SportsWrath

Chad Jones

Lughead

So do we compensation for him this year in the draft or No? If yes is it in the 3rd round (the round we took Jones in last year) If it comes out after the draft that he can no longer play football (just saying) how do we recover that pick do we wait till 2012 draft or do we get awarded some scrub?

I'm not sure on this but I doubt we will get any sort of compensation for him at all.

He was critically injured in a non football related accident and the only way I know of, of a team getting rewarded compensation picks is when they have multiple players leave in FA or retirement.

I don't think Atlanta got any compensation after Vick got booted out of the league, and wasn't he the highest-paid player in the league at the time? I doubt we get anything for Jones.

Like Blue said I think comp picks are only there to balance out FA signings.

I don't think Atlanta got any compensation after Vick got booted out of the league, and wasn't he the highest-paid player in the league at the time? I doubt we get anything for Jones.

Like Blue said I think comp picks are only there to balance out FA signings.

Well, to be fair...Vick got booted cuz of legal troubles. Not because of a gruesome car accident.

Speaking of Chad Jones, is there any news on him and his chances of returning to ever play football again?

Jan 4 2011

The class was also hindered by the offseason car accident of safety Chad Jones, who suffered multiple fractures to his lower left leg. Jones, a fourth-round pick, would have contributed if healthy.

“Chad is improving,” Reese said. “I still think he has a long way to go. We get videotape of his rehab sessions and I’m not a doctor, but it looks like he has a long way to go still.”

Why? Rich Seubert came back from a fractured in multiple places leg.

i just don't see it happing. From what i can tell he's going to be gone for two years from the game. He going to have a hard time getting back. Just more of a personal feeling.