SportsWrath

We got rid of Fred Robbins and Jay alford and kept

JackStroud

Agreed. Because if they had earned probowl berths, maybe we'd be in the playoffs. And it would be kind of cool to see people with sunbeams shining out of their asses. Although football players wouldn't be my first choice.

Damn Coughlin for relying on his special teams coach, who was hired to run special teams, because if the Special Teams coach didn't run special teams, then they'd have to call him something else, like "that guy with the clipboard." Damn him!

I'm in favor, so long as he is still wearing them when they are bronzed, and a sufficient quantity of metal is used so that once we throw him overboard, he sinks.

Coughlin should have relied on NO ONE in that situation.........he later admitted he did not believe a team down 14 with 7 min to go would try an onsides kick.................sheer STUPIDITY.......THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE HEAD COACH IN THE 4TH QUARTER.......AND EVERY MINUTE OF THE YEAR

I warned everyone on here the week before the games you should constantly be on guard for Andy Reid trickery

Andy is 10X the game day coach Coughlin is :rolleyes:

Jack can be annoying, I'll give you that. But making bad threads isn't a bannable offence.

Although I have to admit, my PM inbox being full of 'thank you's" makes banning him tempting.

Rik, what are you being thanked for? You can PM me the answer if you wish... if it's what I suspect I think I might owe you a thank you as well.

I've always liked Freddy Robbins and he had a good year (6 sacks, 8 passes defended) but as Boohoo pointed out he was signed away as a FA, not cut, and he's not worth getting in a bidding war over. Bernard was solid as a backup and played his way onto the roster in preseason.

I've always liked Freddy Robbins and he had a good year (6 sacks, 8 passes defended) but as Boohoo pointed out he was signed away as a FA, not cut, and he's not worth getting in a bidding war over. Bernard was solid as a backup and played his way onto the roster in preseason.

Robbins was also coming off of microfracture surgery in 2008 and played really poor in 2009. Other than that, big Fred had an awesome career for us and he was a huge pickup in the Free Agent market when Coughlin was first hired. I like big Fred and I hope he does well.

I loved Freddy Robbins--thought he was robbed by not going to the probowl for a couple years. But after microfracture surgery on his knee, multiple hand breaks, and his age; I can understand why he wasn't re-signed. I hope he retires a Giant, and he was probably one of the better FA signings of the Coughlin era, from a cost/impact perspective.

Wish Jay had come back, but if his knee's gone, his knee is gone.

Jack can be annoying, I'll give you that. But making bad threads isn't a bannable offence.

Although I have to admit, my PM inbox being full of 'thank you's" makes banning him tempting.

Rik, what are you being thanked for? You can PM me the answer if you wish... if it's what I suspect I think I might owe you a thank you as well.

That was a reply to this:

Can't you let him abuse his power just once?

Alot of members would thank you for it.

I was just being sarcastic.

I loved Freddy Robbins--thought he was robbed by not going to the probowl for a couple years. But after microfracture surgery on his knee, multiple hand breaks, and his age; I can understand why he wasn't re-signed. I hope he retires a Giant, and he was probably one of the better FA signings of the Coughlin era, from a cost/impact perspective.

Wish Jay had come back, but if his knee's gone, his knee is gone.

Jay Alford was good too...........both could get a good push up the middle

something we sorely lack

Jay Alford was good too...........both could get a good push up the middle

something we sorely lack

If he returns to form, we should take another look at him. But from what I remember, he just wasn't ready to go.

Coughlin should have relied on NO ONE in that situation.........he later admitted he did not believe a team down 14 with 7 min to go would try an onsides kick.................sheer STUPIDITY.......THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE HEAD COACH IN THE 4TH QUARTER.......AND EVERY MINUTE OF THE YEAR

I warned everyone on here the week before the games you should constantly be on guard for Andy Reid trickery

Andy is 10X the game day coach Coughlin is :rolleyes:

Jack, if I followed every warning you issued, I wouldn't make it out of my house.

yeah but as HC of the Giants after you've had your draws pulled down for 6 games in a row you would think "Kiss my Ass" would have a fucking clue :furious:

I wouldn't be surprised if Coughlin was directing that toward your constant criticism....he's got feelings too, apparently.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coughlin was directing that toward your constant criticism....he's got feelings too, apparently.

look hes a good guy but a terrible game day coach...........constantly befuddled and I do not recall him EVER huddling with his players during a game........he's a loner

give me the Rex Ryan, and Lovie Smith, John Fox types anyday

I think its time we got a guy who can relate on the players level