SportsWrath

FoX is a free man

Lughead

Well, he didn't exactly get fired. He just lived out the length of his contract, which is a feat all it's own nowadays. I wonder who would be a fit for Carolina.

His contract was for only 16 games in 2010? hmm that's odd.

His contract was for only 16 games in 2010? hmm that's odd.

Fox was first denied a contract extension after the 2008 season. He entered the last year of his deal this fall after the Panthers began a youth movement that has left them an NFL-worst 2-13.

NFL.com

I'm sure if it was a spectacular season they would have let him coach through the playoffs. Seeing as they sucked, it looks like an early sendoff, but I wouldn't exactly call it being fired.

It's funny how different the perspectives are with the various sports markets. Fox never had back to back winning seasons with Carolina yet he coached nine years there. Coughlin is going for his teams 10th win of the season, and even with a win there is question about his job security. I love New York sports but it's pretty ridiculous when you really think about it. I'll tell you this. Mara and Tisch better have a great fucking answer if they decide to fire Coughlin. Don't you dare give us some piss ant like San Diego did with Norv Turner. I think we all need to be careful what we wish for.

It's funny how different the perspectives are with the various sports markets. Fox never had back to back winning seasons with Carolina yet he coached nine years there. Coughlin is going for his teams 10th win of the season, and even with a win there is question about his job security. I love New York sports but it's pretty ridiculous when you really think about it. I'll tell you this. Mara and Tisch better have a great fucking answer if they decide to fire Coughlin. Don't you dare give us some piss ant like San Diego did with Norv Turner. I think we all need to be careful what we wish for.

All we need is in the way of coaching is a new OC and a new STC and for Fewell to get rid of the "tampa 2" defense which he is so enamored with.

NFL.com

I'm sure if it was a spectacular season they would have let him coach through the playoffs. Seeing as they sucked, it looks like an early sendoff, but I wouldn't exactly call it being fired.

a news release sent 10 minutes after the end of a college football bowl game at the team's stadium that owner Jerry Richardson attended, the Panthers finally announced the contracts of Fox and the rest of his staff wouldn't be renewed after Sunday's game at Atlanta.

I was under the assumption he wasn't coaching the last game ,my mistake.