SportsWrath

I would hire Fox Monday Morning

JackStroud

Hes done a lot with a so/so talented team

I'll never for get the whipping he put on us in the Playoffs.....

He likes big young bodies and the line play has never been his problem.....he has not had the talent at the skill positions especially QB

HIRE HIM...............fire clueless Tom :05-mafia:

John makes 6.5 million per year

What do hot vendors like yourself pull in anyway.........are you paid by the dog??........do they call them Dogs up in the frozen North?

Seriously, Bellicheck did not look as good as John in Cleveland.....some towns are tough to win in

I suppose you would have wanted Bellicheck to hawk Dogs for you too?

HC's are just a part of the equation.....were limping along with a real bad one

I think Jack is right....Fox never had much help in Carolina....he never had a QB that could get it done, hes had two good running backs that were lights out one week and inconsistent the next....and he's never really had much to work with on the defense...

Having said that, I wouldn't hire him to come back to NY

The question should be asked: would the Giants get a more talented, experienced coach with Fox?

Before Coughlin won a Super Bowl, I think a case could have been made that Fox was more inventive, and more inspiring....but I have a hard time replacing a Super Bowl winner that currently is 9-6 in a season that most people didn't really factor the Giants beyond the regular season.

Tomorrow is a big game, though.....shit the bed against the Redskins, and I'm not sure what happens.

I am not enamored with Fox...he had his meltdowns up here as well. Decent solid coach but nothing spectacular.

I agree.....we had that Minnesota playoff game where the defense just fell apart......and really, the Giants defense should have held the Ravens offense down.

you guys see coughlin as this centerpiece

I see him as along for the ride

without Spagnuolo and Fewell he shit the bed all over the place

Fox is an inspirational relatively young coach with a ton of experience, with our talent we will go on a SB run

You guys dont seem to get the fact that every December Ol Coughlins battery dies........change is needed

look what it did to the Cowboys a similar team talent laden with a dead weight head coach

Fox is an inspirational relatively young coach with a ton of experience, with our talent we will go on a SB run

You guys dont seem to get the fact that every December Ol Coughlins battery dies........change is needed

look what it did to the Cowboys a similar team talent laden with a dead weight head coach

Jack, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't like Coughlin.

Your a tool and know nothing about football. I cant understand why your allowed to post on these boards.

Jack, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't like Coughlin.

I actually do like Tom coughlin, and I think Wade is a heck of a guy but neither of these guys should be coaching an NFL team. Both are better suited to GM roles at their age

Are you happy with the annual December collapses......doesn't it get a little old no pun intended??

I'm not..........Ok maybe Fox willl fall on his face (I doubt it) but CHANGE IS NECESSARY....Spags should be our HC and the swap should have been done after the SB

I agree.....we had that Minnesota playoff game where the defense just fell apart......and really, the Giants defense should have held the Ravens offense down.

Well Joe, Referee Ed Hockyoufuck and his phantom hold call against Hamilton that no one in America saw including the Ravens that brought back Armistead's INT for a TD had a lot to do with a demoralized defense. I remember Phil Simms saying something like "can we see that play again...?"

Just because he has the word Eagle in his name doesn't make him a Philly fan tool.

Then your a bigger sucker than I thought

Of course he's an Eagles fan

HE WOULD LOVE TO SEE COUGHLIN OUT THERE UNTIL THEY HAVE TO WHEEL HIM OUT

are you that dense man?...........I loved Wade Phillip as the Cowboys HC......we could almost count on 2 victories per year :rolleyes:

What makes any of you think Gruden and "The Chin" would be any better than Fox????

Fox is a current coach, in the trenches, who studies the other teams daily, and can bring some of Carolina's free agents with him, and Carolina has always had great special teams........he is well liked by the Mara''s who hated to see him go

Jack, enlighten me--name me a coach that would do well without decent coordinators outside of New England.

Then, would you explain how Coughlin was "carried" by Hufnagle and Lewis in 2005? Or for that matter, if Gilbride is so bad, why we've been able to accomplish anything at all?

Finally, you can explain how a guy with 3 winning seasons in 9 years (2 .500 seasons as well) is an upgrade to our current situation.

Personally, considering that multiple players are having (hopefully) career-highs in turnovers, the oline has had more turn-around than it's had in three years, an insane amount of injuries hitting our wide receivers, a new defensive coordinator dealing with serious linebacker inadequacies (the only real improvement was from Goff, and that was an upgrade from horrible), and absolutely nothing to show from its special teams; one could argue that this was one of Coughlin's better coaching seasons. Even with a loss, we walk away with a 9-7 record, which in a lot of seasons is good enough for the playoffs, and better than what Fox has managed in 6 of his 9 years in Carolina. And 10-6 is still not off the table.

That's after a clusterfuck of a season after which the only true, successful upgrades were to the secondary and the coordinator.

Jack, enlighten me--name me a coach that would do well without decent coordinators outside of New England.

Then, would you explain how Coughlin was "carried" by Hufnagle and Lewis in 2005? Or for that matter, if Gilbride is so bad, why we've been able to accomplish anything at all?

Finally, you can explain how a guy with 3 winning seasons in 9 years (2 .500 seasons as well) is an upgrade to our current situation.

Personally, considering that multiple players are having (hopefully) career-highs in turnovers, the oline has had more turn-around than it's had in three years, an insane amount of injuries hitting our wide receivers, a new defensive coordinator dealing with serious linebacker inadequacies (the only real improvement was from Goff, and that was an upgrade from horrible), and absolutely nothing to show from its special teams; one could argue that this was one of Coughlin's better coaching seasons. Even with a loss, we walk away with a 9-7 record, which in a lot of seasons is good enough for the playoffs, and better than what Fox has managed in 6 of his 9 years in Carolina. And 10-6 is still not off the table.

That's after a clusterfuck of a season after which the only true, successful upgrades were to the secondary and the coordinator.

Thats easy Bellicheck would be batting 600 without Brady

Put Brady on some of those tough Carolina teams and Fox would have a collection of rings.......but we would have no shot at getting him now