SportsWrath

NY Giants officially terminate contract with DT Kenderick Allen...

Guest Floyd The Barber

you and I, to date, dating back to giants.com have yet to engage in a football related discussion...historically, i post something of grave Giant nature, and you come in and post something about mens bathrooms, genitals or male on male relationships...

so again, i ask you, bring something of football relevance to the boards...you are a know-nothing

There really is no point discussing Giants FB with you. Your schtick is to bash the Giants and try to enrage their fans. Why would someone want to discuss the Giants with you when you will never be serious about it? It's not about the Giants for you, it's about you and your schtick.

Guest Floyd The Barber
There really is no point discussing Giants FB with you. Your schtick is to bash the Giants and try to enrage their fans. Why would someone want to discuss the Giants with you when you will never be serious about it? It's not about the Giants for you, it's about you and your schtick.

if dealing in facts, and giving you the skinny without sugar enrages you tulips, you should then stop watching professional football...

the hordes of you fans are content with mediocracy, when i PROBABLY speak for a small few who wont settle until a series of championships are established and football is played in NY the way it is intended to be played...

Thanks for hitting the nail on the head. Floyd and his gay cronies post the same, negative Shockey/Plax/Joseph/EA/Eli bashing crap every day, yet we are the bad fans. That logic escapes me. Thanks for crystalizing how most posters here feel about the FAG 4. :TU::clap:

if dealing in facts, and giving you the skinny without sugar enrages you tulips, you should then stop watching professional football...

the hordes of you fans are content with mediocracy, when i PROBABLY speak for a small few who wont settle until a series of championships are established and football is played in NY the way it is intended to be played...

What bull shit.

Seriously, isn't there more important things to worry about?

IMO Damane Ducket can and will be better than Kenderick Allen. Ducket just needs more playing time and experience. He has a tendency of standing too tall when engaged, but that can be fixed. Giants can just draft one or two DT's and probably sign one or two and have a huge competition. The Giants will be fine. This team is on the way up.

IMO Damane Ducket can and will be better than Kenderick Allen. Ducket just needs more playing time and experience. He has a tendency of standing too tall when engaged, but that can be fixed. Giants can just draft one or two DT's and probably sign one or two and have a huge competition. The Giants will be fine. This team is on the way up.

i agree but the LB position is in emergency mode right now...

someone posted that Noble from wash was on the board I say sign him!

i agree but the LB position is in emergency mode right now...

someone posted that Noble from wash was on the board I say sign him!

I say don't sign Noble. He gets hurt more often than Shockey. He hasn't been good since the Skins signed him as a FA. Better off with anyone else.

I say don't sign Noble. He gets hurt more often than Shockey. He hasn't been good since the Skins signed him as a FA. Better off with anyone else.

Yeah i didn;t realize that he did't play last year...

I guess i'm living off his Dallas years... didn't he have 4 sack and 3 ints one year.

and on the interior line IMO thats pretty good..

Guest Floyd The Barber

the battle-cry of the un-informed...heck, the Giants will be fine...we dont need to address a thing...

Guest Floyd The Barber
He said draft two DT's...

I guess you read right over that.........

while drafting multiple DT's and LB's SHOULD BE and MUST BE our priority this season how many step in as rookies at DT and provide much dependability...look how long it has taken our resident underachiever Joseph to learn the play book...it had to be translated from English to Ebonics, to Beep Bop...

while drafting multiple DT's and LB's SHOULD BE and MUST BE our priority this season how many step in as rookies at DT and provide much dependability...look how long it has taken our resident underachiever Joseph to learn the play book...it had to be translated from English to Ebonics, to Beep Bop...

regardless he adrressed the issue in his post.

clancy and kenderick where FA pick ups, I seem to remember you having a problem with Clancey being that he came from Pitt...

with both DE's picking up double digit sacks last year I would say overall the entire D-line played well.

Guest Floyd The Barber
regardless he adrressed the issue in his post.

clancy and kenderick where FA pick ups, I seem to remember you having a problem with Clancey being that he came from Pitt...

with both DE's picking up double digit sacks last year I would say overall the entire D-line played well.

that is a credit to both Strahan and Umenyiora...could you imagine the production if they played aside 1 DT that was a tad dominant ??

it can also be looked at this way, while teams were preoccupied often putting 2 blockers on both DE's, our DT's where left man on man and couldnt beat anyone...whats that say about our DT's for the past several years ??

they are pathetic

that is a credit to both Strahan and Umenyiora...could you imagine the production if they played aside 1 DT that was a tad dominant ??

it can also be looked at this way, while teams were preoccupied often putting 2 blockers on both DE's, our DT's where left man on man and couldnt beat anyone...whats that say about our DT's for the past several years ??

they are pathetic

you cannot have a probowler at every position.

This is not the 70's and 80's....those days are over...

and the DT's did make plays at times last year....

from wash game (BBI):

Defensive Line: It does not get much better than holding the other team to 38 yards rushing and 87 yards passing. Clinton Portis was held to nine yards rushing…NINE!!! And 21 of the 38 rushing yards came on two runs by HB Rock Cartwright late in the game when the Giants were in the prevent mode. There were five sacks and numerous pass pressures. The Redskins did not cross midfield until almost the fourth quarter and only had seven first downs in the game (two in the first half). When the score was 36-0 late in the third quarter, the Redskins had 54 yards of total offense. This was all done without the Giants blitzing all that much.

It is interesting to note that although the Redskins ran only 52 offensive plays, back-ups such as Kenderick Allen, Fred Robbins, and Justin Tuck played a lot (even very early in the game). In fact, Allen may have received more defensive snaps than starter Kendrick Clancy.

The star up front was DE Osi Umenyiora (4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 pass defense, and 1 fumble recovery). While the sacks came late in the game, he was constantly buzzing around QB Mark Brunell for much of the game. Michael Strahan (4 tackles, 1 sack) also had a good game. His sack came against a double-team. Strahan also pressured Brunell quite a bit.

The defensive tackles also played very well. William Joseph had 2 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 pass defense. He also got a number of good pass pressures. Allen (1 tackle and 1 sack) played a lot and helped to gum things up inside. Clancy recovered a fumble. Robbins’ immediate pass pressure on Brunell caused a 13-yard intentional grounding penalty on 3rd-and-10.

Justin Tuck (1 tackle) caused a holding penalty that erased one 8-yard run. Late in the game, when Tuck was sidelined with an ankle injury, newcomer Alonzo Jackson saw some snaps at right end

Its seems we have 2 extreme opinions.

The volatile life of the message boards! :drool:

Its very plain to see that there are holes to fill

at DT and OLB. Now if the giants can fill these

holes and get the execution that they need than

all the grumblings will be forgotten But if its a

case whereby the players that were suppose to fill

those holes cant execute than the Defense has a

problem on their hands.

DT clancy replacement who??? FA than who?

DT ? Fred Robins (starter) if he comes to camp in shape than very posssible

DT William Joseph very inconsistant and not starter quality in my opinion backup

DT Ducket shows flashes and still learning good backup guy

OK we draft a DT which means and investment in the future but not this year!!

LB Pierce is a lock

LB Emmons losing a step and aging

LB Tobor a nose for the ball but still learning

LB Blackburn backup

What FA do we get L. Arrington ?? maybe but unlikely

The Draft: we should get a player who can start as a Rookie

(Carpenter, Simms etc...) still a rookie though and with it comes mistakes

Secondary: Basically a whole new starting unit except for Wilson!

Also a new secondary coach.

I am playing devils advocate here the giants are hardly a lock for

a great Defense this year. THere are some serious questions that

have to be dealt with and could the outcome be very positive?

Yes but it also could be negative as well.

The cohesiveness of the D is rooted in Strahan , OSi and Pierce after those

players we have question marks. and remember its about playing as unit

that matters and there are a few nagging questions here.

No one can deny that unless the rose colored glasses are on! ;)

problem on their hands.

DT William Joseph very inconsistant and not starter quality in my opinion backup

LB Pierce is a lock

LB Blackburn backup

I always have my Giants blue glasses on. ;)

problem on their hands.

LB Pierce is a lock

LB Blackburn backup

Extreme!?

I agree with your 99.9% of your post..

I think your confusing ignorant pessimism with being "extreme"

Here's my take on the Giants thus far, hopefully a bit of compromise so that we can actually discuss these issues.... realistically:

Offense - Pretty much set here. We could definitely use another WR but its not at the top of our priorities. Much of the offense's improvement (if not all of it) lies in the development of Eli Manning. If he plays up to his potential, this offense could be very good. If he flounders back there, teams will be able to key on Tiki and our offense will be good, but not great. As for Plax and Shockey not working out with the team... its not the ideal situation but it is what it is. We're not trading either one of them or cutting them, so we just have to hope that they get plenty of work on their timing w/ Eli during camps. Not an issue worth discussing anymore.

Defense:

Secondary - I think that it's slightly improved from last year. Madison is a definite upgrade over Allen (even if he is a step slower). Losing Will P definitely hurts but the signing of McQuarters and Demps will hopefully offset the loss. Our young secondary players (Webster, Deloach and Bulter) should be much improved with the valuable experience they got last year and they will have a better understanding of the defense heading into training camp. I doubt that the Giants will make any moves to improve this between now and camp. We may add a draftee to the secondary but this will be a player for the future, not this year.

Front 7 - This is the part of our defense that is the most talented as well as the areas of the greatest need.

LB - Pierce is the man at MLB for the next few years. At OSLB we have Torbor and Emmons. Torbor is young and talented but has yet to put it all together. I think he still needs a year or two before he really hits his potential. Emmons is getting old but he's still serviceable at LB. Beyond these guys we have very little depth. Our first draft pick should be a LB (either Carpenter, Greenway or Ryans). Whoever our first round pick is, we should expect them to be a starter from day 1. Also I wouldnt rule out signing Lavar quite yet. While our LB core is very thin at the moment, come training camp we should expect to have added at least 1 quality player that we expect to be a starter.

DE - We have the best DE's in the game. Between Strahan and Osi w/ Tuck backing them up we have it all.

DT - This is arguably our weakest position. While the fab 4 continue to hate on Joseph, he is clearly our DT for now. He has shown that he can play well at times and as the time comes for him to become a FA we can expect him to put forth solid effort and hopefully provide a mainstay at the DT position. I think its clear that EA has at least one more FA signing in him. If we dont get Lavar (which is likely) then we will sign a DT. I think the latest move (cutting Allen who was out of shape and not participating in work outs) hints that we will draft at least one DT. I expect somewhere in rounds 2 or 3. A rotation of Joseph, Free agent and 2nd round draft pick, while it won't be our strongest unit should be servieable and give our LB's and DE's time to make plays.

So while our defense has some clear holes that need to be addressed, come training camp I expect that we will have filled these holes with a FA signing and draft picks. By the time Training camp starts, I think we can expect our defense to look something like this:

DE: Strahan, Osi -- Tuck, Moore

DT: Joseph, Buckner -- Round 2 Pick

LB: Torbor, Pierce, Carpenter -- Blackburn, Emmons

CB: Madison, Webster -- McQuarters, Deloach

S: Gibril, Demps -- Butler

IMO, this defense is much improved from last year and at the very minimum should give our high scoring offense a great opportunity to win every week. I dont see the need for cynicism at this point since there's still a long way to go before the season starts. Signings and draft picks still to come.