SportsWrath

Is it too early to talk free agency?

Nas

I do expect us to drafter a linebacker.. an impact one in the first round... even if we have to trade up. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.. however I also believe the Giants should and will go after a stud LB via free agency... the question is who's available (and for the love of god pretend this is a normal off-season for the sake of this discussion.. thanks)

I do expect us to drafter a linebacker.. an impact one in the first round... even if we have to trade up. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.. however I also believe the Giants should and will go after a stud LB via free agency... the question is who's available (and for the love of god pretend this is a normal off-season for the sake of this discussion.. thanks)

LINK

Chad Greenway (MIN)

Lamarr Woodley (PIT)

Tamba Hali (KC)

David Harris (NYJ)

Stephen Tulloch (TEN)

Paul Posluszny (BUF)

James Anderson (cAR)

Rocky McIntosh (WAS)

Thomas Davis (CAR)

Barrett Ruud (TB)

Takeo Spikes (SF)

Stephen Nicholas (ATL)

Mike Peterson (ATL)

Tavares Gooden (BAL)

Keith Ellison (BUF)

Jamar Williams (CAR)

Pisa Tinoisamoa (CHI)

Nick Roach (CHI)

Dhani Jones (CIN)

Brandon Johnson (CIN)

D'Qwell Jackson (CLE)

Chris Gocong (CLE)

Matt Roth (CLE)

Jason Trusnik (CLE)

Landon Johnson (DET)

Zach Diles (HOU)

Kevin Bentley (HOU)

Clint Session (IND)

Justin Durant (JAC)

Kirk Morrison (JAC)

Mike Vrabel (KC)

Quentin Moses (MIA)

Ben Leber (MIN)

Erin Henderson (MIN)

Tracy White (NE)

Danny Clark (NO)

Scott Shanle (NO)

Chase Blackburn ----------> Jack's head just exploded

Keith Bulluck

Thomas Howard (OAK)

Kamerion Wimbley (OAK)

Stewart Bradley (PHI)

Ernie Sims (PHI)

Omar Gaither(PHI)

Antwan Barnes (SD)

Kevin Burnett (SD)

Stephen Cooper (SD)

Brandon Siler (SD)

Travis LaBoy (SF)

Manny Lawson (SF)

Will Herring (SEA)

Leroy Hill (SEA)

Matt McCoy (SEA)

David Vobora (STL)

Quincy Black (TB)

David Thornton (TEN)

LINK

Chad Greenway (MIN)

Lamarr Woodley (PIT)

Tamba Hali (KC)

David Harris (NYJ)

Stephen Tulloch (TEN)

Paul Posluszny (BUF)

James Anderson (cAR)

Rocky McIntosh (WAS)

Thomas Davis (CAR)

Barrett Ruud (TB)

Takeo Spikes (SF)

Stephen Nicholas (ATL)

Mike Peterson (ATL)

Tavares Gooden (BAL)

Keith Ellison (BUF)

Jamar Williams (CAR)

Pisa Tinoisamoa (CHI)

Nick Roach (CHI)

Dhani Jones (CIN)

Brandon Johnson (CIN)

D'Qwell Jackson (CLE)

Chris Gocong (CLE)

Matt Roth (CLE)

Jason Trusnik (CLE)

Landon Johnson (DET)

Zach Diles (HOU)

Kevin Bentley (HOU)

Clint Session (IND)

Justin Durant (JAC)

Kirk Morrison (JAC)

Mike Vrabel (KC)

Quentin Moses (MIA)

Ben Leber (MIN)

Erin Henderson (MIN)

Tracy White (NE)

Danny Clark (NO)

Scott Shanle (NO)

Chase Blackburn ----------> Jack's head just exploded

Keith Bulluck

Thomas Howard (OAK)

Kamerion Wimbley (OAK)

Stewart Bradley (PHI)

Ernie Sims (PHI)

Omar Gaither(PHI)

Antwan Barnes (SD)

Kevin Burnett (SD)

Stephen Cooper (SD)

Brandon Siler (SD)

Travis LaBoy (SF)

Manny Lawson (SF)

Will Herring (SEA)

Leroy Hill (SEA)

Matt McCoy (SEA)

David Vobora (STL)

Quincy Black (TB)

David Thornton (TEN)

id like chad greenway.

id like chad greenway.

Vikings wont let him go.

Though it would be nice to get him.

Honestly of the guys on the list I want, Greenway, Woodley, Hali, Peterson, Gocong, ect. I cant see any of them being let go by their team, all of them will have nice paying contracts waiting for them.

You want outside or inside LB? I think we need a SAM as first priority as we basically have a Safety playing there now. I'm okay with Boley at WILL and Goff at MIKE, not ecstatic but okay.

I wonder what Cleveland are going to offer D'Qwell Jackson?

You want outside or inside LB? I think we need a SAM as first priority as we basically have a Safety playing there now. I'm okay with Boley at WILL and Goff at MIKE, not ecstatic but okay.

I wonder what Cleveland are going to offer D'Qwell Jackson?

Jackson is who jumped out at me but he hasn't taken a snap in the last 26 regular season games. He's had injuries to both pectorals the last two seasons.

Here's some Outside Linebacker prospects from walterfootball.com

Travis Lewis*, OLB, Oklahoma - Scouting Report

Height: 6-2. Weight: 232.

Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Projected Round (2010): Top 20 Pick.

10/9/10: Lewis is the crown jewel of the 4-3 outside linebacker class. He is a dominant force in his run support and range in coverage. He can play both the strongside and weakside, and this versatility certainly fuels his value. Lewis is a playmaker who will get drafted fairly high.

1/8/10: Travis Lewis had 108 tackles and 9.5 TFL in 2009. Lewis has given no indication that he'll declare as a redshirt sophomore, but he'd probably be the top outside linebacker in the 2010 NFL Draft if he did.

Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina

Height: 6-3. Weight: 225.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

10/9/10: Carter has been a bright spot on the Tar Heel team that has been surrounded with controversey. He's a big-hitting linebacker with great range and athleticism. He'll likely get drafted in the first round - his best fit is as a 4-3 weakside linebacker.

5/9/10: One of many first-round prospects on North Carolina's defense, Bruce Carter collected 65 tackles and 7.5 TFL in 2009.

Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M - Scouting Report

Height: 6-2. Weight: 240.

Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Projected Round (2011): 1-2.

10/8/10: Miller has been battling an injured ankle all season and that's why he hasn't lived up to his preseason billing. However, despite not playing very well, we know he's hurt and this shows how tough he is. Playing through pain is something you will have to do in the NFL and Miller isn't a pansy - we know this now. Once he's healthy, then we can start to fairly evaluate his game. As a 4-3 outside linebacker, Miller projects as a strongside linebacker who can also rush the quarterback. He's a great fit for hybrid schemes.

Akeem Ayers*, OLB, UCLA

Height: 6-4. Weight: 252.

Projected 40 Time: 4.64.

Projected Round (2011): 1-2.

10/8/10: I loved Ayers' game tape against Texas. He can drop in coverage, play the run, and really compete on the field. There is no denying his talent level, but when I watched his game against Washington State he was a little invisible and didn't make his presence felt enough. As a pass-rusher, he is a little overrated - I just haven't seen it yet, but some coach will believe he can be taught.

5/7/10: Akeem Ayers had 12.5 TFL and five sacks as a mere sophomore.

Here's some inside linebackers also from walterfootball.com

Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina

Projected 40 Time: 4.62.

Projected Round (2011): 2.

10/9/10: Sturdivant looks like the top consensus inside linebacker at the moment. He is a hard hitter with adequate range in coverage and good instincts who doesn't miss his gaps.

5/12/10: Quan Sturdivant collected 79 tackles and 12 TFL as a junior.

Chris Marve, ILB, Vanderbilt

Projected Round (2011): 2-4.

10/9/10: Marve is a quick athlete who diagnoses and makes plays. He has shown the ability to cover tight ends in man coverage. He's battling a knee injury at the moment, but should return to his stellar play when healthy.

Dont'a Hightower*, ILB, Alabama

Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.

Projected 40 Time: 4.85.

Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

10/9/10: Hightower is ridiculously overrated right now. I've seen a very slow, sluggish player on tape with no range (though this could be the result of his knee injury). He's always getting to the play late and delivering a big hit at an irrelevant time when he's the second or third player to the ball-carrier. I don't like his lethargic body language or jogging around on the field in the middle of the play. Buyer beware.

5/12/10: Dont'a Hightower is a very talented linebacker, but played only four games in 2009 because of a knee injury that required surgery.

Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU

Height: 6-3. Weight: 239.

Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

10/9/10: Sheppard has gotten a lot of hype this season, but I haven't seen him really produce on tape yet. I think he needs to step it up.

5/12/10: Kelvin Sheppard collected 110 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 2009, and there was speculation that he'd declare for the 2010 NFL Draft.

Anyway, these are some guys to pay attention to at the combine. Right now it's so early to really know who's going to be the stud out of this class, but early returns say that this is not a good draft class for finding a linebacker, particularly in the first round, and especially where we are picking. We'll see. I'd like to see a player that has big time production at a school in a BCS conference, particularly from the SEC, Big 12, PAC-10, or Big 10.

And we can scratch Travis Lewis off the list (kid from Oklahoma) as I just read he's returning for his senior season. I figured he might be the only linebacker worth taking at our spot in the first round at this point. Dayum.

Maybe we could get him cheap then?

I would hope. If he's recovered, I think he's a great gamble, since we're not talking any type of knee, leg, hip, back, or neck injuries. Just some torn pecs? Painful, but I would imagine he would be the same player he was pre-injury.

Back to the draft, with the players that are coming out at linebacker, I wouldn't mind drafting a RB with #19... Mikel Leshoure is a beast from Illinois that dominated the Big Ten this year. He has size and speed and I think he's a safer pick than even Mark Ingram.

Vikings wont let him go.

Honestly of the guys on the list I want, Greenway, Woodley, Hali, Peterson, Gocong, ect. I cant see any of them being let go by their team, all of them will have nice paying contracts waiting for them.

Peterson? Hes 34 years old I don't see him getting a huge payday. They could slide Weatherspoon over to his spot next year.

Vikings wont let him go.

Agreed, especially Woodley. Stewart Bradley would be nice, but like Nem said, hes hurt alot. I wouldnt mind K Morrison either.

Agreed, especially Woodley. Stewart Bradley would be nice, but like Nem said, hes hurt alot. I wouldnt mind K Morrison either.

The three chicks in your avatar can start for us at LB... Boley can hit the bench.