SportsWrath

Harris, Woodley and Greenway....oh my

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

What are the chances the Giants can grab one of these linebackers? Pittsburgh would'nt be dumb enough to not re-sign Woodley. I doubt the Vikes let Greenway go. But I have a strong feeling that the Jets will not be re-signing Harris. What do you guys think? Is it time to pay up or do we hold fast and hope we get a great prospect in the draft?

Greenway is the only one i think can upgrade OUR 4-3 scheme!!!! JR. send over hookers, drugs, anything.. make it Happen!!!!.. i can't trust us getting any good LB in the draft that can turn the team around in a year. Those LBs only comes once every 5 years.. like Patrick Willis...

Harris and Greenway are the only legit options. Woodley is a 3-4 backer only.

I don't see the Vikings letting Greenway walk, especally with an aging Leber.

He might want a really big pay day though which could lure him away from the Vikings.

The Vikings have some big decisions to make... they have a few players that are heading into free agency that will command a lot of money to resign.

Tavaris Jackson

Sidney Rice

Ray Edwards (starting DE)

Pat Williams (1/2 of the Williams Wall, but he is 37 y/o)

Ben Leber (starting WLBer)

Lito Sheppard

Ryan Longwell

These are all guys other than Greenway who you would think they might want to re-sign. Although Pat Williams I think they are going to let go because of his age. You have to think they will want to keep Sidney Rice and he won't be cheap. Ray Edwards had 8 sacks this year. Sheppard had a very down year and had no INTs. Leber is a starter but not a huge impact player. Are they going to have Jackson as the starter going into next season... that is a big question. Still, out of all these guys I think they will make signing Greenway the top priority, or right behind Sidney Rice.

Guest StrahansGap

The Vikings have some big decisions to make... they have a few players that are heading into free agency that will command a lot of money to resign.

Tavaris Jackson

Sidney Rice

Ray Edwards (starting DE)

Pat Williams (1/2 of the Williams Wall, but he is 37 y/o)

Ben Leber (starting WLBer)

Lito Sheppard

Ryan Longwell

These are all guys other than Greenway who you would think they might want to re-sign. Although Pat Williams I think they are going to let go because of his age. You have to think they will want to keep Sidney Rice and he won't be cheap. Ray Edwards had 8 sacks this year. Sheppard had a very down year and had no INTs. Leber is a starter but not a huge impact player. Are they going to have Jackson as the starter going into next season... that is a big question. Still, out of all these guys I think they will make signing Greenway the top priority, or right behind Sidney Rice.

And don't forget about the dreaded "franchise tag". Most likely it will go to Rice (if his health is good). If not, you can bet your bottom dollar that Greenway gets tagged. Then the Giants would most certainly stay far away.

This is definitely a good FA class across the board, should be a good offseason(which is why the new CBA need to get done!). Woodley is a 3-4 guy and no way is he leaving Pittsburgh. Harris can play either scheme and might be an option, and the Jets have a ton of moves to make this offseason. Greenway could be had, and I would love to see him play SLB for us. We also have great options elsewhere, especially if we are looking for a MLB. Stephen Tulloch or Barrett Ruud, either of those MLB's would be great and both are a perfect fit in the Tampa 2. Paul Posloszny might also be a great option, he struggled in the Bills transition to the 3-4 but was still there best LB. Only caution I see there is has a history of injury. This free agent class for LB's overall is pretty good, and I am sure Reese will be shopping. We also need to draft a LB, someone like Mason Foster out Washington in the third round.

This is definitely a good FA class across the board, should be a good offseason(which is why the new CBA need to get done!). Woodley is a 3-4 guy and no way is he leaving Pittsburgh. Harris can play either scheme and might be an option, and the Jets have a ton of moves to make this offseason. Greenway could be had, and I would love to see him play SLB for us. We also have great options elsewhere, especially if we are looking for a MLB. Stephen Tulloch or Barrett Ruud, either of those MLB's would be great and both are a perfect fit in the Tampa 2. Paul Posloszny might also be a great option, he struggled in the Bills transition to the 3-4 but was still there best LB. Only caution I see there is has a history of injury. This free agent class for LB's overall is pretty good, and I am sure Reese will be shopping. We also need to draft a LB, someone like Mason Foster out Washington in the third round.

I live in Tampa and a lot of fans around here hate Ruud because he is a liability in coverage. I love David Harris and Tulloch is a great option as well.

First things first. Let's throw some money at any of these guys:

2010 NFL Free Agent Kickers and Punters

By: Roshan BhagatPunters:

Adam Podlesh (JAC) – Though Podlesh hasn’t boomed a lot of his punts, he does a good job with hang time and limiting return yardage on the back end, putting him in the top 10 of net punting. He’s a nice young punter who should continue to punt at a high level.

Sam Koch (BAL) – Koch has been a nice consistent punter who has improved on his work pinning the ball inside the 20.

Daniel Sepulveda (PIT) – Sepulveda has a strong leg and should be a top 10 punter for the next decade. He wasn’t great pinning teams in the 20, but his net hasn’t suffered as a result

I said it in another thread a while back, and I'll say it again....Fewell will make a play for Paul Posloszny. He drafted him, he'll want him in free agency.

First things first. Let's throw some money at any of these guys:

2010 NFL Free Agent Kickers and Punters

By: Roshan BhagatPunters:

Adam Podlesh (JAC) – Though Podlesh hasn’t boomed a lot of his punts, he does a good job with hang time and limiting return yardage on the back end, putting him in the top 10 of net punting. He’s a nice young punter who should continue to punt at a high level.

Sam Koch (BAL) – Koch has been a nice consistent punter who has improved on his work pinning the ball inside the 20.

Daniel Sepulveda (PIT) – Sepulveda has a strong leg and should be a top 10 punter for the next decade. He wasn’t great pinning teams in the 20, but his net hasn’t suffered as a result

Yo, Reese! Sign A-Pod, ASAP.

I live in Tampa and a lot of fans around here hate Ruud because he is a liability in coverage. I love David Harris and Tulloch is a great option as well.

Ruud has been in Morris's doghouse has well.I don't think he is awful in coverage, he has had 4 pdef over the past year and 120 tackles.The year before he had 7 pdef and 142 tackles with 2 picks. Still He could be better I have seen TE's matchup well against him.

Ruud has been in Morris's doghouse has well.I don't think he is awful in coverage, he has had 4 pdef over the past year and 120 tackles.The year before he had 7 pdef and 142 tackles with 2 picks. Still He could be better I have seen TE's matchup well against him.

Another criticism I've heard about him is that when he tackles the ball carrier to often they fall forward... that he doesn't stop their forward momentum. Anyway, I really liked the guy until I heard so many Tampa fans trash him.

But you know what... at least he makes a lot of tackles. That tells me he beats his blocks and he gets to the play. He's not first on my list but I wouldn't rule him out either.

ummmm here's a crazy idea. JR finds out if there's any QB in the draft that they like.... draft that QB + something else and do a sign and trade for Greenwayyyyy.... ahh i really need to stop drinking..

lol, I was wondering what the hell you're smoking.