SportsWrath

Giants may give Plax another shot

Lubeck

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_may_give_plax_nd_shot_HLp8wA3Y5toBi2OFXF1LyO

Plaxico Burress is scheduled to be released from the upstate Oneida Correctional Facility on June 6 -- in time for training camp, if there is no NFL lockout -- and there is growing support within the Giants organization to bring him back and give him a second chance.

Co-owner Steve Tisch already is on record as championing the troubled wide receiver's cause, and considers him a dear friend. Co-owner John Mara feels strongly that Burress has paid his debt to society. General manager Jerry Reese yesterday said the Giants would investigate a possible Plaxico II.

Now defensive captain Justin Tuck has told The Post he, too, would welcome Burress back.

"I know that he's paid his debt to society, and I think he's overpaid his debt to society," Tuck said.

"Yeah, I would love to see him back. We've all seen how the Mike Vick situation has played out. And we all know that Plaxico is one of the most talented wide receivers to ever play this game."

Burress, who will turn 34 in August, is serving a two-year sentence on weapons-possession and reckless-endangerment charges stemming from the infamous November 2008 nightclub incident in which he shot himself in the leg.

"Whether he's here, or wherever he comes back, he's gonna come back with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove a point," Tuck said. "So, as a defensive player, I would much rather that guy be on our team than not. And plus, he's a difference-maker. I would love to see him back."

Tuck was asked if he would lobby for Burress.

"If my owner came and asked me what I thought, I would tell him exactly what I just told you," Tuck said.

Eli Manning has been hampered by not having a red-zone threat like the 6-foot-5 Burress. Coach Tom Coughlin would have to sit down with Burress and be convinced he would not disrupt the team concept Coughlin has built.

"We investigate everything," Reese said. "When that situation arises, we will investigate that."

Fuck man....you know how hard it is to get a kid to school on the Jersey Shore....so I'm fifteen minutes late...could have been two hours. Eli wants me here....suck it. :laugh:

lol, true indeed.

I want Plax back.

Nothing addressing the fact he was a terrible teammate leading up to the shooting. Now he's old and out of shape. No thank you.

Eli Manning has been hampered by not having a red-zone threat like the 6-foot-5 Burress.

What? Didn't Eli just throw the most TDs in a season since Y.A. Tittle?

Nothing addressing the fact he was a terrible teammate leading up to the shooting. Now he's old and out of shape. No thank you.

Man running up and down in "da yard"...keeps a body healthy. Who knows he may come out singing Redemption Song.... :afro:

I'm in favor of bringing Plaxico back, if he's in shape to play again.

Plaxico, Nicks, and Smith?.....that would be sick. Add Manningham to a 4 receiver set.....that means 7 in the box with man coverage on all 4 of those guys.....if you put Jacobs in the backfield, that would be very tough for any defense to handle.

One thing is for sure: We beat the Eagles with Plaxico.

If the NFL can accept a guy who tortured dogs to death, Plaxico deserves a 2nd chance too.

To be fair Plax was never in great shape in the first place. Besides just how many weeks or days does it take to get in shape anyway.

Getting in football shape and playing at the level we remember at age 35, after being away for several years is only one part of the question. Can he act like he's part of the team and rules apply to him just like everybody else, is a bigger question in my mind.

I have serious doubts about both of these questions.

Plus lest we forget...he has not been taking a football pounding either... the other kind don't know...but he has not been taking game hits for two years now. So he has healed up. :laugh::ph34r:

you're on fire today with big house humor. biggrin.gif

I'm in favor of bringing Plaxico back, if he's in shape to play again.

Plaxico, Nicks, and Smith?.....that would be sick. Add Manningham to a 4 receiver set.....that means 7 in the box with man coverage on all 4 of those guys.....if you put Jacobs in the backfield, that would be very tough for any defense to handle.

One thing is for sure: We beat the Eagles with Plaxico.

If the NFL can accept a guy who tortured dogs to death, Plaxico deserves a 2nd chance too.

Yes the guy broke the law....and he shot himself not the President; served his time...more time than anyone else including guys implicated in murders/manslaughters paging Ray Lewis and Dante Stallworth... :rolleyes: and convicted dog torturers. Bring him back at a little bit above the minimum and let him roam free. If it wasn't for a certain Mayor for Life using him as a cause celebre...we might have at least made it to the NFC Championship Game

It would be a perfect cap to how the francise has been run this year.

First, refuse to note and correct basic problems with your team's fundamentals, like holding the ball and punting.

Next, refuse to fire the coach that failed to correct said problems.

Finally, usher in the return of the Overrated Problem Child.

Fucking genius.

Yes the guy broke the law....and he shot himself not the President; served his time...more time than anyone else including guys implicated in murders/manslaughters paging Ray Lewis and Dante Stallworth... :rolleyes: and convicted dog torturers. Bring him back at a little bit above the minimum and let him roam free. If it wasn't for a certain Mayor for Life using him as a cause celebre...we might have at least made it to the NFC Championship Game

No doubt.....after watching the decimation of the Giants receiving corps, I'm totally open to Plaxico coming back, as long as his head and his body are there. But those are two big "if"s.

Still, when he was in his prime, he was just too damn big and physical for man-coverage.....the guy demanded a safety be rolled over to him. I'll never forget that Green Bay NFC championship game.

Considering how the Giants have reloaded since he left, I couldn't imagine how potent the Giants offense could be if he rejoined them and was capable of playing at his former level.

It's a boom or bust proposition. If it doesn't cost us a lot in terms of money OR opportunity cost, then I could see a potential big payoff here. But he absolutely would have to be a team player or be cut the first time he causes trouble. The most he could offer us now though really is 1 or 2 seasons. It may be too late for him. I would rather focus our efforts on finding the next Plaxico that can keep his head screwed on straight.

It would be a perfect cap to how the francise has been run this year.

First, refuse to note and correct basic problems with your team's fundamentals, like holding the ball and punting.

Next, refuse to fire the coach that failed to correct said problems.

Finally, usher in the return of the Overrated Problem Child.

Fucking genius.

Lets make sure Seph is there on the Official Welcome Back Home Prodigal Son Committee. :LMAO:

It's a boom or bust proposition. If it doesn't cost us a lot in terms of money OR opportunity cost, then I could see a potential big payoff here. But he absolutely would have to be a team player or be cut the first time he causes trouble. The most he could offer us now though really is 1 or 2 seasons. It may be too late for him. I would rather focus our efforts on finding the next Plaxico that can keep his head screwed on straight.

Given his relationship with Tisch, this would be a move that would come from on high....so if it blows up, the buck would stop at the top.