SportsWrath

Cam Newton

Guest StrahansGap

I think I will wake up every morning between now and the draft and pray the skins take this guy.

Jason Cambell redux

I could see Cam Newton fever spreading in this draft and him jumping Blaine Gabbert on some draft boards. I think Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker might be the 2 best QB's in the draft (give me Mallet as the star out of this group), but similar to how Tebow fever swept McDaniels up last year, I can see it happening again with Arizona taking Newton at #5, or even, dare I say, the Buffalo Bills at #3.

I do think Newton will be dangerous in the NFL. He played the toughest competition in college football at the toughest position and ran the table, putting up historic numbers. 48 touchdowns is just unheard of. It is this reason that I believe Newton is going to jump up draft boards by the time April 28th rolls around.

All this being said, as a GM I prefer a cerebral QB with tremendous accuracy over a QB who relies on athleticism. To me, Peyton is the prototype. That said, if you can get the good decision maker who looks to pass first, and is very accurate but also has athleticism, then you have the new prototype (Aaron Rodgers). So as a GM, I wouldn't want Newton, as I think accuracy is going to be an issue. But as a Giant fan, I don't want him going to the Redskins.

I could see Cam Newton fever spreading in this draft and him jumping Blaine Gabbert on some draft boards. I think Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker might be the 2 best QB's in the draft (give me Mallet as the star out of this group), but similar to how Tebow fever swept McDaniels up last year, I can see it happening again with Arizona taking Newton at #5, or even, dare I say, the Buffalo Bills at #3.

I do think Newton will be dangerous in the NFL. He played the toughest competition in college football at the toughest position and ran the table, putting up historic numbers. 48 touchdowns is just unheard of. It is this reason that I believe Newton is going to jump up draft boards by the time April 28th rolls around.

All this being said, as a GM I prefer a cerebral QB with tremendous accuracy over a QB who relies on athleticism. To me, Peyton is the prototype. That said, if you can get the good decision maker who looks to pass first, and is very accurate but also has athleticism, then you have the new prototype (Aaron Rodgers). So as a GM, I wouldn't want Newton, as I think accuracy is going to be an issue. But as a Giant fan, I don't want him going to the Redskins.

I see Buffalo taking Gabbert at 3, I personally like Gabbert. I think Ryan Mallet is overrated, he can make all the throws but he can not read defenses and he's a statue in the pocket. He looked horrible against Ohio St and I think that dropped his stock significantly. Newton reminds me alot of Vince Young, he might be a product of Auburn's offense who used alot of bubble screens and ran alot of a spread style offense, usually having 4 receivers just run seam routes and he had his pick of the open guy. The reason I say Vince Young is because, I seen a few times where Newton looked a little spaced out on the sideline, head not in the game. Some scouts say he might be more Josh Freeman though, I think Freeman is one of the best young QB's in the game. I think Newton is little less accurate and intelligent then Freeman. At least comparing the two coming out of college. Also Newton played behind a very experienced oline that gave him tons of time and opened monster holes, he might not have that much time in the NFL. Still I think he could grow into something maybe somewhere in between Young and Freeman. I see Newton going 15th overall to Miami, he would fit the offense and have some talent around him with Marshall and Bess and Hartline. They have a pretty solid Oline besides RT and could lose both Ricky and Ronnie. They probably will find a replacement at RB through draft of free agency. Plus Miami is the sort of team that will overlook Newton's character issues.

mcnabb will not be back to that clown college. he's going to SF- (same circus, different clowns)

or Minnesota. I have no idea why the Vikings are not moving forward with Joe Webb either. The have no desire to watch a QB grow and would rather bring in washed up vets for a year or two. The perfect fit