SportsWrath

Spags on WFAN right now

Lubeck

And what did he say?

I didn't catch all of it but the couple things that stick in my mind were that the first time the team felt like it was going to the Super Bowl was in the second half of the Cowboys game, and that during the final drive of the Super Bowl he asked his linemen if they felt they could get pressure with just the four of them, they said yes, so thats how he played it. He does that often with his Rams players as well looking for lots of input from them, asking who on the other teams Oline they feel they can get through and then focus his attention there.

I heard him on Mad Dog. It was less Giants specific. The Rams have a tough schedule next year. Steelers, Packers, and the NFC east.

He sounds like an up and coming coach.

Well he has a good young QB which is pretty much the prerequisite of any rebuilding franchise. But yeah the overall feeling I got from his interview with Fatseca was he was confident in his approach, felt he had the components to build on, and understood the realities of a rebuilding a franchise.

Well he has a good young QB which is pretty much the prerequisite of any rebuilding franchise. But yeah the overall feeling I got from his interview with Fatseca was he was confident in his approach, felt he had the components to build on, and understood the realities of a rebuilding a franchise.

Good OL and DL as well. He's got the foundations but that schedule.. woah. they have to almost sweep in the division to have a good shot at the playoffs.

I don't blame him for jumping ship at the opportunity of a head coaching position. Just hope he can hold on to it because IMO, he jumped too early and could have used another two years of seasoning under Coughlin. He did a great job here, he'll get better over there.