SportsWrath

If you're not outraged at this season....

Allstarjim

in my opinion the roster we had this season was a lot more talented than the team we won the superbowl with

i dont blame tom for 2008 cuz that plaxico shit was a disaster and we weren't deep enough at wr yet to cover for it.

but these last two years are on him. 19-13 is an underachieving record

I agree. If anyone says we weren't more or at the least as talented than teams like Philly and Indy, they're wrong.

I really think we need to dispel this myth that the Giants are some supremely talented bunch.

I talented team doesn't blow a 21 point lead against the Eagles, and then get blown out by the Packers, and then hang on to beat a pathetic Redskin team.

The team is 10-6, and pretty lucky to be even that, considering their propensity for error.

Youre right. Ive been hanging onto that idea for a long time too. Fact is we changed defensive coordinators and this team is still susceptible to big plays and gets blown out by good teams. We didnt even have the injuries on defense this year and brought in Rolle. Coaching always plays a role but christ if this team was that good they would have stepped up and won some of those games.

10-6, people. You're sounding like we were 4-12.

10-6 with no linebackers, no special teams, and rampant injuries to our WRs and Oline. Not really good enough, but a damn sight better than a bunch of teams throughout the league.

10-6 with ONE WIN against a winning team. Had we played more teams over .500 we probably would be 4-12.

Fact is we changed defensive coordinators and this team is still susceptible to big plays and gets blown out by good teams. We didnt even have the injuries on defense this year and brought in Rolle. Coaching always plays a role but christ if this team was that good they would have stepped up and won some of those games.

So let me get this straight, our defense going through coordinators with this season being ranked #4...this roster is still pure garbage and that's why we continue to slide and lose important games? Then by your logic we should fire the entire coaching staff except the DC and tear this team apart and re-build. Got it.

10-6 with ONE WIN against a winning team. Had we played more teams over .500 we probably would be 4-12.

So let me get this straight, our defense going through coordinators with this season being ranked #4...this roster is still pure garbage and that's why we continue to slide and lose important games? Then by your logic we should fire the entire coaching staff except the DC and tear this team apart and re-build. Got it.

7 teams in the league with a better record than us. 4 teams in the playoffs with the same record or WORSE than us. It's a winning season, a disappointing season, but I'll damn sure take it. It sucks, but call it a wash for 2006.

every year francessa says this and it's sad but true: "the mara's only want one thing: for that last game at the meadowlands to be a meaningful one. as long as they have that they consider the season a success".

it's tough for me to dislike them, especially the old man god rest his soul, but it's a helpless feeling knowing your owners have such low expectations for success.

all that tough talk that came out of john mara's mouth this time last year was hot air. he's just a bullshitter

Yes I hear you man...I genuflect at and cast a sprig of incense onto the altar of Wellington Mara...but....BUT...this is a guy who sacrificed his own franchise for the GOOD of the LEAGUE....and the LEAGUE was quite happy for a long time letting the Giants go from being the marquee franchise to being the ugly stepsister. Finally after a fan revolt good old Wellington goes to Rozelle and says "golly gee Pete can you help a brother out...the peasants..er the fans are a revolting back at my stadium...you know the one where everyone has a guaranteed win if they are mediocre to good". "You know Pete the division that is supposedly in the East but I have two teams like Dallas and St. Louis that are western teams". You know that same NFL where many of the coaches worked for me as assistants...Lombardi, Landry, etc.

One of the few times I am in total agreement with Fatcessa. Anytime you don't make the playoffs your season is not a success it is a failure. And making the playoffs is only meeting minimum standards especially if you get bounced the first game. After the Vikings Blizzard I was looking forward to perhaps hooking up with the East Coast guys at a sportsbar to kick back and enjoy a SportsWrath afternoon/evening. Yeah right...maybe....MAYBE...next year.

Just disgraceful. OK now we know Gilfuck will be here next here...that is a given with his same bullshit. So we need the ST coach GONE. And we need an actual Quarterbacks Coach as opposed to another failed hire from within such as the WR coach who never coached a QB on any level. An I-M-P-A-C-T linebacker both from the draft and free agency; a high draft OL pick; a player coach for the punter...brutal that we went a season with a rookie punter.

One reason why the ST's on punts were so bad was that honestly the guys never knew where the ball was going to drop. Look at the KO coverage as opposed to the punt coverage this year and you will see the difference. Tynes though not a deep kicker at least you have an idea where its going to land. WE SHOULD STILL BE PLAYING. Goodells NFL is wide open...wide open...other than the Pats every team can be had in the playoffs.

in my opinion the roster we had this season was a lot more talented than the team we won the superbowl with

i dont blame tom for 2008 cuz that plaxico shit was a disaster and we weren't deep enough at wr yet to cover for it.

but these last two years are on him. 19-13 is an underachieving record

Another reason why I FUCKING HATE MAYOR FOR LIFE!!! Any other City or Mayor and its treated as it was...a dumbass move that resulted in one person getting hurt; not a potentially end of the world act of terror by a wanted enemy of the people. That fuck is lucky I am not the owner of the Giants because during the most recent mayoral election I am bankrolling his opponent as far as the law allows. And I am hinting at my people they better help out to the maximum his opponents campaign.

Ranked #4? Do you mean the number 4 defense that gave up 28 points in 8 minutes? Maybe its the number 4 defense that gave up 45 in Green Bay. Look I didnt say this roster was garbage but right now theyre good enough to beat bad teams and its obvious theyre missing something when it comes to big games agaisnt good teams.

Ranked #4? Do you mean the number 4 defense that gave up 28 points in 8 minutes? Maybe its the number 4 defense that gave up 45 in Green Bay. Look I didnt say this roster was garbage but right now theyre good enough to beat bad teams and its obvious theyre missing something when it comes to big games agaisnt good teams.

Yeah I realize they gave up far too many points during games and the Philly flop game is debatable as to who exactly to blame, but you're blaming players that made monstrous changes in the off season compared to last season. Guess who gets credit for that... I'll give you a hint, it's the guy who designs the schemes and calls the play. Can you imagine what our record would be if we still had Sheriden calling the shots? Not pretty to think about.

If you think everything is the players faults for getting waxed against teams with less talent you're mistaken. We are getting schooled by the opposition's shot callers (coaches). We had far less talent in our 07 championship team but we won because our DC was intelligent and knew how to tweak and fine tune his instruments. We dont have any coaches like that now and because of it when we face off against teams that do we lose. If the team is talented enough to destroy bad teams there is no reason they shouldn't against good teams.

It's been known for years now that Gillbride is horrible at adjusting. If we dont have a lead or keep the game close in the 4th we will lose.

Then please pass what you are smoking/drinking. This season was an absolute faillure... Even in this final game against a TERRIBLE, I repeat, TERRIBLE Redskins team, the Giants were just mediocre enough to slip through with a W.

In case you hadn't noticed, we played a soft schedule this season, in a division with only one real challenger, and barely got to 10 wins, with losses to vastly inferior teams. This season is a lost season. To borrow from a Parcell's metaphor, this team had all the ingredients to make the finest meal in a 5 star restaurant... but what we got was a 10 win Happy Meal from Mickey D's thanks to the most overcomplicated bland offense I've seen in my lifetime, among other things.

If you see any silver lining in this season, I feel sorry for you.... maybe if the Redskins was able to put one more TD on the board today there would be the outrage at this coaching staff that should be there already.

I'm not outraged... I realize my health is more important than a bunch of millionaire athletes. At the very least Gilbride and quinn have to go... looking back, Reese fucked up by letting Tyree go.. ST sucked balls this season.. Shit I'm not sure Feagles couldn't have been pursuaded to stay another year... who knows. I'm very disappointed.. but outraged.. i don't think so.

10-6, people. You're sounding like we were 4-12.

10-6 with no linebackers, no special teams, and rampant injuries to our WRs and Oline. Not really good enough, but a damn sight better than a bunch of teams throughout the league.

I would agree if this team didn't bend over in the last 8 minutes against Philly. Never in my lifetime have a seen a team completely suck in all three phases of the game in just 8 minutes.. Defense shit the bed, ST did the same.. and the O couldn't get us a first down. All in all this team went from the top team in the NFC to.. to this.

what really disappointed me more than the philly game was the lackluster effort the following game. coughlin said so himself that the players lacked passion during the game and all week at practice. that game needed to be put in the rearview mirror and that team needed to come out angry in green bay but they were still hungover from the philly game. that's on the coach

Well, Im dissapointed at how the season ended, but Im not outraged. We have a very good team. Our problem this yr was obvious. TURNOVERS. Fix that and were good. To me, thats coaching, which is why Im kinda torn on Coughlin staying. I love him, but is he done?

And lets not crucify the defense ....lets remember that time and time again the offense gave up the ball and then the defense had to come on to try to stop and/or try to limit the score. That along with our safeties being needed to cover the deficiencies of the linebackers; also Fewell is too enamored of Tampa Cover 2.

the defense shouldn't even have been OUT there that much in the end. we weren't prepared for an onside kick that a high school coach would've known to put the hands team out for and we didnt kill the clock effectively enough. in fact, if i didnt know better i'd say we weren't trying to kill the clock at all since we were THROWING THE BALL WHEN THE CLOCK WAS STOPPED. there's no excuse for that game not going to overtime

offtopic from whats currently being talked about but im not sure ive seen it mentioned.

i want a new quarterbacks coach for eli, when palmer left we promoted the WR's coach to QB coach and then our quality control guy to WR coach.

Lots of good points being made but Nas said fix the turnovers and we're good. To me, there is a direct relationship with the coaching and the turnovers. If your play calling and game planning is terrible, you are much more likely to turn the ball over. Consider this... from a defense's perspective, is it harder to defend 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 11? On third and 11 I am not worried about the run... there were a lot of 3rd and 11's this year (don't take that so literally), and opposing defenses capitalized. Part of the reason that was the case was due to the ridiculous pre-snap read offense that was being employed despite us losing our two starting WR's. Our guys were not on the same page with Eli.... this is the difference a good coach makes. A good coach is going to make the call and say, Eli, have them run the base route or audible to something else.... keep it simple for these guys and instead of trying to out think the defense before the play starts, just focus on execution.

And yes, Fewell is definitely far too in love with the Cover 2. I could not understand the GB game when time and time again the corners were playing off the wide receivers giving an 8 yard cushion at the LOS... and then didn't bring pressure. Rodgers killed us underneath and he looked like Larry Bird shooting free throws... IT LOOKED EASY.

i gotta agree with us getting too cute with the playcalling. we have talented skill position players, give them the ball and tell them to get the yards.

and i dont know what was up with eli/nicks being so far off the same page in the packers game. that was just weird

offtopic from whats currently being talked about but im not sure ive seen it mentioned.

i want a new quarterbacks coach for eli, when palmer left we promoted the WR's coach to QB coach and then our quality control guy to WR coach.

yeah man I and a few others brought it up. I wrote even if they keep Gilfuck...at minimum the ST coach must be canned; and the QB coach has to be changed. If they are so loyal let him go back to WR's. He never throughout his entire career had been the QB coach. This was a Sheridan redux...though more hidden. As Boomer Esiason said today on WFAN...every player needs coaching of some sort or another...LT...Montana....they all needed coaching. Eli needs a security blanket so that when he throws up hospital balls with no Plax to pull them down...his QB coach can help him out.

I wrote even if they keep Gilfuck...at minimum the ST coach must be canned; and the QB coach has to be changed. If they are so loyal let him go back to WR's. He never throughout his entire career had been the QB coach. This was a Sheridan redux...though more hidden."

That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either when I heard that. I don't know the kind of knowledge you need to coach each position, but it seems odd you would have a coach for the most important position on your team with no prior experience doing it.