SportsWrath

Don't be surprised if Fewel is HC in 2012

JMFP

Why Fewell though?

The guy hasnt shown much in terms of being a head coach, plus I dont want to watch his schemes collapse in the 4th quarter anymore.

Granted, alot will have to do with how the team plays in 2011. But you have to wonder how the defense would have performed with a more discplined offense and less shitty special teams.

Yesterday was perfect example.....the defense clearly won that game.

Granted, the Giants defense did pick the worst 5 quarters of the season to shit the bed....I won't sugarcoat that.

I'm optimistic that Fewell will have a better familiarity with what works and what does not next year around.

A good linebacker would be a plus.

fassel_jim1217.jpg

"Collapses?!?! Don't talk to me about collapses! You kidding me? COLLAPSES?"

It's going to take a little while longer for the philly game to fade a bit, but I think that 49er game will remain worse.

Coughlin stays one more season for 2011, turns over the reigns to Perry Fewell the following season in 2012.

Might be one reason why Mara insists Coughlin is staying next year.

This thread has a Jackstroud-ish appeal to it. :thumbs:

I see Fewell going to a another head coaching gig. We always lose our coordinators and they go on to have great success has head coaches for other teams. We let go of Belichick and stuck with Ray Handley to become our head coach. We stuck with Fassel instead of Sean Payton. Fewell will go somewhere by time we get rid of Coughlin/Gilbride

Granted, alot will have to do with how the team plays in 2011. But you have to wonder how the defense would have performed with a more discplined offense and less shitty special teams.

Yesterday was perfect example.....the defense clearly won that game.

Granted, the Giants defense did pick the worst 5 quarters of the season to shit the bed....I won't sugarcoat that.

I'm optimistic that Fewell will have a better familiarity with what works and what does not next year around.

A good linebacker would be a plus.

Are you saying the Giants defense was worn down... which explains late game collapses? You maybe on to something. :confused:

This goes to cement my theory that those who just sling it... get their defenses worn out. A disciplined team will manufacture yards.. and eat the clock. Home runs are great.. but it just means your defense is right back on the field.. and by late season, they're beat up at half time.

I see Fewell going to a another head coaching gig. We always lose our coordinators and they go on to have great success has head coaches for other teams. We let go of Belichick and stuck with Ray Handley to become our head coach. We stuck with Fassel instead of Sean Payton. Fewell will go somewhere by time we get rid of Coughlin/Gilbride

if i remember correctly, Sean Payton' couldn't run the offense forcing Fassel to take over, which lead to Payton leaving the following year. But i'm sure the picture ain't as clear as just that.. Giants always have a thing for keeping their HC till shit finally hit the fan...... and it cost us many great coaches.

but i do believe TC will finish the contract. He's a great coach but he's too loyal to his guys (GiLfart)..

. We let go of Belichick and stuck with Ray Handley to become our head coach.

We didn't "let go" of Belichick. He got a job in Cleveland when Parcells was still HC, then Parcells left the francise high and dry when he decided to bail in June... and all the good HC candidates had already been hired.

Parcells fucked the Giants for those two years. THAT'S why I STILL think he's a douche.

We didn't "let go" of Belichick. He got a job in Cleveland when Parcells was still HC, then Parcells left the francise high and dry when he decided to bail in June... and all the good HC candidates had already been hired.

Parcells fucked the Giants for those two years. THAT'S why I STILL think he's a douche.

Bump....Parcells does that a month or two after the Super Bowl and its kool...shit happens the fire in the belly subsides...yadda yadda....but no fucking late May early June you decide its no longer for you. Well thanks a fucking lot Coach. A man who TALKS about loyalty to him yet practices none to anyone else ...individual or organization. :jerkoff: