SportsWrath

Hakeem Nicks Has Broken Toe, May Miss Finale

Mr. P

77836_eagles_giants_football_large.jpg

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks has a broken toe and may miss the regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins.

Head coach Tom Coughlin said "I doubt it" when asked if Nicks will be able to play in the game the Giants must win to make the playoffs. The Giants not only need to beat the Redskins but they will also need the Chicago Bears to beat the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau to get into the postseason.

Nicks is one of many Giants on the injury report Wednesday. Center Shaun O'Hara's foot/Achilles injury has resurfaced and he will miss practice. O'Hara has missed nine games with foot injuries and his status for Sunday's game is up in the air as well. Cornerback Corey Webster (ribs) also will not practice but may be able to on Thursday.

Coughlin said the team was not considering placing anyone on season-ending injured reserve at this time. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle), defensive end Justin Tuck (chest), safety Antrel Rolle (ankle), defensive tackle Chris Canty (neck), defensive end Osi Umenyiora (knee), returner Will Blackmon (knee) and defensive end Dave Tollefson (knee) are also listed on the early injury report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5966183

Injuries took the Pro Bowl away from Hakeem this year. He was on pace for some monster numbers.

He still shoulda went. O Hara is going and he missed more than Hakeem. And Revis is goin from the Jets, and although he played all season, he was average.

If I can play a soccer tournament at 16 with a severely sprained ankle and broken toe on my kicking foot, this fucker could play a football game where he's NOT constantly in motion and he's NOT constantly using it. Figure he'd have the balls to suck it up for 15 second stints, maybe 60 times on Sunda, and that's IF he plays every offensive snap. Realistically, he's probably looking at 45 plays tops. So what, 10 minutes of running on a broken toe? Really? How much of a pussy are you?. Tape the damn toe up, wrap it to high hell, and get your ass on the field. Nicks at less than 100% is far better than Manningham or Hagan.

If I can play a soccer tournament at 16 with a severely sprained ankle and broken toe on my kicking foot, this fucker could play a football game where he's NOT constantly in motion and he's NOT constantly using it. Figure he'd have the balls to suck it up for 15 second stints, maybe 60 times on Sunda, and that's IF he plays every offensive snap. Realistically, he's probably looking at 45 plays tops. So what, 10 minutes of running on a broken toe? Really? How much of a pussy are you?. Tape the damn toe up, wrap it to high hell, and get your ass on the field. Nicks at less than 100% is far better than Manningham or Hagan.

wow gmen, I totally agree with you. I kid you not I got tackled from behind as a kid by a much bigger n stronger dude.. I actually didn't go down easily.. partly because I was tough despite being small.. and partly because he really didn't want to hurt me as he was like an older brother. Save to as he was being "dragged" for maybe a foot or 2 his need was planted on my ankle.. cause a "thud" sound that he and I heard. I didn't even try to think of what it was and proceeded to play.. and when the pain got too much I taped the fuck out of it till my foot looked like a football.. and continued playing. He got up and ran back really fast without saying a word.. after he heard that thud.. of my ankle geting fractured.

It's more the fact that if he can't cut and run routes effectively then he shouldn't be out there....not that he has been running routes particularly effectively at times this season. It doesn't have much to do with him being able to run on it. What good is an injured wide receiver who can't run routes, cut, or plant? Seriously with these high school soccer injuries again?

It's more the fact that if he can't cut and run routes effectively then he shouldn't be out there....not that he has been running routes particularly effectively at times this season. It doesn't have much to do with him being able to run on it. What good is an injured wide receiver who can't run routes, cut, or plant? Seriously with these high school soccer injuries again?

Soccer? Not that it's a lesser sport.. I played that one too. No I meant football.. real rough tackle football.. no pads. It's even harder when almost everyone else weighs twice as much as you. And a fractured ankle is a fractured ankle whether you got it dancing or playing a rough sport. Thanks for the shot.. get 'em in while you can.. it's the last day of 2010.