SportsWrath

Feelings about today's game

Lughead

we will lose 33-10

our locker room is rudderless

Rex Grossman has our number.........we no longer have the spirit to put up much of a fight, we can't get to the QB

and while the players won't openly say it this is there chance to rid themselves of Coughlin

this will be a DC walk over

Chicago will win also making things even more bitter to swallow

Ralph Vaccachio put it best, .............and I can feel it without even being there- "They looked like a Dead Team Walking" said Ralph <_<

I am not very optimistic. After the collapse and the blowout last week, I think this team is done. I don't know how you can recover. Even though the Giants might win, no way Green Bay loses today.

If these guys had the mental toughness to recover it probably would not have happened in the first place.

If we get a W today it will be because Washington sucked worse, not due to any great effort on our part to "stay alive"

we will lose 33-10

our locker room is rudderless

Rex Grossman has our number.........we no longer have the spirit to put up much of a fight, we can't get to the QB

and while the players won't openly say it this is there chance to rid themselves of Coughlin

this will be a DC walk over

Chicago will win also making things even more bitter to swallow

Ralph Vaccachio put it best, .............and I can feel it without even being there- "They looked like a Dead Team Walking" said Ralph <_>

then there is this

It is dangerous to read locker room tea leaves, especially around a Giants team that is so often confounding. It melts down when you think it is on top of the world, and rises up when you think it is done.

Yeah...I'm probably not going to watch any football today. Maybe listen in passing on the radio. Do other things that way my day won't be wasted. It was a truly historic collapse two Sundays ago; and I don't think anyone or any team recovers from that in two games. If they prove me wrong and back into the playoffs; then I hope they screw the Eagles. Beyond that I'm already getting ready to switch toward next year. 41 years of watching Giants football gives me that option. :ph34r:

then there is this

I'm with you Lughead- I never want to see the Giants lose or miss the playoffs

but if you ever played the market you know beyond your little stocks you have to be aware of the way the wind is blowing

and its definitely not blowing in our direction

Rather I see the winds of change- there will be a new HC and a lot of new Asst Coaches...........30% of this roster will not be around in September. Some good people will walk the plank but the good Ship Giants will sail on better off for the purge :thumbs:

Have fun root for the Jets KC or Chicago..........hope Philly gets tortured, and the Patriots lose the SB by a FG LOL :smartass:

I have to admit I've never had such weird feelings about a Giants Regular season finale, such ambivalence- If I'm feeling it, you can believe the players are feeling it 10X over

if we win and Chicago wins its a big win for us

If we lose big and Chicago wins Coughlins out the door and I will feel the season was a mild success and look forward to a few more Lombardi's soon.

so as long as we lose big this game is the famous win/win situation

and BTW why is Brunnel not backing up Eli for us......did he and Coughlin part on bad blood?? :05-mafia:

is it Curtains for Coughlin

I kinda have this same feeling

Also kinda weird , the reports of the locker room mood.

That really summed up my outlook.

As for myself, I'm not going to make a big production about this game. I have a lot of work to handle, so I really can't afford to just sit around and watch these morons with undivided attention. I'll DVR the Giants game, and the Bears game, and will just listen to the game in my home office while I get some stuff done.

Last week, was the final straw for me. I drove through a fucking blizzard just to be with my brother to watch the game, and they played soft serve defense and no clue offense, and threw away their last realistic chance to get into the post season.

I'm sick of watching this team shit the bed against the Eagles, most of all.....and really, I don't care who goes or who stays, if we can turn this team into a tough, smart bunch, no player or coach is off-limits as far as I see it.

The biggest most understated comment in that article is about Perry Fewell allowing offenses to dictate how his defense plays/game plans. He's done it with Indy, GB, and both Philly games to name a few.