SportsWrath

Hmm this is complicated

Tempest

Thats the last thing the owners want.

This assumes that they are intentionally misrepresenting the facts for personal advantage. I am not quite sure how this is possible?

The TV deals are a matter of public record.

The Ticket Prices are a matter of public record

Various Concessions can certainly be estimated and probably nailed down through the annual reports of companies that buy and run same.

Merchandising? again, I would maintain that this could be pretty accurately modeled if not nailed through the annual reports of rebok etc.

This assumes that they are intentionally misrepresenting the facts for personal advantage. I am not quite sure how this is possible?

The TV deals are a matter of public record.

The Ticket Prices are a matter of public record

Various Concessions can certainly be estimated and probably nailed down through the annual reports of companies that buy and run same.

Merchandising? again, I would maintain that this could be pretty accurately modeled if not nailed through the annual reports of rebok etc.

I'm not sure either. But if they're crying poor yet do all they can to keep the books closed (even though you're right, it shouldn't be that hard to get a ball park figure), then what other conclusion could we draw except they are intentionally misrepresenting facts for personal advantage. But why would anyone be surprised, it happens all the time.

I'm not sure either. But if they're crying poor yet do all they can to keep the books closed (even though you're right, it shouldn't be that hard to get a ball park figure), then what other conclusion could we draw except they are intentionally misrepresenting facts for personal advantage. But why would anyone be surprised, it happens all the time.

There are any number of reasons why you might not want people to have access to your books, not the least of which is that any decent lawyer or tax accountant would tell you that you where absolutely nuts to do so regardless of whether or not you believe you have something to hide.

You don't open the pond for fishing until the courts force you to. plain and simple.

There are any number of reasons why you might not want people to have access to your books, not the least of which is that any decent lawyer or tax accountant would tell you that you where absolutely nuts to do so regardless of whether or not you believe you have something to hide.

You don't open the pond for fishing until the courts force you to. plain and simple.

Well, giving them a team or two would do exactly that. If the NFLPA's expectations are unrealistic then opening the books would be a hell of a lot cheaper than donating an entire franchise.