SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin WILL Be Back In 2011

Mr. P

i look forward to another december collapse from everyone's favorite fellow irish catholic BC alum

In my next life....Lord please let me be an Irish Catholic BC Alum with a job in the Giants organization. I could slaughter half of Staten Island and still keep my job and be given the benefit of the doubt. "He only killed half of Staten Island....give him a break...he works hard...".

I like Coughlin, and wouldn't mind a change, but I'd prefer seeing him promoted into the front office.

I don't want to see him fired, though.

Bottom line, the guy has won a Super Bowl..... sucks not to make the playoffs, but they are 10-6.

I'd like to see a change on Special Teams.....if Gilbride takes a college job, I won't shed a tear. I wonder how much of the offensive woes are due to Gilbride, and how much is due to the the players mistakes.....seems like a pretty healthy does of both. One thing I'll say, is I want to see a return to the power inside running game.

One thing I'll say about this last game: everyone played hard, including after they knew Green Bay had won.

In particular, Osi played his ass off.....and that tells me something positive going into next season.

Gilbride does not play on the field, Gilbride does not constantly fumble the ball, Gillbride is not the inacurate QB who constantly throws the short over the middle passes 2 ft over the receivers heads

Its the head coaches job to discipline the team and individual players and hold them to task or bench them.........Coughlin is complicit in the ineptitude and then wanders the sideline with that I cannot believe what I'm seeing stupid expression on his ancient irish face.....if you want to get frustrated and blame someone blame the head man.......he is the one who fails to police the stupidity and ineptitude :rolleyes:

apparently we can never get rid of this guy so live with mediocrity or find another team to root for <_<

Gilbride does not play on the field, Gilbride does not constantly fumble the ball, Gillbride is not the inacurate QB who constantly throws the short over the middle passes 2 ft over the receivers heads

Its the head coaches job to discipline the team and individual players and hold them to task or bench them.........Coughlin is complicit in the ineptitude and then wanders the sideline with that I cannot believe what I'm seeing stupid expression on his ancient irish face.....if you want to get frustrated and blame someone blame the head man.......he is the one who fails to police the stupidity and ineptitude :rolleyes:

apparently we can never get rid of this guy so live with mediocrity or find another team to root for <_<

But Gilbride makes some ridiculous playcalls and has the team out looking slow and sluggish every game. And refuses to simplify the offense (similar to what Fassel had to do when Sean Payton was having guys running all over the field presnap) when it's crystal clear that the wide receivers aren't smart enough to read what your 100 million dollar QB is reading. He IS partly responsibly for quite a few turnovers, actually.

But Gilbride makes some ridiculous playcalls and has the team out looking slow and sluggish every game. And refuses to simplify the offense (similar to what Fassel had to do when Sean Payton was having guys running all over the field presnap) when it's crystal clear that the wide receivers aren't smart enough to read what your 100 million dollar QB is reading. He IS partly responsibly for quite a few turnovers, actually.

of course............why didnt I think of that

replace Gilbride and all the fumbles will be covered by our guys :rolleyes:

good thing we got rid of that idiot Payton......all he did was win the SB in his 2nd yr as head coach of the historically worst team in the NFL :rolleyes:

of course............why didnt I think of that

replace Gilbride and all the fumbles will be covered by our guys :rolleyes:

No, but, for example, Ahmad Bradshaw isn't getting a direct snap on 3rd and 2 with the defense hitting him 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

And I meant a lot of the interceptions he's partly responsible for. That's his gameplan. They are running HIS plays.

I agree, TC needs to be the one who rips Eli's fucking head off when he does what he does too often, but Gillbride is the closest in command to the offense. It's his job to get these guys to knock the shit off and get it corrected. He hasnt and from the looks of it never will. Hell, TC fixed Tiki's fumbling problem...that should've been Kevin's job.

One of the biggest crock of shit things that happens with this offense is the kid gloves they use on Eli. I dont give a fuck if he is Jesus Christ, when makes stupid decisions he should be getting dragged off the field by his facemask.

I agree, TC needs to be the one who rips Eli's fucking head off when he does what he does too often, but Gillbride is the closest in command to the offense. It's his job to get these guys to knock the shit off and get it corrected. He hasnt and from the looks of it never will. Hell, TC fixed Tiki's fumbling problem...that should've been Kevin's job.

One of the biggest crock of shit things that happens with this offense is the kid gloves they use on Eli. I dont give a fuck if he is Jesus Christ, when makes stupid decisions he should be getting dragged off the field by his facemask.

The draw plays and screens need to stop or at least be less prevalent. The shotgun formation in short yardage situations I could do without too. Bottom line is the Giants for the most part have not beaten a good team in a big game 2 years running now. The coaching staff certainly deserves a lot of the blame but how about the players stepping up in a big spot and delivering? I've really believed for a long time that this team is very talented but I'm beginning to seriously question that. We have a bunch of nice, solid players but something is obviously missing. During the Super Bowl run we had a future Hall of Famer in Strahan and a matchup nightmare in Burress. I think Nicks could eventually become a top 5 kind of talent but he's still young. Tuck and Osi can't do everything and sometimes a good offensive gameplan can take them out of the game. They won 10 games while leading the league in turnovers. I don't care who you play that's a feat. Granted, thats a backhanded compliment. We will see what happens but for the moment I am going to focus on the Eagles and hope their team and city is devastated once again.

i really like those delayed pumpfake handoffs and those draw plays out of the shotgun that we do every 5th play. we are really keeping opposing defenses on their toes!

Oh you mean the plays that are a very canny variation of the Statue of Liberty play? Hey man you just don't understand the offensive genius that is Gilbride.

i really like those delayed pumpfake handoffs and those draw plays out of the shotgun that we do every 5th play. we are really keeping opposing defenses on their toes!

I know....they fucking rock, don't they?????

Philly still hasn't figured that one out....suckas!!!!!

The draw plays and screens need to stop or at least be less prevalent. The shotgun formation in short yardage situations I could do without too. Bottom line is the Giants for the most part have not beaten a good team in a big game 2 years running now. The coaching staff certainly deserves a lot of the blame but how about the players stepping up in a big spot and delivering? I've really believed for a long time that this team is very talented but I'm beginning to seriously question that. We have a bunch of nice, solid players but something is obviously missing. During the Super Bowl run we had a future Hall of Famer in Strahan and a matchup nightmare in Burress. I think Nicks could eventually become a top 5 kind of talent but he's still young. Tuck and Osi can't do everything and sometimes a good offensive gameplan can take them out of the game. They won 10 games while leading the league in turnovers. I don't care who you play that's a feat. Granted, thats a backhanded compliment. We will see what happens but for the moment I am going to focus on the Eagles and hope their team and city is devastated once again.

I understand that it is very difficult to compare eras, but look at what Lombardi did with the Packer Power Sweep.....he had a play that the team fucking practiced until they could do it in their fucking sleep. And they ran the damn thing to perfection.

My point is that this team could use a trimmed down offense that simply mixes up some different plays out of some standard formations.

And I think I remember exactly -0- no huddle offenses this year (not counting our blowout losses).....I suppose the idea of catching the other teams in mismatched personnel packages has no place in the Giants attack.

I understand that it is very difficult to compare eras, but look at what Lombardi did with the Packer Power Sweep.....he had a play that the team fucking practiced until they could do it in their fucking sleep. And they ran the damn thing to perfection.

My point is that this team could use a trimmed down offense that simply mixes up some different plays out of some standard formations.

And I think I remember exactly -0- no huddle offenses this year (not counting our blowout losses).....I suppose the idea of catching the other teams in mismatched personnel packages has no place in the Giants attack.

Nah man...that's dishonorable...trickery and flimflam is not part of the GIANTS WAY....echo...echo...echo....We must play our opponents straight up and never resort to such scurrilous behavior.

Is Ron Earhardt still amongst the living?

Nah man...that's dishonorable...trickery and flimflam is not part of the GIANTS WAY....echo...echo...echo....We must play our opponents straight up and never resort to such scurrilous behavior.

So true.....we line up in a pasture like a bunch of fucking redcoats.

lol "he's such an old school disciplinarian kinda guy even though we led the nfl in turnovers"

We led the NFL in takeaways as well, and thank god or we would of been 6-10. We should move forward with Fewell, but this is not a heads will roll organization. We usually go into the offseason, saying what we have is good enough. We will lose Fewell to a head coaching gig, and then have to go forward with our fourth defensive coordinator in four years. Has long is Tom is there, Gilbride will also be there, and that's probably the worst problem. I want Josh McDaniels has our OC next year, yes hes a douchebag but maybe we need a douchebag and McDaniels is one hell of an offensive playcaller.

So true.....we line up in a pasture like a bunch of fucking redcoats.

And this just in...most of the troops sent over during the Revolutionary War were not crack (as in elite units); and the few that were, well they were not concentrated; rather dribbled here and there. I know its sacrilege to the cult of the Founding Fathers, but movies like the Patriot really downplay how much the colonists were like the VC/NVA and the Brits were like the USA. Winning just about every important big battle...especially early on; but never the knockout. All the U.S. had to do was outlast the British; which is exactly what happened. But yeah instead of rabbit punching in the clinch we wait for the ref to separate us and will not resort to such behavior.

And with the looming lockout, dumping a Super Bowl winning coach after a 10-6 season isn't exactly a no-brainer.

I love when a Peter King or Mike Florio is on a sports talk radio show and they bring this point up like it is some original analysis they thought of when for weeks it has been part of the coaching change discussion. "So and so team will no doubt be looking in house for a potential new head coach since with the lockout any new head coach won't have access to the team until training camp or later"