SportsWrath

With the 18th pick in the NFL draft

so-cal dub

Lber

then a LBer

then we try LBer

after that more LBers and then bring in every free agent LBer in the NFL

after that we trade for LBers :furious:

Jack I know you are joking but I actually wouldn't be pissed at all if we went LB, LB in rounds 1 and 2. It is the only position on the team where I would say we are desperate.

Lots of people want offensive linemen. Consider this, though.... All 5 starters are under contract for next year. O'Hara will bounce back. McKenzie had a good year. Diehl did as well. We had some health issues, and although it's early I think Seubert has a long road of recovery in front of him... he's a tough hombre (one of the toughest I've ever seen wear a Giant uniform), but he has a significant knee injury so we will have to wait and see.

But with Beatty, Koets, Andrews, and Petrus I believe we have good young players that give us solid depth. I'd also like to see Boothe return. That's a lot of linemen and although Andrews' back is still a concern, I'm not sure that with the group that we have that we need to go OL in any of the first 3 rounds. I would not mind a mid round pick at OT, however, or a decent back up tackle in free agency.

We also need an x-factor type of athlete that can return kicks and contribute on offense. Darren Sproles is a free agent, but if we could draft somebody like that in maybe round 3, I'd be pleased.

But right now, I think we need to address MLB and SLB with the top 2 picks we have if at all possible.

Jack I know you are joking but I actually wouldn't be pissed at all if we went LB, LB in rounds 1 and 2. It is the only position on the team where I would say we are desperate.

Lots of people want offensive linemen. Consider this, though.... All 5 starters are under contract for next year. O'Hara will bounce back. McKenzie had a good year. Diehl did as well. We had some health issues, and although it's early I think Seubert has a long road of recovery in front of him... he's a tough hombre (one of the toughest I've ever seen wear a Giant uniform), but he has a significant knee injury so we will have to wait and see.

But with Beatty, Koets, Andrews, and Petrus I believe we have good young players that give us solid depth. I'd also like to see Boothe return. That's a lot of linemen and although Andrews' back is still a concern, I'm not sure that with the group that we have that we need to go OL in any of the first 3 rounds. I would not mind a mid round pick at OT, however, or a decent back up tackle in free agency.

We also need an x-factor type of athlete that can return kicks and contribute on offense. Darren Sproles is a free agent, but if we could draft somebody like that in maybe round 3, I'd be pleased.

But right now, I think we need to address MLB and SLB with the top 2 picks we have if at all possible.

does no one see my threads and Jim you even watch ACC Football damn you man :ranting2:

The NY Giants do not draft linebackers in the first round. We'll probably go DE and turn him into a LB. Watch him run around the field trying to cover on passing downs and watching opponents running far down field with the ball for a touchdown.

LawrenceTaylor.jpg

that being said, the Giants have not had an impact player at the LB position since Jesse Armstead. It's time to go out and get an LBer.

You guys can keep dreaming because the Giants have passed on good LBers for a while now.

Yeah but it sounded like they would've drafted McClain last year if he was there at their pick... I don't think it's out of the question that they go LBer this year in the 1st. It all depends on who is there at #19. We know from experience that Reese is not going to reach for a player just because he plays a position of need, he's going to get best player available. I just hope that first rounder is someone who can make a difference year one.

Just thought about how I'm still pissed that it's early January and I'm talking about the Giants draft. :furious: