SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin WILL Be Back In 2011

Mr. P

Where did you get that picture in your avatar?

just found it randomly on google images.

heres the fullsize:

nlxtvk.jpg

looks like a t-shirt and i wish i could buy it.

I like Coughlin, and wouldn't mind a change, but I'd prefer seeing him promoted into the front office.

I don't want to see him fired, though.

Bottom line, the guy has won a Super Bowl..... sucks not to make the playoffs, but they are 10-6.

I'd like to see a change on Special Teams.....if Gilbride takes a college job, I won't shed a tear. I wonder how much of the offensive woes are due to Gilbride, and how much is due to the the players mistakes.....seems like a pretty healthy does of both. One thing I'll say, is I want to see a return to the power inside running game.

One thing I'll say about this last game: everyone played hard, including after they knew Green Bay had won.

In particular, Osi played his ass off.....and that tells me something positive going into next season.

Coughlin sucks. I'm with So Cal here. If you want to get lucky once every decade and a half, go with Tom Coughlin and prepare for 14 other seasons of underachieving with a roster full of good players.

Gilbride, Fewell, and Quinn all better be on the outs or I'm a Miami Dolphins fan with Hugh.

Giants co-owner John Mara said Sunday that Tom Coughlin will be back as coach of the New York Giants next season.

"I believe in the guy. I believe in stability," said Mara. "The players play hard for him."

As to whether Coughlin will be offered a contract extension beyond 2011, Mara said: "That's a discussion for a later date."

Mara was adamant in sticking with Coughlin, who finished the season with a 10th victory but out of the playoffs for the second straight year. He said there was never any doubt that the head coach would return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5982666

The players play hard for him? I guess the big guy was on a safari vacation last season when the last two games were obvious that the team quit on him.

Is it gonna take TC to die for us to get a HC with youth experience? What is he, like 74 now? Im starting to think so.

The players play hard for him? I guess the big guy was on a safari vacation last season when the last two games were obvious that the team quit on him.

Is it gonna take TC to die for us to get a HC with youth experience? What is he, like 74 now? Im starting to think so.

Honestly? I don't think they quit against the Eagles...that shit was a fucking fluke man.

Who knows?....I wouldn't be surprised if next season is his last one. I could totally see Coughlin and Mara/Tisch already having this conversation.

And with the looming lockout, dumping a Super Bowl winning coach after a 10-6 season isn't exactly a no-brainer.

I'd really like to see Fewell create a defensive identity that other teams must adjust to, instead of a defense that reacts to every different QB.

Killdrive?.....he needs to change this offense or else hit the bricks.

They didnt quit against the Eagles but they sure as shit didnt stay focused which is TCs job.

The offense got way too conservative way too early in that game... Tired of the fluke talk, bottom line is that the coaching LET the Eagles back in that game because they didn't have the killer instinct to put the game away.

Just so everyone who is actually happy about this (insane) knows, we beat ONE team with a winning record this season. I'll repeat, the only team with a winning record that we beat this season were the Chicago Bears.

Guys as a long time Giants fan I feel I need to educate some of you younguns

The Mara's do not nor ever did care about winning championships

to them its a family business, a conservative family business, never upset the apple cart

they just care about placating the public and providing a decent team, not necessarily an excellent one

Excellence REQUIRES sometimes ruthless decision making, that would be wayyyyyyy to radical for them

As long as the books are balanced and there are fannies in the seats they really don't give a crap what you or anyone thinks about winning football

This is what Giants football is and always has been. Coughlin will probably be HC for 10 yrs more till they have to carry his bed to the sideline.........they really don't give a hoot what you think. As long as Jerry Reese keeps feeding Coughy excellent talent, Tom will keep stumbling along at 10-6-9-7, 8-8 and occasionally a lucky 11-5

And Andy Reid will laugh his ass off at us annually :05-mafia:

Forgetaboutit!!!