SportsWrath

Four Giants make the Pro Bowl

NYG Hampton 27

Pro bowls are popularity contests, have very little to do with actual time played during a season. Check last season, O'Hara was there for reasons. He gets voted in this year because he was there last year and nobody else put up a standout season and got recognized for it.

BTW guys, continue to rip him for finally coming back from an injury that has kept him out all season and sucking the games he's played.

Shhh acouple bad games and you're instantly the worst player to ever play on the Giants.

I swear.. 2 fucking losses and everything is wrong with our team... I happened to think this tame needs a couple of tweaks.. not a massive overhaul.

Yes, again I'm trying to find out why O'Hara has to sit and wait for the offensive line to turn to shit yet not one person claimed the same when Nicks and Smith came back and walked straight back into starting over Manningham and Hagen.

O'Hara actually has as much right as an team member to reclaim his spot, he's been that good these last few years. Yes, he's not played well, but in no way should he lose his spot.

That said, Snee deserves the start finally, good for him. And perhaps the league should look around and see if anyone has been more solid than Seubert this season. has he even had one penalty this season?

Agreed. I think although Kareem McKenzie is up there in age, he's been solid .. he kindda struggled a bit last year.

Actually, McKenzie has rebounded very well since the Colts game and he and Snee have done well. But I believe Beatty can come in and replace McKenzie if needed.

Actually, McKenzie has rebounded very well since the Colts game and he and Snee have done well. But I believe Beatty can come in and replace McKenzie if needed.

I didn't get to watch the first three games as I was in Yemen. I managed to watch scrappy internet feed for most of the Carolina game.. till the electricity went out.. which it does every night.

I didn't get to watch the first three games as I was in Yemen. I managed to watch scrappy internet feed for most of the Carolina game.. till the electricity went out.. which it does every night.

Well, if you got a scrappy feed for the Colts game, then it probably looked better than the live feed.

Diehl and McKenzie got stomped that night.

I agree with you guys, Seubert has been outstanding all season. Very impressive considering he keeps being moved.

Snee and Tuck making it are obvious choices. At first I was surprised to see Rolle, but it makes sense, he's done very well and he's a phenomenal blitzer from the secondary.

I'd like to see Webster make it, but I'm not sure who he'd replace, Hall Samuel and Woodson are all very good.

Six Giants were picked as alternates:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/12/four_giants_selected_to_2011_p.html

"Six members of the Giants were selected as alternates: running back Ahmad Bradshaw and Osi Umenyiora are second alternates; quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks are third alternates; offensive tackle David Diehl is a fourth alternate and defensive tackle Barry Cofield is a sixth alternate."

What more did you want him to do? Score some touchdowns? He could very well be considered our best run stuffer and that is on a defense that is ranked in the top 10.

I like Antrel Rolle, I think he's a solid signing....but there's no way he played Pro Bowl caliber this year. O'Hara shouldn't have even been in the running.

Six Giants were picked as alternates:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/12/four_giants_selected_to_2011_p.html

"Six members of the Giants were selected as alternates: running back Ahmad Bradshaw and Osi Umenyiora are second alternates; quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks are third alternates; offensive tackle David Diehl is a fourth alternate and defensive tackle Barry Cofield is a sixth alternate."

Since it's another before the SB pro bowl there could be a few Giants.

Greg Easterbrook does a weekly football column for ESPN. He always comes out with an all "unwanted un-drafted" all pro list.

here is the first team

An asterisk means unwanted more than once.

First-team offense

Offensive line: Tyson Clabo*, Atlanta (undrafted, waived by Broncos, Giants and Chargers); Kris Dielman, San Diego (undrafted, and had never played offensive line, in high school or college, before the NFL); Donald Penn*, Tampa (undrafted, waived by Minnesota); Ryan Lilja*, Kansas City (not recruited out of high school, undrafted, waived by Indianapolis after starting in the Super Bowl); Jeff Saturday*, Indianapolis (undrafted, cut by the Ravens, future Hall of Fame entrant and the 2007 Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-Quarterback Non-Running Back NFL MVP).

Tight end: Antonio Gates, San Diego (undrafted, did not play college football).

Wide receivers: Brandon Lloyd*, Denver (waived by Washington and Chicago, started only seven games from 2007 to 2009, leads NFL in receiving yards); Wes Welker*, (undrafted, waived by San Diego, not recruited out of high school despite scoring 83 prep touchdowns, not drafted despite an NCAA-record eight punt return touchdowns in college; 2008 Unwanted Player of the Year).

Fullback: BenJarvus Green-Ellis*, New England (undrafted, waived once by his own team).

Running backs: Arian Foster, Houston (undrafted, leading NFL in rushing; undrafted Priest Holmes led the NFL in rushing in 2001); Fred Jackson*, Buffalo (undrafted out of Division III Coe College, played for the Sioux City Bandits).

Quarterback: Michael Vick, Philadelphia (waived by Atlanta; when released from prison, most NFL teams would not even talk to him).

First-team defense

Defensive line: Cameron Wake, Miami (undrafted); Antonio Garay*, San Diego (waived by the Browns, Bears and Jets); Jacques Cesaire, San Diego (undrafted out of Division II Southern Connecticut State); Cullen Jenkins, Green Bay (undrafted).

Linebackers: James Harrison*, Pittsburgh (undrafted, played for the Rhein Fire, cut by Ravens and once cut by the Steelers -- 2009 Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-Quarterback Non-Running Back NFL MVP); Gary Guyton, New England (undrafted); Stephen Cooper, San Diego (undrafted out of Division I-AA Maine).

Defensive backs: Brent Grimes, Atlanta (undrafted); Jim Leonhard*, Jersey/B (undrafted after being a college walk-on, let go by Buffalo and Baltimore, 2009 TMQ Unwanted Player of the Year); Jacob Lacey, Indianapolis (undrafted because he is "too small," was an econ major in college); Jabari Greer, New Orleans (undrafted).

What more did you want him to do? Score some touchdowns? He could very well be considered our best run stuffer and that is on a defense that is ranked in the top 10.

He doesn't have the best numbers, nor has he really made big plays this season. That's normally what gets safeties in the Pro Bowl.

Best number compared to who? He has had some tremendous plays this season. Rolle has been huge in stopping the run this season.

He doesn't have the best numbers, nor has he really made big plays this season. That's normally what gets safeties in the Pro Bowl.