SportsWrath

O'Hara

UK-Giantsfan

i know all that bullshit about players not losing their starting position due to injury ........but to be brutally honest our O line has looked rubbish since O Hara came back ......

if i remeber correctly we had 5 or 6 games wihout a sack between week 10-15 with our so called makeshift O line.

As soon as O Hara comes back ......we cant run the ball , he gets owned by Philly and GB ...and Eli goes down loads ....or has no time at all.

The coaching decision to bring back O Hara and move Rich Seubert has been a total disaster .......and has partly led to this meltdown ! ( IMO )

Fuck it

regards

UK

i know all that bullshit about players not losing their starting position due to injury ........but to be brutally honest our O line has looked rubbish since O Hara came back ......

if i remeber correctly we had 5 or 6 games wihout a sack between week 10-15 with our so called makeshift O line.

As soon as O Hara comes back ......we cant run the ball , he gets owned by Philly and GB ...and Eli goes down loads ....or has no time at all.

The coaching decision to bring back O Hara and move Rich Seubert has been a total disaster .......and has partly led to this meltdown ! ( IMO )

Fuck it

regards

UK

I agree 100%.....they should have sat his ass on the bench and let him be fresh for the playoff run....same thing with Steven Smith.

I think it was selfish if it was his decision alone....the Giants are notorious under Coughlin for rushing guys back from injury when another week or two was needed. From what I infer from O'Hara's statements prior to coming back was that he was not %100 but was expected to "play through the injury". This is another example of Tom's decision making process that puzzles many.

Carl Banks along with Bob Papa have been talking about this continuously since the decision was made. Carl stated he would stick with the girl who brought him to the dance rather than go for the prom queen. He said O-Line is all about cohesion and repetition. And whenever I saw Boothe isolated on a guy I saw that guy being moved out of the way...forcefully. It was similar to the D-Line when they go the all DE alignment. Get your best guys on the field regardless of their preseason status.

I think it was selfish if it was his decision alone....the Giants are notorious under Coughlin for rushing guys back from injury when another week or two was needed. From what I infer from O'Hara's statements prior to coming back was that he was not %100 but was expected to "play through the injury". This is another example of Tom's decision making process that puzzles many.

Carl Banks along with Bob Papa have been talking about this continuously since the decision was made. Carl stated he would stick with the girl who brought him to the dance rather than go for the prom queen. He said O-Line is all about cohesion and repetition. And whenever I saw Boothe isolated on a guy I saw that guy being moved out of the way...forcefully. It was similar to the D-Line when they go the all DE alignment. Get your best guys on the field regardless of their preseason status.

I think the thought process was (not that I agree with it) to get him back on the field so he can shake the rust off. In hindsight I'm sure even Coughlin thinks it was stupid.

I'm beginning to feel bad for Coughlin now.. man he's been getting hammered.

It's not stupid at all. He didn't deserve to lose his spot at all, and there's no way to predict that the offense would struggle with him. I'm with Coughlin on this, perhaps you do some spot duty to get Boothe time, because in fairness Boothe did well. But overall you can't punish O'Hara, he missed enough time.

It's not stupid at all. He didn't deserve to lose his spot at all, and there's no way to predict that the offense would struggle with him. I'm with Coughlin on this, perhaps you do some spot duty to get Boothe time, because in fairness Boothe did well. But overall you can't punish O'Hara, he missed enough time.

It is if the guy is still injured.

Which he is.

Or if the line was playing better without him than it was when he was in the line-up.

Which it was.

Therefore... it was a stupid move.

It is if the guy is still injured.

Which he is.

Or if the line was playing better without him than it was when he was in the line-up.

Which it was.

Therefore... it was a stupid move.

I agree....Gilbride should have noticed his ineffectiveness, or Coughlin. Pretty plain to see the guy had a bad wheel. Now he can't go at all.

I get the Bleacher Report about 3-4 times per week and when we were all bandying about whether he should play or not. I mentioned reading one of the articles where O'Hara himself admitted he was not 100% and the author implied that he was being pushed to come back. I said oh shit...the man himself is saying he is not ready but will play if needed. That is why I bowed out of the should Seubert start and O'Hara can't lose his spot to injury. I mean dudes the guy himself was saying he was still hurting. The coaching staff lives in la la land. They are like hoarders who see order; anorexics who see a healthy weight.