SportsWrath

Giants may give Plax another shot

Lubeck

No doubt.....after watching the decimation of the Giants receiving corps, I'm totally open to Plaxico coming back, as long as his head and his body are there. But those are two big "if"s.

Still, when he was in his prime, he was just too damn big and physical for man-coverage.....the guy demanded a safety be rolled over to him. I'll never forget that Green Bay NFC championship game.

Considering how the Giants have reloaded since he left, I couldn't imagine how potent the Giants offense could be if he rejoined them and was capable of playing at his former level.

exactly why the dog can't understand considering this move. really, is this the mentor wanted for two young, developing wide receivers? the same guy that was internally fined to no avail on a regular basis for missing meetings? the guy who used to openly shake his head every time his QB misfired in his direction? the same guy who has had attitude issues since michigan state? the dog is all for him getting a second chance in the league, but he is a gamble that is not worth taking unless a team's biggest and only void is at the wide receiver position...right now, that is one of the few areas the giants don't need help in...

exactly why the dog can't understand considering this move. really, is this the mentor wanted for two young, developing wide receivers? the same guy that was internally fined to no avail on a regular basis for missing meetings? the guy who used to openly shake his head every time his QB misfired in his direction? the same guy who has had attitude issues since michigan state? the dog is all for him getting a second chance in the league, but he is a gamble that is not worth taking unless a team's biggest and only void is at the wide receiver position...right now, that is one of the few areas the giants don't need help in...

Brace yourself...I agree. Furthermore, I don't see how throwing him into the mix can do anything more than delay the development of the youngsters at this point; particularly Barden, who was drafted specifically to take on the tall wide receiver role.

I've said this before but I imagine Plax would want to get as far away from NY as possible.

and, this article has no new information except Justin Tuck, who's opinion means little.

Reese saays the same thing everytime he's asked about Plax.

I would only be good with Burress returning if every person in the organization was top to bottom. I will always be grateful for what Burress did for this team. Without him the Giants are not Super Bowl champions. But because of his arrogance and stupidity the Giants were denied the chance to win another the following year.

You guys have convinced me.....much better to have Eagles sign Plaxico, so this bad dream can have a few sequels.

Seriously, I'd sign Buffalo Bill and provide him with a uniform made from fat chicks if it would guarantee a fucking win against the Eagles.

I think it's a gamble worth taking. What's the worst that can happen? He sucks balls and ends up being benched.. enter Nicks, Smith, and Manningham as our 3 WRs. I think the upside far outweighs any downside.

I think it's a gamble worth taking. What's the worst that can happen? He sucks balls and ends up being benched.. enter Nicks, Smith, and Manningham as our 3 WRs. I think the upside far outweighs any downside.

EXACTLY.

The Barden experiment is a failure.

Sign Plax, and work him back into the gameplan. Get him on the field in 4 WR sets, and in the red zone.

Eli Manning has been hampered by awful red zone playcalling...he's got plenty of red zone threats.

Yea I don't think there's much of a connection. The argument I'll make here is that anyway you look at it Plax instantly make the Giants better. And the dude doesn't just deserve another chance.. he deserves a warm welcome from us Giants fans. Say what you will but Plax is a good dude... n his "crime" was shooting himself.. stupidity no less. I can't say the same about the guy playing down the NJ Turnpike.

EXACTLY.

Sign Plax, and work him back into the gameplan. Get him on the field in 4 WR sets, and in the red zone.

the dog for one would be shocked if burress is OK taking on the role of a 4th wide receiver...as for the worst that can happen, a total distraction in the locker room...one more potential ego in a locker room lacking leadership...a slap in the face to three year starter smith, seemingly hard working and quickly developing nicks, and manningham who finally took steps forward this year...but by all means, sign away. the dog would enjoy the entertainment.

best case scenario, burress is as effective and has a changed attitude, in which case you have added a serviceable wr to a position that doesn't need upgrading at the moment...however, his ability to leap 26 feet in the air will give eli the opportunity to go back to how he made a living - throwing the ball up high and hoping for the best...

the dog for one would be shocked if burress is OK taking on the role of a 4th wide receiver...as for the worst that can happen, a total distraction in the locker room...one more potential ego in a locker room lacking leadership...a slap in the face to three year starter smith, seemingly hard working and quickly developing nicks, and manningham who finally took steps forward this year...but by all means, sign away. the dog would enjoy the entertainment.

best case scenario, burress is as effective and has a changed attitude, in which case you have added a serviceable wr to a position that doesn't need upgrading at the moment...however, his ability to leap 26 feet in the air will give eli the opportunity to go back to how he made a living - throwing the ball up high and hoping for the best...

Valid points, Dog... but I like Plax and I don't think think our WRs would hate the move.. I think they'll welcome him too.. he's a vet and doesn't have many years left but he can make the O exponentially better. get Plax and all you we need on Offense is a stud TE (as much as I like Boss.. I don't think he's doing the job).

Yea I don't think there's much of a connection. The argument I'll make here is that anyway you look at it Plax instantly make the Giants better. And the dude doesn't just deserve another chance.. he deserves a warm welcome from us Giants fans. Say what you will but Plax is a good dude... n his "crime" was shooting himself.. stupidity no less. I can't say the same about the guy playing down the NJ Turnpike.

When you're trying to run draw plays out of shotgun from inside the 10, there's something seriously wrong with your offensive coordinator.

Boss is rarely even looked at down there, running backs out of the backfield are extremely rarely looked at...it's always the same, look for one of the wide receivers....

EXACTLY.

I don't think you can label Barden a failure just yet. He looked pretty good in a couple games early this season. He got injured...I can't fault the guy....

Honestly, Hakeem Nicks is not football smart enough to do what is required of him in this offense. He makes way too many mental errors and has consistently dropped big passes since day 1. He is young though and these are correctable, hopefully.

You guys have convinced me.....much better to have Eagles sign Plaxico, so this bad dream can have a few sequels.

Seriously, I'd sign Buffalo Bill and provide him with a uniform made from fat chicks if it would guarantee a fucking win against the Eagles.

I'd MUCH rather see Plaxico on the field for the Eagles than either Maclin or Jackson.

NO HE'S NOT. Over FORTY team fines that season BEFORE the shooting bullshit. The guy can't even spell "team".

If they are going to bring back Plax they have to bring back David Tyree too...........our not so Special teams have been AWESOMELY.................AWFUL since Tyree left the team.

I warned of the Curse of the Tyree when they cut him and it has come to pass :sheeplover:

I don't really want him back, but not because of his stupidity of shooting himself, but because he is not really a team player and can spread discontent. Of course, if prison did for him what it did for Vick, then, yeah, bring him in. But, it's not likely.

he will be 34 years old when training camp starts and just getting out of prison--i'd be surprised if he isn't a bit more humble and with a much much deeper wr corps than the one we had when he was last here he won't be relied upon as much.

these guys dont need a mentor but an extra wr weapon couldn't hurt especially if smith isnt ready yet and especially at his expected price

he will be 34 years old when training camp starts and just getting out of prison--i'd be surprised if he isn't a bit more humble and with a much much deeper wr corps than the one we had when he was last here he won't be relied upon as much.

these guys dont need a mentor but an extra wr weapon couldn't hurt especially if smith isnt ready yet and especially at his expected price

Imagine Plax and Nicks as 1 and 2 with Smith and Manningham behind? Assuming, which is a big assumption, that Plax is even half the player he used to be, which I highly doubt. I'm thinking that 1. Plax back in NY will never happend and 2. It would hurt our receiving corps who are young and need the playing time.

Having said that though, having Plax and keeping him as a reserve/in the Barden role would be better suited for this team who will inevitably lose multiple receivers next year....