SportsWrath

Dick Jauron could be the best long term option

JMFP

Assuming Fewell goes (and it's clear if not the Broncos, then whoever offers him something), Jauron could be the best long term option.

He's had 2 shots as HC.....that should pretty much do it for him. I highly doubt he'd get a third try.

The highest this dude will get now is DC. Which means, if Fewell leaves and he is hired, we won't have to touch the position again if he does a good job.

Fox is another option, but unless he replaces Coughlin, he'd likely be out the door again (but not as quickly as Spags or Fewell).

Assuming Fewell goes (and it's clear if not the Broncos, then whoever offers him something), Jauron could be the best long term option.

He's had 2 shots as HC.....that should pretty much do it for him. I highly doubt he'd get a third try.

The highest this dude will get now is DC. Which means, if Fewell leaves and he is hired, we won't have to touch the position again if he does a good job.

Fox is another option, but unless he replaces Coughlin, he'd likely be out the door again (but not as quickly as Spags or Fewell).

It's a double-edged sword. You could end up with a Gilbride scenario where you can't get rid of him since TC is so loyal to his assistants... no matter how much he sucks.

If I remember correctly though, Jauron was a fairly competent but not exceptional DC.

It's a double-edged sword. You could end up with a Gilbride scenario where you can't get rid of him since TC is so loyal to his assistants... no matter how much he sucks.

If I remember correctly though, Jauron was a fairly competent but not exceptional DC.

The guy knew what he was doing.....with our personnel, that should be good enough.

Was really hoping we could have gotten Dom Capers....he's doing very well with a Green Bay defense that on paper isn't as scary as the Giants.

Another issue for Jauron is he has all the flair of a ham sandwich.....not sure if the Giants players would really go nuts for him. But he's not a jerk at all.....very mellow dude, and treats his players like adults.....so could be okay.

Another issue for Jauron is he has all the flair of a ham sandwich.....not sure if the Giants players would really go nuts for him. But he's not a jerk at all.....very mellow dude, and treats his players like adults.....so could be okay.

lol, not a ringing endorsement, joe! remind me not to have you read my eulogy. wink.gif

lol, not a ringing endorsement, joe! remind me not to have you read my eulogy. wink.gif

I remember Blu. Uh, yeah.

He was okay....certainly not the best, but not an asshole like some of the guys here.

Anyway, whatever.