to say that to Simms face, but Simms could have just asked Howard how it felt to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history....one of the worst top 4 picks in recent memory.....seriously.

Dont get me wrong Howard was bad but there have been alot more worst draft busts in the past 10 years, atleast Howard helped win a SB title.

He was a Heisman Trophy winner who did absolutely nothing in his career as the 4th pick in the draft. He has absolutely no right to say anything about Simms son when he was a pretty terrible player himself

From Phil Simms (via CBS Sports):

"Desmond and I were having a private conversation that became heated. But at no time was there ever a chance of any physical confrontation, or that I felt the police officer assigned to me by the event planners for my appearance needed to separate the two of us."

I wouldn't call winning a superbowl mvp doing "absolutely nothing" in his career. in a season where he also set a record for most punt return yards.

He averaged 150 yards receiving a season. Less than a touchdown receiving a season. Less than 12 catches a season. Please. Those are Sinorice Moss stats. He is still a big time bust despite playing 1 good game.

He averaged 150 yards receiving a season. Less than a touchdown receiving a season. Less than 12 catches a season. Please. Those are Sinorice Moss stats. He is still a big time bust despite playing 1 good game.

still, being a super bowl mvp and that season is enough for me to say he didn't do "absolutely nothing" in his career.

sure hes a big time bust, but he did more than absolutely nothing.

He was a Heisman Trophy winner who did absolutely nothing in his career as the 4th pick in the draft. He has absolutely no right to say anything about Simms son when he was a pretty terrible player himself

Sounds alot like Ron Dayne heh.

Like I said he was a bust but there have been alot worse then him and I mean alot worse.

Like Pdoub has said he has atleast won a SB in his career and set (at the time) punt and kick return records not to mention did atleast help the Green Bay packers that season in getting to and winning a SB. Sure maybe the rest of his career he didnt do anything but for one season he helped a team get to the ultimate goal in football and win it.

What he said between Simms was unfortunate but whatever it sounds like it's all blown over now anyways.

I've met Phil Simms twice at charity functions.

As much as it pains me to say it, the guy is a douche.

that may well be- most star athletes are. but, his son has taken a lot of unnecessary crap and he has a right as a father to stick up for him.

and howard was a huge bust as a receiver. and no one cares about him now.